Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Birthday Cake

XJ's 1st birthday is approaching and I already had in mind of what type of cake to buy for her. I won't be baking because I DO NOT know how. Haha...not a dedicated mother. But I sure know how to eat! Because cakes are one of my favourites.

Hubby suggested to get her a jelly cake instead, so I went online to search for more information and I found 2 website - 1 located in Puchong and 1 located in Cheras. As SIL is staying at Puchong, we thought maybe will get her help to buy for us. However, from the website, I was very surprise to see the jelly cake was so expensive comparing to the Cheras one. It is almost double the price.

Well, here is the comparison. Doll cake from Puchong cost around RM178 and Doll cake from Cheras only cost RM65. See, the price is vast different. Even some might argue that the doll cake from Puchong looks better and bigger. It weight about 3 kg (approx for 20 + pax). I did email the customer service @ Puchong and requested for a cake suitable for 10-15 pax and they replied by recommending me to take the RM98 nett doll cake (product code Q3D055) which is about 2.2 kg (approx 15 pax). Still very expensive.

The doll cake in Cheras is suitable for 25 pax (as stated in the website) but do not know the weight. They even have a smaller type which only cost RM50. If I were to request for a delivery to Puchong, an extra RM20 nett is chargable. Hmm....still have to weight the pros and cons before deciding.

3 comments:

  1. i din even know cheras got. otherwise wud have ordered for qiqi earlier. thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get one for her & the twins next year! plus u must continue to bake the cup cakes & cookies. Nothing can beat homemade! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i din even know cheras got. otherwise wud have ordered for qiqi earlier. thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails