Monday, June 1, 2009

An EXCITING, TIRED and BAD mum

EXCITING Mum

While helping YX to change cloths yesterday morning after his bathe, he sang Choo choo train, choo choo train (sorry...don't remember the lyrics) so happily. Just as we are planning to travel to Mines Shopping Center for the Malaysian Book Fair '09 that morning, the song he sang gave me an idea. Why don't I bring YX for a train ride instead of us driving. (MIL volunteer to look after baby XJ, therefore, we will only bring YX).

Then I asked him "YX, do you want to go for a train ride"? and he quickly answer me with a big YES !!! So, after some discussion, hubby and I made up our mind to go ahead with the train. (Discussion because the train station is away from the Mines shopping center where we need to walk a few shophouses away and an underground bridge in order to reach).

I know YX was very excited and kept asking us where is the train when we were walking towards the train station. I was very excited too! I was excited seeing YX enjoying himself with the train ride ;) seeing him so happy with his FIRST RIDE! Initially, I thought he will be afraid, but he proof me wrong. * GRIN*


TIRED Mum
Yes, am a very tired mum AFTER the 0.5 day trip! On the way to Mines, we were full of energy, but while coming back home, we are REALLY TIRED!!! After spending about 4 hours in the book fair, we have used up almost 60% of the energy just for WALKING! Upon reaching the train station, oh my.....it was FULL of people queeing up for tickets. While waiting for the train, I was already fully prepared knowing we will have to cramp like a sardine inside the train. True enough, when the train arrived, it was REALLY PACKED! We squeeze ourselve in and of course have to STAND while hubby carrying YX. We were very tired and HOT. We were sweating like HELL!

Our poor boy was also very tired and he fell asleep on his daddy's shoulder. (We were standing at the middle and those seated were unable to see us, therefore no one offer any seats to us). However, after past 2 stations, a lot of people alighted, and finally, a good samaritans saw us and offer the seat to hubby and of course dear hubby asked me to sit instead, and I took over the task to carry the sleeping YX. Aww....what a good feeling to be able to SIT! Poor hubby only got his seat a few minutes later after more people get down.

During night time, we asked YX again "Do you want to ride the train again?" and he happily reply with a big YES !!!!


BAD mum
This morning, I'm a bad mum.. A very bad bad mum :( Due to my laziness and still feeling very tired after yesterday trip, I was so reluction to wake up. I laze on my bed for almost 20 minutes and finally managed to persuade myself to get ready for work, otherwise, will be late. As still in a very blury state, I FORGOT to block the open space on my bed with a pillow. (Normally I will do that in order to protect XJ from rolling down to the floor). However, I remember I did look at both XJ and YX before leaving for the bathroom and confirmed that both are still sleeping. As I was bathing half way, I heard XJ crying so loudly and I knew, she must have FELL TO THE FLOOR!!!!

What a bad mother I am. I'm feeling so guilty. After her fell, MIL rushed to my room to carry her down as she said she can even heard the sound THUMP and followed by the cry when she was downstair. So terrible!!! Luckily XJ is ok and hopefully she is really ok. I'm now very worried because I did not see how she fell, which way face down first, did she knock her head real hard? Oh my....am so worried now. I called back today during lunch time and MIL assured us XJ is ok, but am still worried.

I'm a bad bad mother :(

3 comments:

  1. Hehe...as for the train ride, your son probably didn't really experience the hardship yet becos he was carried most of the time. But for parents, it's definitely exhaustive!

    As for baby rolling down the bed, I too had my fair share of such accident. For my case, I was watching over my baby play on the bed, but I accidently dozed off. And the funny thing is I somehow woke up by myself to quickly go to my baby (who has fallen down but not yet cried) although I swear I didn't hear any thud sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...that must be the mother's instinct-knowing that your baby had rolled down to the floor. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe...as for the train ride, your son probably didn't really experience the hardship yet becos he was carried most of the time. But for parents, it's definitely exhaustive!

    As for baby rolling down the bed, I too had my fair share of such accident. For my case, I was watching over my baby play on the bed, but I accidently dozed off. And the funny thing is I somehow woke up by myself to quickly go to my baby (who has fallen down but not yet cried) although I swear I didn't hear any thud sound!

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails