Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Third day at school

Today is the 3rd day YX attended the kindie. He SCREAM again ! I wonder how long does this need to last. ;-(

This morning, he refuse to get down from the car, unless I did. Ok, so I parked my car and accompany him to enter the school. He was holding my hand so tightly and refuse to take a step further unless I did. Ok, so I walk in front while he follows behind (still holding to my hand tightly). Inside the kindie, he refuse to sit, unless I did. Ok, so I sat,

After about 20 minutes, he told me "Mama, I want to go HOME ! " showing his pity face (wanted to cry face).

Then, I try to comfort him telling him that MIL will be fetching him after school. Asking him to be a good boy and I have to leave for work already. I quicky stand up and one of the teacher carry him. There goes his SCREAM !!

MAMA WHERE ARE YOU. I WANT TO GO HOME !!!

Ahhh....my heart breaks upon hearing those words, but I still have to leave him there.

~
~
~
~
~

Yesterday night, while on the bed I asked YX about his school. Then, he told me 2 stories.

Story No. 1
YX : I cry at school today
Me : So what did teacher or aunty do? (Aunty referring to the principal's mother who help out in the kindie)
YX : Aunty said if I cry, a neh neh will come and catch me !!!

* a neh neh = Indian men * Older people tends to use this term to describe Indian men to scare children because of their look (mature and dark complextion)

Story No. 2
Me : What did you do in school today?
YX : I sleep
Me : HUH ! YOU SLEEP ??
YX : Yes, sleep on the 'hai mien' (matteress)

* MIL already told me over the phone when she picked up YX saying that he looked blur blur, like just got up from sleep. However, the aunty and teacher did not mentioned anything about this. So, we believe YX must have cried until he slept. *


Ahh...are the above stories true? I do not know, but I don't believe a 3 y.o kid will create such a story to entertain me either. Hmm....maybe this is just part of his growing stage in the kindie. Hopefully he can get used to kindie life soon and study like the other kids there.

Today at 12.45 pm, I called MIL and see how is YX. Well, he does not look 'blur blur' like yesterday. Teacher even said that he participated in the singing class and was very happy singing with the other children. Wonder how true is that ??

Tomorrow will be another battle again. I think I will have to act more harshly and leave him there to cry. Hmm....will that be the best way?

2nd day at school

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I have a feeling that Chloe is going to do the same thing to me when she goes to kindie next year :-( because I did this to my mum too, when I was young hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont like the neh neh part leh.. it's like installing racism in young mind... i was a kindie teacher so I saw how children discriminate against other races once they are 'brainwashed'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know whether this is the best way, but I'll also do like what you are going to do: act more harshly and leave him there to cry (although our hearts are very kesian inside!). Kids need to learn some realities of life and that every stage of life have different things to expect and do. By doing that, hopefully kids will grow up to have a stronger personality and are tough on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ChloeRouyi ~ Don't worry as girl are sometimes tougher than boy.

    Merryn ~ True...I dislike how the aunty try to scare my son by being racist. But old ppl is like that le

    Alice ~ Hope he will grow up strong and tough !

    ReplyDelete
  5. ChloeRouyi ~ Don't worry as girl are sometimes tougher than boy.

    Merryn ~ True...I dislike how the aunty try to scare my son by being racist. But old ppl is like that le

    Alice ~ Hope he will grow up strong and tough !

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails