Saturday, August 8, 2009

How is YX ?

Today marked the 3rd day YX is infected by the HFMD. At this point, he had finished up 1 bottle of the antibiotic and have 1 more to go. (Doctor prescribe 2 bottles of antibiotic). Taking medicine is a huge headache for me. I will have to offer him something which he is curious about or he has never used before in order to 'bait' him to drink the medicine. One of the example is offering him my handphone for him to explore (which is a no-no everytime he wanted to play with it). Sweets and ice no longer works. Whenever come to medicine time, I will have to 'spoilt' him and sometimes 'frighten' him like packing up his favourite toys and threaten to throw them away. I know this is not the best way, but I have to other choices. ;-(

His condition is improving as he is willing to eat porridge without fuss. Glad that he can eat now! However, we still need to seperate him away from baby XJ. He seems to miss his sister as he requested to go home (I've brought him to my office) and said he wanted to play with XJ. Aaawwww.... my poor boy. However, glad that he did not give us a hard time when we 'quarantined' him in the bedroom once we got home from work. We supply him with lots of cartoons and nursery rhymes to watch. AND lots of toys too!

Hope he get well soon..........

p/s: He is sleeping now, so I could blog. Otherwise, my notebook is the best tool to entertain him in the office! Will blog about that soon......

5 comments:

  1. ooh... glad to hear that YX getting better... hope he recover soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you can bring him to work. That's good. Most kids have difficulties taking medicines. YX is considered very good already, made so little fuss only hehe... Hope he gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.....don't feel guilty about having to bait your son to eat his medicine. Sometimes you really don't have choice, as long as he drinks it, can already, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia ~ Thks....he has fully recovered and we had sent him to school.

    Chloe ~ Thks....glad that he did not stir more headache for me during the 'quarantine' time.

    Alice ~ Ya...am glad the bait we use works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia ~ Thks....he has fully recovered and we had sent him to school.

    Chloe ~ Thks....glad that he did not stir more headache for me during the 'quarantine' time.

    Alice ~ Ya...am glad the bait we use works.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails