Thursday, August 13, 2009

Servicing car

Where do you normally service your car ???

I've been servicing my car at the Perodua service center until recently, FIL suggested me to sent the car to those small workshop for servicing. Hubby and I are aware those workshop are able to do servicing job, but we are not sure if they do check the car throughly. At Perodua, they will normally showed me the jobsheet on what they had checked and advised if any parts required a replacement. However, I've never stand beside the service guy to see if they do really check on those items mentioned. I pressumed that they do.

Heed my FIL's advise, this morning I sent my car to the workshop which he recommended for servicing. I did not stand there either to witness how they service my car, and trust them as they should know what to do. Anyway, I went back to the shop 1 hour later (normally Perodua requires 2 - 2.5 hours) and my car are ready.

Total bill I paid is only RM75 comparing to Perodua ranging between RM130 - RM170. I save around half of what I normally paid!

3 comments:

  1. As for me, I only to the Perodua service centre during the first 3 compulsory car servicings. After that first 3, I merely settled for those Chinamen car servicing workshops. During the first 3 car servicing, I noticed my bill becomes higher and higher with each servicing. The 1st was nearly RM100 and by the 3rd Perodua servicing, my bill became almost RM200! And judging from the items the Perodua people did in the bill, my hubby says many of those thing they do are not very neccessary one. The Perodua people even pump so much air into my tyres so much so my tyres became very hard such that my car rides are very bumpy which is not to my liking! But if I do it in Chinamen's shop, my bill only revolves around RM60 or RM60+ which includes changing engine oil and oil filter (plus labour).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice ~ Agree...after servicing a few times at Perodua, the bill seems to be increasing each time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for me, I only to the Perodua service centre during the first 3 compulsory car servicings. After that first 3, I merely settled for those Chinamen car servicing workshops. During the first 3 car servicing, I noticed my bill becomes higher and higher with each servicing. The 1st was nearly RM100 and by the 3rd Perodua servicing, my bill became almost RM200! And judging from the items the Perodua people did in the bill, my hubby says many of those thing they do are not very neccessary one. The Perodua people even pump so much air into my tyres so much so my tyres became very hard such that my car rides are very bumpy which is not to my liking! But if I do it in Chinamen's shop, my bill only revolves around RM60 or RM60+ which includes changing engine oil and oil filter (plus labour).

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails