Thursday, September 24, 2009

Disposable Diapers

Nowadays, disposable diapers are not cheap. 2-3 years ago, I still managed to buy Drypers brand at RM28.90 (the cheapest) for the jumbo pack ; Pampers brand at RM27.90 (the cheapest) also jumbo pack. Recently, prices has increase. The cheapest ever I managed to get for Drypers and Pampers are RM33 and RM29 respectively. I wonder why the increase of price since every, or if not every, then MOST of the household with little baby requires to use it.

It is really costly especially when baby uses a lot. Lucky MIL trained her to poo on the potty every morning after a bottle of milk. It has became a habit and she could really do her business on time. Of course, sometime she skipped her poo poo business to a later hour or day. If she poo in the potty, it will be easier to clean up the mess and also could save a piece of the disposable diaper.

I felt that I've been visiting the shopping mall very frequent just to buy diapers. Every time, I only purchase 2 packs because I'm afraid I will over stocked them. XJ is now using size 'L' . Her diaper changing timetable as below:

7.30 am ~ after bathe, 1 piece
12 noon ~ 1 piece (the morning one will be fully soaked with urine).
6 pm ~ evening bathe, 1 piece
10 pm ~ before sleep, need to change 1 new piece. Otherwise, she will wet my bed in the middle of the night due to over soaked.

~ Hope she will be fully potty trained before the age of 2 ! ~

Note : YX was fully potty trained at age of 2, but now, he is still using diaper during bedtime at night.

8 comments:

  1. This is what I do to save a little money: use different diaper brands of different rate of absorbency and capacity for different times of the day. For example, if my boy's evening bath up to the time he will wake up from sleep the next morning is about 12 to 14 hrs apart, I'll just straightaway use Drypers Drypantz. If it is about 10-12 hrs apart, I'll use Huggies Dry Comfort, if 4-8 hrs apart before the next change, then I'll use those cheapers ones like Tesco Choice, Diapex, Baby Like or Hey Baby!

    Talking about stocking up, my boy's stock can last him till he's about 1 yr 9 mths at the current rate of usage. Actually, when I first stock up and at that time's rate of usage, I was a little worried that the supply won't finish in time before he's fully potty-trained. But now with how much stock left and at the current usage rate, I am relieved that I had not overstocked. So the lesson is don't worry, as long as you do some estimation of calculation of the rate of usage, then should be fine to stock up when the price is cheap. In the meantime, do look out for diaper offers in hypermarket advertisements in newspapers. I got Diapex (L69) using newspaper coupon from Giant for RM23 only! Cheap and good for economical usage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry too much... Babies grow so fast, they'll grow out of this diaper phase in the blink of an eye. Come to think of it, i actually miss stocking up on daytime diapers haha! I'm also waiting (until neck long) to train C to be diaperless at night. Sometimes I really dunno how to start training because she still wets her diaper at night even after emptying her bladder just b4 bedtime. And since she's sleeping on her new bed now, I really don't dare to take the risk yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope mine grow out of diaper stage soon . Found Pampers at Tesco RM31-90 last week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice ~ Because XJ is using 'L' size, I dare not stock up too much as sooner or later, she will change to 'XL' size. About using different diapers brand, that is a good idea!Btw, I had stocked up too many 'XL' size during YX's time. I still have 4 packs at home!

    Chloe ~ Mine too (neck long). hahah...YX still wets the diaper even emptying his bladder before bedtime. But at least, not an everyday affair.

    Smallkucing ~ Ohh...expensive. During promotions time, I believe you can get cheaper than that. Should be below RM30.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah the disposable diapers are getting more expensive. I'm considering to mix use with the one-size cloth diapers. I came across it when blog-hopping but wondering how absorbent it is & whether it's easy to wash esp wth poo poo there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dora ~ If you train your baby XJ to poo in the potty, then it should not be too much of a problem with the cloth diapers. However, I've never use any cloth diaper before so do not know how absorbent it is. Disposable is still easier (for lazy mummy like me) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what I do to save a little money: use different diaper brands of different rate of absorbency and capacity for different times of the day. For example, if my boy's evening bath up to the time he will wake up from sleep the next morning is about 12 to 14 hrs apart, I'll just straightaway use Drypers Drypantz. If it is about 10-12 hrs apart, I'll use Huggies Dry Comfort, if 4-8 hrs apart before the next change, then I'll use those cheapers ones like Tesco Choice, Diapex, Baby Like or Hey Baby!

    Talking about stocking up, my boy's stock can last him till he's about 1 yr 9 mths at the current rate of usage. Actually, when I first stock up and at that time's rate of usage, I was a little worried that the supply won't finish in time before he's fully potty-trained. But now with how much stock left and at the current usage rate, I am relieved that I had not overstocked. So the lesson is don't worry, as long as you do some estimation of calculation of the rate of usage, then should be fine to stock up when the price is cheap. In the meantime, do look out for diaper offers in hypermarket advertisements in newspapers. I got Diapex (L69) using newspaper coupon from Giant for RM23 only! Cheap and good for economical usage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dora ~ If you train your baby XJ to poo in the potty, then it should not be too much of a problem with the cloth diapers. However, I've never use any cloth diaper before so do not know how absorbent it is. Disposable is still easier (for lazy mummy like me) hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails