Saturday, September 5, 2009

No no to porridge

As being advised by the doctor, YX must avoid oily and sweet foods. In another meaning, his milk intake must be reduce. Instead, doctor said plain porridge is the best. So, after visiting the doctor, I quickly cooked porridge for YX while he was sleeping. Once he woke up, he requested for something to eat. I was happy because if he can feel hungry, it shows there are some improvement. I fed him the plain porridges and his appetite seems good.

Around 2 hours later, YX requested for milk. He looks active and can even disturb baby XJ. A good sign ! However, around 10 pm as we are getting ready to go to bed, YX complaint of stomach ache. He purge but did not vomit. Then he started to show his weak look again, lying on the bed curling up. Soon, he fell asleep. I've wanted to apply the chinese medication oil on his tummy, but he refused.

The nightmare begin at midnight. At around 2.30 am, YX vomitted on my bed ! The porridges which he ate in the evening has not been digested and all came out together with the milk. Less than 5 minutes after bathe, YX slept. He still looks weak. Hubby and I clear off the mess and continue with our sleep on the extra matteress. Even baby XJ woke up but luckly she was very cooperative and slept after about 30 minutes without making any fuss.

This morning, YX looks better. He was active again and the diarrhoea has stop. Thought he was fine, I feed him porridges again, but a smaller bowl compare to yesterday. His appetite was good. However 4 hours later, YX complaint of tummy ache again. The first thought came to my mind was the porridges and true enough, he threw up everything. He looks weak again and is now sleeping.

The will be NO MORE PORRIDGES for YX anymore because his stomach just could not accept them. Maybe I should feed him plain bread instead. Will that cause indigestion as well?

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure also. My smallkucing also vomitting and stomach have lot of wind. Due to teeth coming out.

    I gave him a bit of oat. Didnt vomit out. Maybe you can try oat or the TIGER biscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. try some cereals as what baby used to take? you are slightly further to me, or else I don't mind to cook some rice paste for him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smallkucing ~ Oh...thks for sharing. I did not thought of oats. Maybe I should try.

    Cynthia ~ Hahah....Thks for that. You are so kind. I have been offering him MILO instead of milk and that did not made him vomit. Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. try some cereals as what baby used to take? you are slightly further to me, or else I don't mind to cook some rice paste for him...

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails