Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lantern moments

Supposed to lit up the lantern with the kids tonight (Saturday), but SIL got the mood and therefore, we made it a day earlier. The weather was also good (no rain) which permits us to do so. Do you think the kids have a great time?


I used flash to take the picture and it turn out clear, but do not have the candle effect. Since we have no where to hang the lantern, we just hung them up at the cloths line.

This picture was taken without the flash and I think it turns out better.

SIL bought a new lantern for YX. Since he like dinosaur, they picked this. So, referring to the question above. Do you think the kids enjoyed themselves ? The answer is NO ! YX is so afraid of the candles and kept saying "Got fire! Got fire!" *Slap forehead* This picture was also taken in a very fast pace as he is already there shouting for me to hold the lantern for him. Look at his scare face. Pressure!


Baby XJ with the battery operated lantern. MIL bought this lantern last year for YX. Well, XJ does not dare to hold the lantern as well when we turn it on. She quickly crawl away. When we turn it off, she came towards it and was very curious. Sigh ! Instead of the kids enjoying themselves, we adults had a great time instead!
After only a few minutes lighting up the lantern, YX insisted of going inside the house. We tried to coax him to hold the lantern a few times, but he refused. Both candles and battery operated lantern was rejected by him. Well, I guess I still have to wait for another year before both know how to enjoy this lantern moments. Or will they?

HAPPY MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL !!!

10 comments:

  1. hahaa...maybe yr kids are still young.. or maybe.. these days are not the same like those days.. i am sure u r years younger than me.. during my time, we looked forward to having this festival.. we means neighbours' kids and my own siblings.. we loved playing with lanterns and candles, we were the great pretenders.. playing like "family type"... those were the golden days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hang my lanterns on those drying lines too! but this year, I am in bed at 10pm, coz baby princess crying for mummy... next year next year, I sure bring baby out (by then she is no longer the baby baby liao) and let her enjoy her self..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so many lanterns! Chloe said exactly the same thing last year "got fire!" haha. This year she knows already and enjoyed playing with it.

    We were in City park yesterday. I was on the look out for your kids (cos I dunno how you look like hehe)... but guess you weren't there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reanaclaire ~ Ya...thoses were the days. My father used to tell me stories about his olden days. During festive seasons, they only can have drumstick to eat. But now. The kids can have them everyday and they can even be CHOOSY!

    Cynthia ~ That is mummy's sacrifies. ;-)

    Chloe ~ YX is about the same age with Chloe, but he still does not know how to enjoy himself. Btw, we did not go to the City Park yesterday. The kids and me had a great time sleeping till 8am. heheh...only hubby wakes up earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it seems like we adults are having more fun playing lanterns than the kids on this festival! hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't help laughing when I read about your children's reaction! Very cute reaction! Perhaps have to wait until they are older, then they will appreciate lanterns better. But your son definitely knows the danger of fire which is a good thing also (so he won't dare to even try playing with fire in the first place!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems to me adult having more fun than the kids leh..kekeke...The Dino Lantern must have cost a bomb. Last I asked at PJ it's around rm12

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dora ~ Ya....and it is also good...bring back childhood memories. That's the reason I bought those paper lantern. Easily burnt but traditional.

    Alice ~ Am glad too that he is aware he cannot PLAY WITH FIRE. hehe

    Smallkucing ~ The Dino lantern cost around RM9.80 in Seremban. SIL bought it 1 day before the mooncake festival (guess they must have increase the price). Luckily it did not caught fire, so next year can still recycle. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems to me adult having more fun than the kids leh..kekeke...The Dino Lantern must have cost a bomb. Last I asked at PJ it's around rm12

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't help laughing when I read about your children's reaction! Very cute reaction! Perhaps have to wait until they are older, then they will appreciate lanterns better. But your son definitely knows the danger of fire which is a good thing also (so he won't dare to even try playing with fire in the first place!).

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails