Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Econsave, Senawang

On Sunday night, MIL suggested to visit the newly open Econsave hypermarket in Senawang (about 10 - 15 minutes drive away from Seremban town). Since we had early dinner and both the kids already took their evening bathe, we proceed with the 'unplanned plan'.

For me, all hypermarket are similar. Only on certain item whereby they have SALE, it is worth the buy. I always look out for baby's disposable diapers, milk powder, toiletries and edible stuffs (fresh milk, biscuits, chips) and whichever hypermarket have SALE, it will attract me. While making payment, I felt so satisfy even the total amount will be like RMxxx (3 FIGURES). Hubby always said I'm 'penny wise, pound foolish' because I never take petrol into account. Coincidently, all 3 hypermarkets located quite far away from the place we stayed. But when that hypermarket have SALE, it will attract me to go and shop!

Ok, back to the Econsave. The environment looks nice. Well, the place is still new, so everything looks NEW. Not very spacious though but the lighting are very bright. It was quite crowded that night (maybe weekends) and certain items are on SALE, so I was happily putting things into my shopping cart.

Baby XJ was not very cooperative as she refused to sit on the shopping cart, so hubby had to carry her. Just as we walked towards the toiletries area, suddenly hubby FELL!!! with baby XJ in his arm! I got a shocked and was so worry for baby when I saw him fell. Everything happen so fast and I was unable to do anything. Luckily hubby has broad shoulder and big in size so he is able to protect baby from knocking on the floor. He was also trying hard to hold on baby so she will not fall (at the same time, trying hard to balance himself so he will not knock his head on the floor). Baby and hubby escaped bruises and knocks but baby was crying because she was afraid. We then found out that there was a pool of shampoo on the floor and hubby was so unlucky to step on it. You can imagine how SLIPPERY the floor is with that shampoo on it! Somebody must had spilled the shampoo on the floor and did not notify the staff to clean them up.

We quickly informed one of the staff at the counter, so that area could be clean up to avoid the next victim.

After that unpleasant incident, we decided to go home. As there are about 7 - 8 cashiers, only 2 counters accept credit card. I prefer to use credit card for my purchase so I can collect points. *wink* However, that night my purchase was only around RM50 + and to my surprised, they WILL NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARD FOR A PURCHASE UNDER RM80!!! Gosh! I seldom come across under RM80. Normally, a minimum amount will be RM50.

Unless there are SALE going on and the item I wanted to buy is really really cheap (especially YX & XJ's milk powder) I don't think I'm going to shop at Econsave anymore.

So Giant and Tesco hypermarket, you still have my supports!

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what an unpleasant experience. Luckily both your big and small babies were not seriously hurt. I haven't been to this Econsave before, maybe in my next Seremban trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There an Econsave at my area too. Found that the things are cheap there but the product is very near to expiry date. Didn't buy any and didn't go anymore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear..luckily your Hubby was quick enough to prevent baby XJ from falling. Looks like Econsave is not the place to shop. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that, luckily both your husband and baby is ok!
    Actually can take legal action against them if we fall down inside their premises due to slipery floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe ~ Haha..Big and Small babies! Ya...luckily they are not hurt.

    smallkucing ~ Oh really! Luckily you checked on the expiry date.

    Mummy Gwen ~ Ya. Luckily both baby and hubby are fine.

    Pete ~ If something bad happen, then I might consider legal action. What a bad luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear! What an unpleasant experience for first time going there! By the way, in my personal opinion, for hypermarket to impose RM80 minimum for allowing to use credit card, I think it's a shame for Econsave to implement that. Even The Store which is a supermarket merely impose RM30 as minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't thing that Econsave will implement that procedure without any reasons. why don't you give a suggestions to the management to reconsider about their procedures. don't judge its overall image just on one unluckyly incident.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't thing that Econsave will implement that procedure without any reasons. why don't you give a suggestions to the management to reconsider about their procedures. don't judge its overall image just on one unluckyly incident.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails