Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Self-made crafts

I've picked up some crafty works via blogs few months ago from this mommy blogger, Merryn who have great craft ideas. So, I've decided to put in some efforts to decorate YX & XJ's room.


Handprints sun and trees. On the left, belongs to YX's and right, belongs to XJ's. You can get the original format of sun over here, and trees over here. I had a great time with YX doing the hand tracing. He was so excited when I cut out his hand prints. But, I had a tough time tracing XJ's little hand as she was so afraid to spread out her fingers and place them on the paper. After several attempts, only I managed to get it done.


Caterpillar and chicken + eggs. I've printed out the months and days in 3 languages in a piece of A4 paper, cut them out and paste them onto the caterpillar and eggs. However, I find the wording are too small. ;-(

The 7 days of weeks. A closer view of the chicken + egg. I got this idea from Merryn too. For the original one, click here.


The 12 months of the year. I got this idea while google for some information.



And some photos for both YX & XJ. I cut out the wordings from some old magazines which carries the titles to suit the photos I wanted. Once I pasted them onto the wall, YX commented that it looks like a CAKE and ask me "Why no candles ?" Because of the pyramid like shape, YX imagine that it is a cake. hahah...silly boy!

12 comments:

  1. nice deco and nice effort.. I don't know when will i have those crafty hands to do all this for my girl.. I am one that sucks in craft... and yes, Merryn has a very nice craft blog for reference..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! You've transformed a normal craft into something educational :) Well done there :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice educational decor! Post some photos of the kids' room la :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it very much!

    Finally caught a nuffy at your site. hard to catch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. tak sangka you so creative... can make caterpillar some more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynthia ~ Never try never know. Anyway, there is always Merryn around to guide us. hehe

    Merryn ~ Thks. And your crafty blogs had widen my crafts knowledge a lot!

    Chloe ~ Thks. Since there are space on the wall, I just make good use of it. hehe....

    smallkucing ~ Thks for the 'catch'!! you may also try to decorate Joshua's room.

    Mummy Gwen ~ Thks...all my ideas are cut and paste. hehe

    SP ~ I only pandai copycat la...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wah....that's really an effort! And it's not just a decoration , but an educational decoration as well. Well done! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice ~ But the wordings are too small. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooohhh... a very handy mama!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooohhh... a very handy mama!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cynthia ~ Never try never know. Anyway, there is always Merryn around to guide us. hehe

    Merryn ~ Thks. And your crafty blogs had widen my crafts knowledge a lot!

    Chloe ~ Thks. Since there are space on the wall, I just make good use of it. hehe....

    smallkucing ~ Thks for the 'catch'!! you may also try to decorate Joshua's room.

    Mummy Gwen ~ Thks...all my ideas are cut and paste. hehe

    SP ~ I only pandai copycat la...hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails