Saturday, May 8, 2010

1 + 2 = ? ? ?

Last Tues (4/5/10), I brought both kids to the clinic because both are still coughing with phlegm. YX's cough is not as bad as baby XJ but I does not want to take things for granted anymore like what I did to Baby. So, off we went to the clinic - Me alone with the 2 kids.

That was really a challenging task but glad that we managed to go and come back in 1 piece.

The appointment was given at 2.30pm. Since the doctor was VERY busy, he still had about 3 - 4 patients to clear off before mine. And in between, he stop for lunch. So, we actually waited for almost an extra hour before being called in (3.30PM). If I'm waiting alone, that's fine. But with the 2 kids, they are running up and down the clinic, so energetic and happy. An hour wait = 10 hours!!!

Glad that YX did not give me any problem when examined by the doctor. He could follow instructions and obediently stand at the side when it was baby's turn. Sigh! When doctor started to touch baby, she bawled out so loud until I could not hear what the doctor was saying. As a results, the doctor and I got to shout. LOL !

Sad to say, baby's condidtion did not improve after taking 2 weeks of Singular. Doctor said there are still lots of phlegm in her lung and advised for her to inhale some kind of gases (forgot the name) to reduce the phlegm. We were being instructed to go to another room where the nurse helped to put the mask on baby's face so she could inhale that gas. Again, baby cried and I got to hold both her tiny hands to force her lying still. At the mean time, glad that YX stand at the side again and did not give me any problem at all. Maybe he was also shocked to see baby in such a condition.

Went back to the doctor's room again and was told baby required an x-ray. Baby, again cried.

And this is the most challenging part of all. Since the pead. does not have any x-ray facilities, I will need to bring baby to the opposite clinic for the x-ray to be taken. In order to reach that clinic, we got to cross a very busy main cross - road. Even there are traffic lights, we got to be quick. So, one hand carrying baby, while another hand holding YX, we zoomed to the road across in a very fast pace before the cars started moving again. Phew! We made it!

At the x-ray room, baby again cried! That's the 4th time she cried and the 2nd time I got to force her lying still while holding her both hands. But, glad that YX did not give me problem. He was not allowed to enter the x-ray room and was told to wait for me outside. He did as what was told, sitting on the chair quietly. When the x-ray was done, I felt so proud to see him sitting alone there and felt like giving him a huge bear hug, but no time to do so. Still got to rush back to the pead for him to see the x-ray flim.

Again, another challenge to cross that busy road! This time, I had an extra things in my hand. With 1 hand carrying baby, and another holding YX, I got to hold the x-ray flim and ensure it is in a good condition (not crumpled) when reaching the pead. Phew! We did it again!

In the doctor's room, baby again cried for the 5th time. Doctor mentioned that baby's lung was covered with lots of phlegm and needs to be clear off before it gets more serious. This time, he prescribed baby with 1 week of antibiotic and some phlegm medications.

So far, I could see some improvement on baby. Hopefully by Tues (11/5/10), baby is fully recovered so she does not need to visit the doctor again.

Referring to the title, 1 + 2 = BACKACHE ! Maybe I stain too much in carrying a 10 kg toddler in one hand and holding another 15 kg preschooler in another hand. Not only that, I need to lug their 2-3 kg backpack consists of baby's milk, hot and cold water, 2 water bottles and extra diapers. Not easy to bring 2 kids out at the same time, ALONE !

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there and have a great weekends everyone!

39 comments:

  1. Wow.. that's why I am always very "Pei fu" all the mothers. They can do so many time at one time! talking about multi tasking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the great sacrifice of being a mum... to look after our young whom we brought to this world, loving them and doing our best of the best to give them what we can..
    Hope your baby has recovered fully by now! take care..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope both your kids get well soon. Not easy to wait so long with active kids...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope the kids will get well soon. Tabik ! for waiting for 1 hour and handling both kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah..how you manage 2 kids all by yourself huh. You are good lah. Hope both of them recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg.. u had ur hands full there. the gas baby inhale is the same that ashma patients inhale izit?

    Happy Mother's Day to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know u can do it! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you use any baby carrier? I will always bring a carrier with me when I go out with my two kids. I can put my 11kg baby in the carrier, and have two hands free to do other things. It's much easier and safer.

    Hopefully they get better soon... and Happy mother's day to you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. now, that's what i call. motherhood.
    Happy Mother's Day to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. mnhl, i SALUTE you! Happy Mother's Day too... enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *giggle*
    the event with the doctor was Drama!!!

    No better post than this one to say You are a Great Mommy!

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, my friend.
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  12. So kesian... Where's your hubby? Didn't help you? How to manage with two kids like that? Well, to make up for all that, hope he treats you nice and makes it a really Happy Mother's Day for you...and hope your kids are well now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, super woman!
    Happy mother's day to u:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phew!! Sounds like something from an action movie :D

    Hope 2 of them gets well really really soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a SUPERMUM, really. For me, 1+1 already = backache, high-blood pressure and maybe heart-attack, one fine day haha. Happy Mama's Day to you, HL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i really gotta salute you then!! strong arms and back you have huh.. maybe next time you might consider using your baby trolley??

    ReplyDelete
  17. First time Buaya Jess crawl over your blog. WIsh you had a great mama's day ^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wah really not easy for u wor. I went out alone with bb and toddler before. Worst thing is when want to go toilet. Cant take the bb go inside the toilet with me. :(

    Anyway, hope bb XJ recover soon. And Happy Belated Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. funkiegal ~ All the strenght just came naturally.

    reanaclaire ~ ya...a great sacrifies.

    Pete ~ Sigh! baby got improvement but YX still the same. ;(

    smallkucing ~ during the waiting time, I was feeling so irritated and tired. Really, an hour = 10 hours.

    Mummy Gwen ~ Haha...I was surprised too that I can handle them. But, please...no more 2nd time! haha

    Merryn ~ Oh yes....my hands were really full that day. haha...

    wenn ~ Thks...we all mothers can do it! haha

    Linda ~ Oh, I do not have any carrier. If I do, am sure the other day, I won't have that backache. haha

    coffeesncookies ~ Thks....same to you! You are a great mum too!

    Mummy-J ~ haha....we sama-sama salute each other. You are a great mum too!

    Angeline ~ haha...drama! I was feeling so frustrated when baby was crying but glad that I did not give up and we made it! haha

    suituapui ~ Hubby busy cari $$$$ la. He was unable to take time off / leave on that day, so I got to be a dad and mum on that day. haha...

    Kelvin ~ haha...super mama la!

    Lilhyppo's mum ~ haha...we are eligble to shoot a movie already.

    Chloe ~ LOL ! Hang on there!

    [SK] ~ hahaha....if strong than I will not get backache le. My baby does not want to sit in the trolley. So, if I were to use, it will be another burden for me.

    Jessyca ~ Hi Buaya Jess. Thks for crawling over. Will be visiting you soon....

    ReplyDelete
  20. cheeyee ~ Oh yes...luckily that day I don't need to visit the toilet. Otherwise, I won't know what to do! hahaha.....Happy Mother's day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow you not human anymore but super mom. Luckily on your way back after the X-ray you did not leave baby XJ behind haha. You been tagged left right center with all your precious. Hope she is fine now and have a speedy recovery very soon. A belated happy supermom's day. ~;) tQ.

    ReplyDelete
  22. *sigh* I have one oso feel very hard. I salute you!

    Happy mother's day. =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha...no need to pay for gym :) can use kids as weights and firm arm muscles. :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. One word :: Salute!!
    It's definitely not easy to bring 2 kids out alone, especially when they're not in healthy condition. Really hope both kids are fully recovered by now. Happy belated Mothers Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mei Teng ~ Thks for the greeting. Hope you do have an enjoyable day with your mother that weekends.

    Bananaz ~ Hahaha...yes yes...left right center all occupied. If only I got more hands like an octopus, sure can hold more things.

    cleffairy ~ Luckily it will only be that day only. Next time, I will definately plan to go out when hubby is around.

    Jiawen ~ Oh yes. That's a good excercise already!

    Serene ~ Definately not easy. But no more 2nd time. haha..... both kids are getting better. Thks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. mNhL, bravo to you. My children too very prone to cough and phlegm. They also needed to inhale the nebuliser to reduce the phlegm. Singulair sometimes may not work, when there is infection. Another round of antibiotics may be worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fuyoh....very sai lei! Really amazing what a mummy will do for the kids!

    Hope XJ gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. All the best to your kids and your backache! Ouch~!! I hate backache!!!>o<

    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sheoh Yan ~ I can see the antibiotic did help baby. Hopefully baby is fully recovered because occasionally, she still cough during midnight off and on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    Ann ~ haha...all mummies out there are the same. All very sai lei!

    Alice Law ~ Thks. My backache is only for that night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Going out with 2 kids is like going thru an obstacle course hor. :D Esp the part whr u've to cross the bz road. YX vy 'tai sek' for being so well-behaved when mummy's hands r so full. And hopefully bb XJ's condition has improved a lot.
    Happy Belated Mother's Day to u!

    ReplyDelete
  31. slavemom ~ It was really challenging. Luckily no mishap happens. Thks...baby are now fully recovered. But YX seems like still have some mild cough on and off.

    ReplyDelete
  32. COngratulations for succesfully and single-handedly bringing two young children out to the clinic without anyone's help. Even though it looks like some insignificant task, but when one really has to do it, it actually needs a lot of care and effort! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Alice Phua ~ Thank you! haha...I believe, we human beings can adjust to whatever situation easily when really needed. Luckily no mishap happen. But no more 2nd time. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  34. slavemom ~ It was really challenging. Luckily no mishap happens. Thks...baby are now fully recovered. But YX seems like still have some mild cough on and off.

    ReplyDelete
  35. mNhL, bravo to you. My children too very prone to cough and phlegm. They also needed to inhale the nebuliser to reduce the phlegm. Singulair sometimes may not work, when there is infection. Another round of antibiotics may be worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  36. funkiegal ~ All the strenght just came naturally.

    reanaclaire ~ ya...a great sacrifies.

    Pete ~ Sigh! baby got improvement but YX still the same. ;(

    smallkucing ~ during the waiting time, I was feeling so irritated and tired. Really, an hour = 10 hours.

    Mummy Gwen ~ Haha...I was surprised too that I can handle them. But, please...no more 2nd time! haha

    Merryn ~ Oh yes....my hands were really full that day. haha...

    wenn ~ Thks...we all mothers can do it! haha

    Linda ~ Oh, I do not have any carrier. If I do, am sure the other day, I won't have that backache. haha

    coffeesncookies ~ Thks....same to you! You are a great mum too!

    Mummy-J ~ haha....we sama-sama salute each other. You are a great mum too!

    Angeline ~ haha...drama! I was feeling so frustrated when baby was crying but glad that I did not give up and we made it! haha

    suituapui ~ Hubby busy cari $$$$ la. He was unable to take time off / leave on that day, so I got to be a dad and mum on that day. haha...

    Kelvin ~ haha...super mama la!

    Lilhyppo's mum ~ haha...we are eligble to shoot a movie already.

    Chloe ~ LOL ! Hang on there!

    [SK] ~ hahaha....if strong than I will not get backache le. My baby does not want to sit in the trolley. So, if I were to use, it will be another burden for me.

    Jessyca ~ Hi Buaya Jess. Thks for crawling over. Will be visiting you soon....

    ReplyDelete
  37. mnhl, i SALUTE you! Happy Mother's Day too... enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails