Friday, June 25, 2010

A relaxing Sunday

* This is a back dated post *

2 Sunday ago, I had a strong crave for sushi. Since hubby is not a fan of Japanese food, I decided to bring YX alone after I rocked Baby XJ to sleep. My plan was sucessful.

YX was very cooperative too. Bringing him out was such a breeze. We first headed to the book store to browse some books. Never did we knew, we actually bought back 5 books ! because they are having a 50% discount and a 3 for 2 ( buy 3 pay 2) promotions on selected items.


After spending about an hour in the bookstore, I can feel my stomach 'playing drum', so we proceed to the sushi outlet. I had a wonderful lunch. Really satisfied. YX did not enjoy sushi (must be inherited by his father) only ate the Inari (sweet beancurd skin), leaving the rice for me to eat. After 1 plate (2 sushi), YX requested for another plate of Inari. I insisted him to eat together with the rice, else I won't agree with the extra plate. He tried, but turned a sour face and said "Yucks, not nice." At the end, I gave in and have to eat an extra 4 sushi rice without topping. What a mother's sacrifies. haha
.

Inari (Sushi rice stuffed with sweet beancurd). YX's favourite - only the topping. (Googled for this image)



After lunch, I planned to window shop a while at the other outlets but changed my mind because of the timing. Just a visit to the bookshop + lunch, we had spent nearly 2 hour +. Which means, baby XJ might have woke up from her nap. True enough, once I reached home, I heard her sweet voice filled the house.

Even though it was a very short outing, I felt very satisfied. There will be more outing coming soon !

18 comments:

  1. cute story! yummi food! so nice that yx is cooperative to go out! thats soo good from children!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to have one to one time with only your elder son, and your son too will enjoy his privilage as the elder child. Good for you too can spend some time shopping with only bringing one child. I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality time spent between mommy & son! It sounds like YX behave so well that day & u can enjoyed every bit of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once in a while getting out by yourself or tagging a kid can be a very fruitful outing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so nice! I've yet to experience my first mother-daughter outing with C yet. Maybe because I don't drive (phobia in driving), I have no chance to do this :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. mother and son quality time.... nice!

    If I am given a choice, I would choose to eat the inari skin only... kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh mother and son outing. Nice. :) I like Sushi too. But my daughter also does not quite like to eat the sushi rice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HQ pulak only loves the kapi (sushi roll with cucumber) and the fish roe ones. Wah... so nice to have one to one time :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anya ~ yea...lucky he is cooperative

    Sheoh Yan ~ oh...he sure is enjoying his previlage to be the elder one. hehe....And i really enjoyed myself that day.

    Dora ~ Glad that he behave well. Else......

    wenn ~ sushi are real yummy....

    Mommy Ling ~ Really relaxing. I like it.

    Chloe ~ U should try to drive around your housing area to get used to it. Initially, I was afraid too. Once you are used to it, you will enjoy driving and thankful for that because u can go just anywhere without worries. Give it a try. ;D

    Linda ~ hahaha....so who will eat the rice?

    cheeyee ~ maybe the rice a bit sour? Next outing, no more sushi with him anymore. He makes me really full by eating that extra 4 rice.

    BoeyJoey ~ WOW!!! Your son knows how to eat the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha no one stand your taste ar?? Well go train your little girl so she can accompany you for sushi later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you can order sashimi as the topping for your rice

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha My girl used to eat oni the toppings too n leave the rice for me. But during our recent meal at Sushi King, she ate everything. Otherwise, I won't let her take from the conveyer belt anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. vickylow ~ haha...yes. Am gonna train my girl so she can accompany me to anywhere I go.

    SP ~ Oh...i actually did not think of that. I only eat those sushis from the Kaiten belt and did not even look at their menu. haha... sashimi are yummy !!

    slavemom ~ so there is still hope for me. Just got to train YX longer ya. haha....

    ReplyDelete
  14. vickylow ~ haha...yes. Am gonna train my girl so she can accompany me to anywhere I go.

    SP ~ Oh...i actually did not think of that. I only eat those sushis from the Kaiten belt and did not even look at their menu. haha... sashimi are yummy !!

    slavemom ~ so there is still hope for me. Just got to train YX longer ya. haha....

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha no one stand your taste ar?? Well go train your little girl so she can accompany you for sushi later.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh mother and son outing. Nice. :) I like Sushi too. But my daughter also does not quite like to eat the sushi rice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so nice! I've yet to experience my first mother-daughter outing with C yet. Maybe because I don't drive (phobia in driving), I have no chance to do this :(

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails