Friday, August 20, 2010

Eating healthy

Never did I imagine I will be eating brown rice for health sake. No, I'm not ill in anyway but just wanted to start a healthy living. :D

Many said that brown rice have more benefits comparing to the normal white rice. The taste is quite acceptable but I find it a little bit too hard. Hubby thinks they are quite hard to stomach and requested me to mix with some white rice. The ratio - brown rice 70% : white rice 30% .


100% pure brown rice. Before cooking, I soaked for at least 30 minutes so they are easier to cook. After soaking, I transfer everything into the rice cooker and cook just like normal rice.


This is brown + white rice. Hubby said this is better. For me, both are fine.

Since I'm now cooking our own rice in the office's pantry, MIL suggested us to pack the leftover dishes from the previous night dinner for our next day lunch. We have no problem with that at all. In fact, this whole week (Mon till now), we have been eating home-cooked food.


The other night, MIL cooked braised pork + beancurd sheets + black fungus. She purposely cooked extra for us to bring to the office. Wow....our favorites !!! Delicious !!! In between, there are other dishes. Normally, it will be 1 meat, 1 or 2 types of vege.

p/s: SP, eventually now I packed my lunch from home just like Mummy-J. hehehe....just like what you said the other day.

27 comments:

  1. Yum! Your MIL's cooking looks good... Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...yummy..
    I love to eat this dishes and I cook it sometimes.
    It is good to eat home cooked meal.
    I cook for my husband's lunch everyday. Eating outside food is not good for health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea lucky you! Your MIL is so nice to you!! :)
    Brown rice is good, but I seldom eat.. not a 'trend' in my in laws place...

    ReplyDelete
  4. woi...send some over...hahahah i want the pork too.. Dont know how to cook that and outside punya not nice. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brown rice is healthy and good for body slimming also. Just that my husband doesn't like it. So, I never cook brown rice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to buy some brown rice also...

    You and your hub work together ya? It is good to have home cooked food for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wah....... homecook food for lunch + brown rice.. we have so much in common ar..eh i like the braised pork ler, miss tat taste, nex week wan to cook liao

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find that brown rice is drier..even though i put the same amount of water

    ReplyDelete
  9. We ate brown + white rice for a period of time. But after awhile, stopped edi coz hubby prefers white fragrant rice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cook brown rice too but after eating it long-term, will crave for white rice so I usually alternate them. Finish a bag of 5kg brown rice, will buy white rice next round.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we have been eating brown rice at home since many years ago, i guess it's the same ratio as yours.. hey, that braised pork + beancurd sheets + black fungus very nice leh, my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to eat vegetables with brown rice, so healthy at tat time. But visit the toilet more cos of better constitution XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love brown rice.. they add color to the otherwise boring white rice :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. you & mummy-j really rajin... i've only seen in my office, 1 indian guy always bring indian food from home to eat.

    then the cleaning lady and 2 admin ladies share to cook porridge or soup everyday using slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  15. my office pantry cannot be used to cook unfortunately otherwise can save a lot eating here.. i can do only oats at the pantry..
    the beancurd etc looks so nice.. wonder whether we can cook as well as our mums!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good that you start to eat healthy. Normally I buy 5kg white rice & 5 kg brown rice then mix together, so my ratio is 1:1 haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been eating brown rice for many years. I mix with some white rice (not the fragrant rice) too so that it is softer and easier for the kids to eat. And you so lucky can have home-cooked meal for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wor...the dish cooked by ur mom looks great..gosh..i m drooling for beancurd sheets

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmmm...yummy and very healthy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My mum also love to cook brown rice mix with white rice, she said is more healthy. But my in law side, said want to eat healthy, but i think we cook brown rice sure no one want to touch the rice. :(

    I also always pack home cook food to work, sometime so sick of the food at the food court at our office building, maybe once or twice a week will eat at the food court.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My husband doesn't like brown rice.
    I started eating it several mths ago and I found it taste not bad and I like the texture alot.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My husband doesn't like brown rice.
    I started eating it several mths ago and I found it taste not bad and I like the texture alot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wor...the dish cooked by ur mom looks great..gosh..i m drooling for beancurd sheets

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been eating brown rice for many years. I mix with some white rice (not the fragrant rice) too so that it is softer and easier for the kids to eat. And you so lucky can have home-cooked meal for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love brown rice.. they add color to the otherwise boring white rice :D

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails