Monday, August 16, 2010

Homemade ice cream cake

When I read about this homemade ice-cream cake from My Little Sprouts!, I was so happy because I just can't believe that there is such a simple recipe exist in this world ~

The original recipe is from My Little Space and I quickly 'fly' over to her blog to get more information. I was even happier when I came to know that the ingredient required and methods to make this cake are quite simple. Well, at least I understand them! haha

I amended the ingredient a little bit. Instead of the original Tiger biscuits, I used Digestive because I happen to have this biscuits in my drawer. And Digestive biscuits really make a good base ! And instead of butter, I used margarine.


For the ice-cream, I used this. Don't go WOW yet. I have this too in my freezer and hence, I used it to make my 1st trial cake. This is also my 1st time buying such an expensive ice-cream because a few months back, the Hypermarket had a promotion for this brand. RM50 for 2 pints. A tad too sweet for me. Still prefer the cheaper type actually.


I melted the ice-cream and beat till creamy ~ errr.....not too sure how does 'creamy' looks like so I just beat till a lot of bubble appeared. I stopped because my hand are tired. ^_^ and I thought, hmmm....should be done.


I poured the melted, beaten ice-cream into this Tupperware and freeze it. For the top, I used Vanilla flavor (the other pint of ice-cream I had in the freezer).


The next day...........taadaa...........my ice-cream cake is done! Look at the faint black line on top of the biscuits based. That's the cookies n' cream sinked at the bottom and they make a nice outline.

The taste ? YUMMY ! It just bring out a very special taste when eating the ice-cream with the cookies based. Most importantly, hubby said it was nice ! ^_^

I did not add any fruits in between because this was only for trial. I bet with some fruits like kiwi / mango / grapes will make it taste unique.

Next, am going to make this cake again for YX & XJ's birthday (sharing) since both B'day falls on the same month with 5 days apart. Just a plan only. Let's see if I got the confidence to get this done or not !

While exchanging some e-mails with Mummy-J, I was even thrilled when she gave me some great ideas. She suggested to top the ice-cream with jelly. Or the jelly cubes can also be added in between of the ice-cream. For the pan, she suggested to buy those small & round disposable aluminium casing and I can turn my ice-cream cake into cupcakes-style ! I can't wait to go for shopping now !

Note : For the recipe, please visit My Little Space.

35 comments:

  1. What does it look like once out of the container...and upon cutting? I think some of the bakeries here do make icecream cakes but I've never tried...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like the same way to do cheesecake.. maybe you can also add some raisins into the biscuits?? or even make layers upon layers of biscuits and ice cream?? hehe.. i like the idea of making into small cupcakes, easier to eat..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fast! I read about the making in Little Sprout, too and plan to give it a try. But haven't got the time yet :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Try...I want to try too..Can i just spread the melted ice cream on the base without beat till creamy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah...good idea indeed !!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Haagen Dazs is already yummy! And plus your time and effort spent, I'm sure your family love it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmmmm buy cheaper and faster..but no satisfaction hor..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah...that was super easy to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the sharing....it makes me think of my mum's ice cream when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still wanna WOW you for using HD ice cream hehe. This recipe looks really simple. I saw the one that Alice did too. One day must try it... (I have HD in my freezer too but "mm seh tak" use... wait till I buy a cheaper one haha)

    ReplyDelete
  11. H there, what a nice try! You made it without the fillings! hehe... I suggested marshmellow cause it's the most perfect combo. So, what do you think without the fillings? Enjoy & have a ncie day.
    Cheers, kristy
    p/s thanks for trying out the recipe! Hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, this is defenitely a good attempt. I sure try it one day. Btw i also like the other recipe of ice-cream with swiss roll cake by My Little Space.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooo nice, but expensive ice cream wor.
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, really that easy?? Let me hop over to My Little Space to check out the recipe again. :)

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooo this is cool!
    But yalah, expensive ice cream one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. wah..used HD to do a trial ah.. very sweet and smooth is our HD... i went over to Kristy's blog..i have to read a few times..i get it already.. but to do it or not is another issue.. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  18. errrr...bring some for mr this Sunday let ..yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  19. alamax.. u did not show the end product.. but this is enuf to temp me ler.. i wanna try! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOWWWW... HD ice cream, wowwww... It should be really tasty! I hope your kids would enjoy it, I have just posted another 'baking free' cake recipe, you can hop by if you were free!^-^

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Nice! Thanks for sharing. Will try to make one for my boy's birthday in October. He loves ice-cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, congrats on your first successful attempt! As for me, I have no interest to make cakes or cookies(never attempted making also), but I'm interested in cooking those lauk-pauk type of dishes. As for the Haagen-Daaz offer (2 tubs for RM50), I remember seeing the offer in Tesco before, am I right? But I didn't buy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always feel that HD ice-cream in hypermarts r not vy 'fresh'. Weird feeling huh. Prefer to buy from the store whr they scoop it out on the spot.
    After seeing u and Alice made it so easily, I'd love to try this too. But must wait till my kids r vy fit to take ice-cream 1st. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my...sure look yummy. you have me drooling now. i think i'll give this a try very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didn't know making ice-cream cake is this easy :-). Thanks for sharing... will try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I didn't know making ice-cream cake is this easy :-). Thanks for sharing... will try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Nice! Thanks for sharing. Will try to make one for my boy's birthday in October. He loves ice-cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. errrr...bring some for mr this Sunday let ..yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the sharing....it makes me think of my mum's ice cream when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  31. want to ask u, did this cake stays in good shape when u pour it out?
     

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes....in a good shape. The base must have enough butter and being
    pressed compact so they stayed together. Very easy to pour out too.
    I;m using the plastic tupperware. It is better you go to the original
    website for more advise :)

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails