Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Visiting old classmates

Baby XJ and Baby - G

Last Sunday, we went up to KL for a day trip to visit my ex-classmates. Both were staying in Puchong. The last time we met was during August 2010 for Baby-G's 1st Birthday party. I've blog about it over here.

This time, we managed to chat quite a lot comparing to the last time we met. Before the trip, I've discussed with hubby about the kids (who should follow who) and YX actually made the decisions for us. He said "Boy follow boy while girl follow girl". Hubby initially suggested that he will bring both kids but I was worried he might not be able to look after both, so I'd decided to bring either one. As per YX's suggestion, hubby took care of him while I took Baby-XJ to my friend's house.

Baby XJ inside the 'jail' where Baby-G used to stay inside when her mummy is busy. 
Baby XJ was fine when we were at Baby-G's house. Initially, she was very 'paiseh' and does not allow anyone to touch her. After she warmed up, she walked around the house and play with Baby-G.

But when we were in the car from Baby-G's house to another friend's house who had just given birth to her 2nd child, Baby XJ cried while mumbling "PAPA". I was unsure what happened but I guess, she was afraid of unfamiliar faces and surrounding. Her voice was so loud and I was trying real hard to calm her down. I hugged her so tightly and kept on saying positive words like "Mummy love you", "Mummy sayang" and etc. Finally, she quieted down and once we arrived at the newborn baby's house, Baby XJ cried again!

I quickly carry her to the cabinet where my friend kept all her children's soft toys and showed her while exclaiming "Wah, teddy bear, dog, doll" to distract her attentions. Then, my friend's father even took out a toy for Baby XJ's to play. With the toy in hand, baby managed to stay calm a little. Baby-G's mother even suggested me to try an old remedy which her mum tried on her before when she was still a child. Her mother went to the backstage to ask for some white rice eaten by those Chinese Opera. It was believe that by eating the rice of those performers, it will make a baby braver.

We were supposed to eat the Puchong famous 'yong tau fu' at Batu 14 which was planned earlier by Baby-G's mother, but looking at Baby XJ's bad mood, I decided not to eat with them. After visiting the newborn baby, I requested to meet up with hubby.

Once baby XJ saw hubby, she was all smiles again. She even talked non-stop.

Mummy-J, sorry for the spoilt plan. Hope we can meet up again soon and eat that famous 'yong tau fu'. I've yet to tell my MIL regarding the Chinese Opera remedy. I guess, will have to wait till 7th month (Ghost Month) than only have such performance !

22 comments:

  1. ya, easier to handle that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haiya, now i know, ur daughter miss her daddy....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is having stranger anxiety. She will be alright after some times. It is quite normal for a baby in her age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mommy, hoping to say hi. I love reading other mommies blog. =) Poor baby XJ, afraid of new places n faces. Hope she becomes braver n braver as she grows.

    Btw, added ur site to my blogroll too. Nice to meet you mommy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to meet up with ex classmates.. i m going to meet a few of them next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I have yet heard of that remedy too, sounds interesting! Don't worry, " Yat Chi Sang, Leong Chi Suk" the more she approaches stranger, the sooner she will get used to it! ;)

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get her to mix more fren. I hope this will help. Nice too u have to meet up ur old classmate

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is great meet up with some old mates..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet up with old friends! I also have not heard of that remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She miss her daddy so much.
    Nice meet up with friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never heard of the Chinese Opera remedy yet. But no harm trying =)

    I wonder what would happened, if YX follows you and Baby XJ attachs to papa?

    ReplyDelete
  12. erm..dunno about that remedy but agree with angeline. should bring her out more often and let her play with more kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kids r vy unpredictable. One min they're in a good mood, the next min, they r crying non-stop. I guess in bb XJ's case, she missed her papa or she's not used to being in someone else's car.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  15. HeLLo MNHL,

    I thought kids tend to get along with others faster but then, sometimes they are unpredictable, just like what slavemom said.

    Probably it just happened that she missed her dad so much as her mood became better when she saw her dad or probably she did not like the idea of going to your friend's house and that was how she showed her rebellion. Anyway, only your child can provide the exact answer. Hehe.

    I do hope you will meet your friend again. It's a pity that you guys couldn't go out for a meal that day.

    Okey then, have a nice day and take care yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  16. so cute to see the 2 girls in same photo!

    both have round eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Baby XJ missed her papa so much. She's clearly a daddy's girl :) Luckily you still managed to catch up with your friend before the tantrum started.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor girl...imprisoned! My daughter could not be kept in a crib like that - she would weave her leg in and out of the rails and once, it got stuck and I had to saw the rail to get her leg out. Thank goodness hers was a wooden one - able to saw!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She misses daddy !!! Awww...so sweet.

    Next time girl follow daddy and boy follow mummy then sure can eat yong tau fu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think as XJ is growing up, she will be more brave. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails