Friday, January 21, 2011

Here comes TROUBLE

My boy have a pair of 'itchy' hands. What should I do ? 

Everytime when we went back home after work, we will sure hear a lot of complaints from MIL. She will be telling us "Your son bla bla bla......Your son like this, like that....." without fail. We really do not know what to do with him. He loves to JUMP, RUN, and have all the energy for the whole day, NON-STOP. 

We had already subscribed for the Playhouse Disney channel @ Astro recently, just for him but he is very selective when comes to cartoon. NOT ALL CARTOONS he will watch except for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Tom & Jerry and Mr. Bean.

The other day while watching tv, he saw an advertisement on instant noodle. Quickly, he ran to the cabinet (he seems to know where we kept the things) and ransacked 2 packets of noodles. One for himself and one for XJ. MIL was busy with her things and did not noticed on their hanky-panky. By the time she realized, both kids had already OPENed up the packets and munching on the UNCOOKED noodles. Thus, that 2 packets became our next day breakfast. 

Myojo mee poh goreng.
The uncooked noodles are so tasteless. Wonder how the kids swallowed them. 
If that's not bad enough......let me share with you another story.

I bought this multivitamins for the kids. Normally, I will only give them 1 each, daily. The supplements are kept on the cabinet (all along on the same spot for months) and not easily reachable for both kids. That day, the devil in YX must have given him some really cool idea. He took a stool, climbed up and help himself to the bottle of multivitamins without MIL's knowledge. As a good brother, he shared the multivitamins with XJ. By the time MIL saw, it was already too late as both YX and XJ were enjoying away.

The kids treated this as their CANDIES........

When MIL told us about this matter, I was really worried of the overdosaged. I poured out and counted. To my horror, 8 tablets were missing. Minus 2 (daily dosage for each kid), which means both kids ate an extra of 6 tablets ( in total ) of multivitamins that day !!!!! I'm sure YX ate more than XJ. However, MIL did mentioned that both kids drank PLENTY of water.

Only half a day at home, YX can already create so much of trouble. I won't dare to think what will happen if he does not attend school and at home all day !

Does your child at such age so energetic and hyperactive as well ? Or do you have any stories of super hyperactive kids to share with me here ?

Is it ok to be hyperactive ? I'm blessed that XJ is not like her brother (maybe not yet ? ) Maybe girls are more obedient?

25 comments:

  1. I really understand what you meant by the trouble of only half day at home, and the concern of what if it is full day. My girls are just taken care of my PIL since the school started this year. Just like you mentioned, only a few hours there, April has stepped up on top of the glass coffee table and broken the glass. Thank goodness, her legs didn't get cut by the pieces of glasses. Otherwise, I cannot imagine what will be the consequences. Kids being kids, they are cheeky, especially when the parents are not around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe boys are more active? for bb-g, u saw the playpen in my house rite, so when she is "giet" tat time, she will climb up by "kiap" her toes at those palang and slowly pull herself up. like tat consider active ar? eh maybe u shud keep some Mammee at home, at least he won't take ur instant noodels n munch....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys being boys.... ;)
    Hope your kid will behave better when he grows up ^^
    Take care there~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah! Guess the multivitamin taste too yummy to resist......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neah, I won't say YX is hyperactive, but he is indeed an energetic and full of inquisitive boy(which are the characteristic of intelligent)!

    LOL, my girl had walloped half a bottle of spirulina(I placed on my piano) when she was barely 2, and got diarrhea for 1 whole day(detoxifying), muahahaha!

    Your child is gifted, try to deviate his energy to something more meaningful (that interest him), I bet he will shone in his near future!;D

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fully agree with Alice Law. XY not kira as hyper active la. Boys will be boy. You will worry if he just sits there and do nothing.

    On the bright side, when he took the instant noodle, he took two instead of one to be share with the sister. Siblings love. Hard to get.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YX is just active, not hyperactive. I have one at home too. And luckily they are just eating something uncooked, not something not edible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are just curious cute little kids lah. We don't feel it becoz we are mothers taking care of our own child, ur MIL on the other hand, found them to be overwhelming.. sometimes we just have to live with those 'complains' as we can't do much as we are not the one who took care of them during that time kan?

    i can imagine if i hand ethan over to my MIL my ear will sure burn!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry i can't help laughing at the instant noodle part. he probably thinks they are Mamee :) Anyway, an active and curious boy is better than a non-active one huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is healthy = you are blessed! ;)
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remembered i also stole the vitamins C and ate don't know how many when I was small... definitely more than 6... LOL..

    Since I disabled the playhouse disney channel, my girl is now sticking to TVIQ on channel 610, i think it's more educational, even i like to watch it. She didn't seems to like the XTY tough...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you have got to constantly tell him that why we can't take multivitamin or medicines as and when we like to and the consequences of overdosing. But kids being kids, I can fully understand you as I have one I once suspected of hyperactive too at a time.. Guess a lot of nagging and constant reminders needed from mothers who have active sons like us, huh.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Children bah... Make sure you put prescribed medicine in a safe place and everything else that may be dangerous - knives, scissors (They love cutting one another's hair) and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw from tv drama, a mother gave her son low sugar or carbo breakfast so that the son won't be hyper. But not sure good or not la.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The noodles would make a great midnight snack :)

    I was quite a naughty child when I was young. When told not to do something, I would naturally rebel then ;) That was the old me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha, eating the uncooked noodles just like that?? not tasty at all.. hmmmm, hyperactive could be just temporary, i think you may need to monitor him for a period before judgement?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can only have a wild guess YX should be considered normal thought kids are supposed to be active? The only time kids are not active that worries you more ie they are sick. Uncooked mee can be eaten on its own right no need to cook one? Kids love them coz they are crunchy. About the vitamins try get those childproof bottles with safety caps features where you need to push in the cap to open.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can understand how you feel having a hyperactive boy at home...sometimes Ryan also quite active at home,but then I am very strict and always try to spend more time with him while we are at home,so at least his active behaviour still controllable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your boy is normal lah. So far I haven't seen any boys who sit down quietly. I think he is smart lor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. First, tat meeojo instant noodle is my fav. Secondly, we both bought the same multivitamins for our kids at home. About ur boy, is normal and my son always like tat, but he'll never eaten the instant noodle raw,instead ask permission from to cook for him! Till now,I also having some difficulties to control my son NON STOP behavior. Really no energy wif him sometimes. Ended, i sit down and talk to him nicely. Bla bla bla.... Once a while he caught my words. But the next day, forgot what I've told him. Kids leh... Sigh! My mom always say, if a boy always sit down quietly, than I'm in a big worry! mNhL, these few days my son always copy ultraman & Kamen Rider patterns in the car, in the house, at kidney and every where he goes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. btw, inspired by your myojo mee poh goreng photo, i just cooked 1 pack for my lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  22. First, tat meeojo instant noodle is my fav. Secondly, we both bought the same multivitamins for our kids at home. About ur boy, is normal and my son always like tat, but he'll never eaten the instant noodle raw,instead ask permission from to cook for him! Till now,I also having some difficulties to control my son NON STOP behavior. Really no energy wif him sometimes. Ended, i sit down and talk to him nicely. Bla bla bla.... Once a while he caught my words. But the next day, forgot what I've told him. Kids leh... Sigh! My mom always say, if a boy always sit down quietly, than I'm in a big worry! mNhL, these few days my son always copy ultraman & Kamen Rider patterns in the car, in the house, at kidney and every where he goes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can only have a wild guess YX should be considered normal thought kids are supposed to be active? The only time kids are not active that worries you more ie they are sick. Uncooked mee can be eaten on its own right no need to cook one? Kids love them coz they are crunchy. About the vitamins try get those childproof bottles with safety caps features where you need to push in the cap to open.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Neah, I won't say YX is hyperactive, but he is indeed an energetic and full of inquisitive boy(which are the characteristic of intelligent)!

    LOL, my girl had walloped half a bottle of spirulina(I placed on my piano) when she was barely 2, and got diarrhea for 1 whole day(detoxifying), muahahaha!

    Your child is gifted, try to deviate his energy to something more meaningful (that interest him), I bet he will shone in his near future!;D

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Boys being boys.... ;)
    Hope your kid will behave better when he grows up ^^
    Take care there~

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails