Tuesday, January 11, 2011

YX's FIRST homework

* Today is a special day with the date 11.1.11. Therefore, I've scheduled this post to be posted at the time of 11.11 am. * 


When I first enrolled YX into kindie, the principal already told me : 

1st year (3 & 4 years old) ~ PLAY more than STUDY
2nd year (5 years old) ~ PLAY & STUDY are balanced. Will have homework to bring home. 
Final year (6 years old) ~ STUDY more than PLAY. Will have to prepare them for primary school. 

YX is now in his 2nd year in the kindie. Since school started on the 3rd Jan, I had been anticipating for him to bring back some homework but did not see anything. I was too excited and asked him everyday if he did received any books, but he said NO. 

Finally, on 7th Jan he brought back his 1st homework. Glad that MIL ensured that he finished up his homework before he can watch his cartoon. Glad that he finished up his homework before we came back from work. Glad that he did as what was told and did his homework obediently. 

Simple writing - A & B in upper & lower cases. 

Some Chinese writing - tracing dotted lines. 
He was too eager to do his homework until he did 2 extra pages from what was supposed to do. By the time MIL saw, he had already finished writing.

His homeworks are simple but it is a good beginning.

21 comments:

  1. Good that your MIL can coach YX on his homework and the most important of all is he listens to her. A good start indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...same thinking here...also published 11.11am LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow~ I didn't realize about the date and time until you mentioned here. Glad that YX is coping well with his homework and be a little obedient boy :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know he is so eager to do his homework. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good start...Everynite I will ask Ryan to do some simple writing too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he can write very well wor. My girl hate writing Chinese words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is such a good boy. Bravo YX! Gwen doesn't like doing homework. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. YX is really, really good! His handwriting is so nice. Chloe still doesn't bring back homework and I've been giving her writing homework at home. I'm going to blog about it soon... can vomit blood if you take a look at it haha! She just can't sit down and focus at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. ehheheeh he very obedient boy.
    my son school still no homework yet..ehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nowadays standard are different children write at such young age compared to those days no kindie started Std 1 immediately. YX loves homework. Many years ago when sent daughter to kindie at age 2+ all my friends shook their heads. Its more of a play school than rather studying better than sitting at home running around aimlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wah very good boy, no complain and finish all homework. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good boy. My daughter, when in kindy, went to hide under the table and refused to come out - refused to learn Chinese. Only came out when we promised that we would not send her to a Chinese primary school. Eventually she did o.k. in Chinese kindy...but would not relent when the time came. We had to keep our promise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! Thanks for sharing. My son just enrolled to Kindy 1. I guess play and study will be balanced. So far, I have not seen him bringing his homework home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. People need a balanced lifestyle of work and play :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm getting excited too, wonder when will my girl bring back her homework, now she has just started her mandarin lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's great that YX's enthusiastic abt h/work. His writing is vy neat n nice. My boy oso started having h/work this yr.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lucky you ur MIL helped u to supervise YX to finish his homework, good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm getting excited too, wonder when will my girl bring back her homework, now she has just started her mandarin lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ehheheeh he very obedient boy.
    my son school still no homework yet..ehehhe

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails