Monday, March 28, 2011

'Decorations' again !

* I've updated  'My Arts, My Inspirations'. Please feel free to hop over. Thank you *


Left : Recent works by YX,
Right : Few months ago done by both YX and XJ 

Punishment ! 
A closer look at what YX drew ! 

Few days ago when we were back home after work, we were shocked to see the wall with some extra 'decorations', AGAIN !

The 1st time was over here. 

The 2nd time, I did not blog about it. The kids did it again a few months back (ushering the Rabbit Year). They used color pencils and ball pen. Hubby and I did not managed to clear off the mess and we decided to leave it this way. We planned to buy a can of paint to repaint that piece of wall one of the day. Of course we did reprimanded the kids. No cane was being used.

Never did we imagined that, the wall was being 'decorated' again for the 3rd TIME ! And this time, YX was the only person who did it. He was supposed to do his homework but he 'conteng' the wall instead with his pencil.

Hubby took out the cane but I stopped him. To think back, my brother and I used to draw on the wall too when we were small. And 9 out of 10 kids I've known, drew on the wall. If majority of kids did that, YX is no different. He is just a NORMAL & CURIOUS child. I don't think he should be caned. But of course we did tell him that it is WRONG to draw on the wall.

When YX saw the cane on hubby's hand, he was very scared and started to cry.

I explained to YX that it was WRONG to draw on the wall because wall is meant to be clean to make the house look beautiful. Drawing on the wall = dirtied the wall. I did asked him some common sense questions and he did answered me correctly.

I reminded YX that he should draw on a piece of PAPER instead of on the wall.

I made YX apologized to hubby for his mistake and say "I promise NOT TO DRAW ON THE WALL again in the future".

Glad that hubby's 'fire' doused off once he heard YX's trembling voice. We made him rub away the mess with an eraser but it was quite hard to clean it off totally. What's important is I wanted him to FEEL the difficulty in cleaning the wall. His hands were very tired rubbing. And he was all sweaty once his 'job' was done.

We had decided to repaint that piece of wall, soon. Or maybe we should wait till they grew up first ?

37 comments:

  1. I am trying very hard to hold on caning as well, but still some time fail to do so. Must really have lots of patience in educating kids nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, we also have lots of those "paintings" on the wall too.. thanks to my nephews, but i guess they stopped doing that because we gave them proper color pencil and drawing book~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have "explode" if I found my kids drew on wall. A BIG no-no for me. So far, no painting on my wall after I reprimanded her once, when she was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YX also have proper drawing papers but he did not use them that day. Must be his uncontrollable itchy hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thks Wenn. I smiled when I saw this comment. So comforting. But it will still be a NO-NO to draw on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby gonna explode that day! haha........thks god he was fine after YX apologised. But hubby said, no more next time. Sure will use cane already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suggest your paint your wall with stained free paint or just pacth it with mahjong paper, you won't kill your boy's interesting at the mean time you can easily clean up the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes..Yan. Sometimes, I really cannot tahan also. I'm now learning NOT to cane them for small matters......hope I can have the patience to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thks Alice.... I suggested to hubby too on that mahjong paper thing but hubby does not like the idea. We just got to hope that YX does not conteng the wall anymore......hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used the cane. n it never happened again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, I think just repaint the wall... Hope that your boy really learnt his lesson this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha.. i like the drawing :P I like to draw on the wall too! I plan to leave a blank wall in my new place for my kids to draw on it when they feel like doing so. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chloe did the same thing when she was about 2. I can't remember whether I caned her or not but after a stern warning, she never did it again. Maybe it's also becos she's not the artistic type who likes drawing so much like YX ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess a potential artist will loves to deliver the skills anywhere whenever the idea/inspirations just strike in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pengsan...I think wait for the kids to grow up more before re-painting the wall.

    Have you tried water + soap to wipe the wall? I find that it work faster than using an eraser. But the down side of it is that that particular patch of wall would be "cleaner" than the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear!!! Now I having nightmare of my little boy who is going to be 2 years old in 5 months time. He loves playing with pens and now "conteng" my bedsheet. So far, no wall painting yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Buy a blackboard or a white board and ask him to draw there. Many children do that and they will outgrow it in time, never mind. Just leave the wall like that till then... Children, the more you tell them not to do it, the more they will want to do so. Caning also no use...

    ReplyDelete
  18. No...did not try the water + soap ....... Will just wait for the right time to repaint that piece of wall.

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha....if only he uses the correct instruments to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are such a cool mummy ! Actually I do have that idea too. haha..... but hubby did not agree with me. Moreover, we are staying at PIL's house.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ya....just waiting for the correct time to repaint the wall......

    ReplyDelete
  22. my boy no longer afraid of cane. He has an elephant skin ! very thick!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Buy a blackboard or a white board and ask him to draw there. Many children do that and they will outgrow it in time, never mind. Just leave the wall like that till then... Children, the more you tell them not to do it, the more they will want to do so. Caning also no use...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for your comforting word......and I can't agree more with the canning part. I'm now trying to reduce canning and hope I do have the patience to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wah....adding design onto your bedsheet!!! haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  26. i let my girl draw on the wall, but only at her room, one part of wall only...
    i keep telling her that is the only place she can draw whenever she wants to draw on the wall..funny, but it works :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. haha my girl did it few times, I keep reprimand, punish and ask her to clean the "masterpiece" herself. She is over on this phase leow.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great that your girl had passed that phase....mine still going on.... wonder when will be the next?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!! Another cool mum ! How I wish I could do that too......but hubby is against such ideas! Moreover, we are staying with PIL.....

    ReplyDelete
  30. wahhh..what lovely decorations.. hahaha.. natural painting!

    ReplyDelete
  31. haha........I will sent my son over to your house ..... let him beautify your house, want ar?

    ReplyDelete
  32. My gal drew once, so the dad really canned her.After that, she never dare to do it again, but she still love to sribble here n there..sometimes on her own desk...so we just ommitted it. If draw on wall or sofa, definetely a big no...ahahahha.

    ReplyDelete
  33. My gal drew once, so the dad really canned her.After that, she never dare to do it again, but she still love to sribble here n there..sometimes on her own desk...so we just ommitted it. If draw on wall or sofa, definetely a big no...ahahahha.

    ReplyDelete
  34. i let my girl draw on the wall, but only at her room, one part of wall only...
    i keep telling her that is the only place she can draw whenever she wants to draw on the wall..funny, but it works :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hubby too said if YX gonna draw the wall again, he will sure cane him !

    ReplyDelete
  36. On the wall ?? if i ... i get FIRE edi .... O.o
    But kids is like that sometime .....
    My boys know i m very 'sayang' my wall .... hahhaha , they dun dare to simple draw .... kekeke

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails