Thursday, March 24, 2011

Homemade 'cacat' pancakes

After reading about a pancake post in STP's blog, I quickly took down the recipe and hopping I could make it for YX one day. YX is a big fans of pancakes. Me too ! I've tried the pancake mix (box type) and they tasted HORRIBLE !

One fine day, I happen to have all the required ingredient available and asked YX if he would love to have some pancakes? He was delighted and gave me a loud YES ! 

But before we head to the kitchen, I told him IF my pancakes did not turn out good, (because it is my first time making them) then he will have to eat bread instead for breakfast ! hahaha...... 

And my pancakes turned out to be a little bit 'cacat'. I don't know how to flip the pancakes and I poured too little mixture into the pan. Hence, my pancakes turned out to be out of shape and too thin ! 

Not properly shaped pancakes. YX asked me why is my pancakes not round ? 

Very thinly fried pancake but luckily not burnt ! 
But, don't judge a book by it's cover !

The pancakes were delicious ! Thanks to STP for the recipe. You can get the recipe over here. 

YX loves them ! 

He walloped 3 slices and asked for more ! 
I will be going to do it again this coming weekends since I still have those ingredients in the fridge. 

30 comments:

  1. To me, it doesn't matter the look, as long as it taste good, haha. Nvm, practice makes perfect ma...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's about trial & error, I'm sure it'll be better next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, the looks is not so important lah, if it taste good then it's considered good already lor.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as it tasted good, the look can just ignored it..

    Maybe next round, will be a perfect one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if 1x tak jadi, try and try again :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, not bad actually! Most important is the taste, yummy! So happy to see your boy enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, not bad mar..i also wanna try some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't judge a book by its cover - Your pancake must be delicious because YX had 3 pieces and requested for the 4th! How about XJ? Did she try it out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks ok to me actually, I like pancakes, my kids too love pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good try for a first timer! At least it turned out delicious even if it doesn't look nice. With more practices, then in no time you will be a pancake pro already! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm...sure look delicious. healthy food made with love :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehehehehe!!! Nice eh? My missus made some again last weekend...and guess who ate most of it. Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cacat never mind. So long as it's tasty, that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yaya...should practice more.......

    ReplyDelete
  15. hopefully! will practice more....

    ReplyDelete
  16. luckily I did not fried till 'chao tar' (burnt). haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think need to practice a few more times la.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. as long as got people eat hor....haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm very happy too when I saw him enjoying. Could it be he is too hungry? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  20. go go and get the recipe and try. The texture very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I fried in the office......during Sat. Normally, Sat YX will follow me to the office. XJ at home......

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pancakes are very nice ya......

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha.....hopefully in times to come, no need to refer to the recipe also know how to make pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  24. yes...a lot of love and effort....haha.......

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha....you ate the most la! I can guaranteed it. Luckily to get a wife can cook ya.

    ReplyDelete
  26. u can try it too.....

    ReplyDelete
  27. haha.......luckily did not ended up in the bin !

    ReplyDelete
  28. we just had pancakes for breakfast, yummy

    ReplyDelete
  29. just saw the recipe. am surely gonna try this out by this week. a bit feel bad that i have not been putting effort into my kids nowadays, sigh :(

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails