Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mr Lucky & Mr Disappointed

During the day trip to PD on last Sunday, we met Mr Lucky & Mr Disappointed.

MR. LUCKY
That day was a very hot day. I had to bring my kids' water bottles along so they can have water to drink to keep them hydrated. With their water bottles to carry, I decided to put everything into a recycle bag (which I kept in the car) so I can sling the bag over my shoulder. I put my pouch (purse + mobile phone) in that bag as well. Never did I realized, that recycle bag torn at the bottom. As we were walking towards the beach area, one of the water bottle dropped with a loud 'pong' sound. Everyone stopped and I quickly picked up the bottle. Then, hubby (who was a few steps in front of me) shouted that my pouch was on the road, BEHIND. I got panicked and quickly ran as fast as I could to pick up my pouch. Thanks god I managed to get it back within minutes of dropping it. I can't imagine the hassle I will have to go through if I've lost my IC, credit cards, mobile phone, license and etc etc. I was really lucky ! Phew !

MR DISAPPOINTED 
At lunch time, we decided to eat at one of a so-called famous seafood restaurant (located next to a temple). I've got to know about this restaurant from reading a blog while hubby read it from the newspaper sometimes ago.  At the time we arrived, the restaurant was about 60% crowded. We were already prepared knowing we will have to wait for some time before the food will be served. We chose a table and waiting for someone to take our order.

Nobody came to us even the waiter saw us walked in (obviously, we are new customers). We waited while waving our hands hopping one of the staff will noticed us, but none. We waited again and finally the lady boss who was sitting at the cashier counter saw us. She came and took our order. Soon, our pot of Chinese Tea was served. Both kids were eating fried chicken which SIL bought from the A & W booth near the beach area. There were some carnival going on.

Our order : 1) Fried Rice, 2) Salted egg mantis prawn, 3) Kam Heong Lala, 4) Stir fried vege

After reasonable time of waiting, I commented that their service were very SLOW. MIL agreed with me. We decided to wait for a little while before making a complaint. We were hoping they will served us the fried rice first and the others can come gradually. But NO. We waited again until we saw our next table who came LATER than us were being served with their 1st dish. We even have high hopes that ours will be coming NEXT. But NO. Again, they served our neighbor table their 2nd dishes and 3rd dishes.

Hubby decided to check with the lady boss (who took our order) and told them that other who came later were already being served. The lady boss then went into the kitchen and check. To our GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT, our order chit was LOST ! She couldn't locate it in the kitchen or on the cashier table and even dare to announce so loudly in front of us while checking with one of her foreign workers.

We left the restaurant empty stomach. Oh.....not really empty because we had a few glasses of Chinese Tea.

We wasted our time their waiting for nothing. Luckily the kids had their fried chicken. And we vowed never to return to that restaurant anymore. No 2nd chance because the lady boss DID NOT even apologize to us. With her sour face, she just said "Aiya, don't know where my worker put that piece of paper" while her face looked somewhere else !

22 comments:

  1. WALAU! tat restaurant owner really dono how to make business....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope u didnt pay for chinese tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, the boss didn't even try to retake the order and quickly ask the kitchen to prepare the food immediately for you ah?? that's very bad..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TOTALLY understand how does it feels like in your 2nd story. Definetely feeling frust and angry when we see dishes being served for other guests who order later than us... >=(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad experience for you and ur family.
    I thot the lady boss was gonna compensate for that mistake and quickly whip up something for you.
    How can she let custs walk away hungry for the mistake they made???

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lady boss should at least apologize. I also won't give 2nd chance if being treated like that.

    Those recyclable bags can tear easily esp if you always carry heavy things in it. I already damaged a few with my heavy groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really frustrating when u encounter a bad service, what's more leaving with an empty stomach. The restaurant is so horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give us the name of the restaurant so that we'll boycott it. What's the use of having signature and great food when the service is lousy and tauke-niau didn't apologize after making the mistake? Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah, dunno how to do business. Liddat also can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya...that kind of service, no matter how good the food, I would not go back again. Btw, be careful of those recycled bags - not durable... Better get a nice canvas bag - can use for a long time, lasting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think i know which restaurant you refering to. I read in one of the blog a few mths ago. A group of youngsters when makan there. They dont have big table. The group had to sit separate table. When they order Chinese tea, the restaurant gv them 1 pot only to be shared between the two tables.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, I reckon what most important is you met your Mr.Lucky, that will be really a big deal if you lost your pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It ok lah,at least Mr Lucky was insight,,,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I also won't go back to that restaurant anymore since the boss seems to indicate that she is not hard-up for business. Btw, you are very lucky to meet Mr. Lucky...lucky thing the water bottle fell loudly, otherwise nobody would have realized!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw that restaurant on my last trip there. The place looked expensive.
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! The restuarant is so terrible. I sure would bang on desk before I left. I am fierce lady :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am always lucky,never try to be disappointed.
    However, human life is dependent on fate, so, people has no control on their fate. We just can tolerate and try to overcome our problem.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very poor service....should not go there again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. should put their chiew pai here too.. then we know .. hahaa... and the si tau por also knows, next time she wont be so irresponsible..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh dear..what lousy service. Definitely blacklist this restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear..what lousy service. Definitely blacklist this restaurant.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails