Thursday, March 10, 2011

A not so enjoyable short afternoon nap but a blissful night

Last Sunday, we have no plans and stayed at home the whole day. With the kids around, we hardly could do anything besides than keeping an eye on them. In the late afternoon, around 3pm, I felt a bit tired. While accompanying the kids watching cartoons in the living hall, I fell asleep on the sofa. No need to say, hubby was already sound asleep in the bedroom at that time.

Photo was taken 2 days ago. 
I don't know why but somehow, mother instinct asked me to wake up IMMEDIATELY ! * i only managed to nap for about 20 minutes * When I opened my eyes, I saw both kids were so quiet, but their hands were BUSY with something...............................something that I quickly jumped up when I finally saw them CLEARLY !



Both were playing with hubby's disposable shavers. MIL took it back from the hotel on one of her holidays and must have passed them to hubby. Knowing hubby never place things back at the right place, he must have just chucked the shavers under the table for dunno how many weeks or perhaps months already. Finally, that faithful Sunday, both my kids managed to fish them out, tore the packaging, squeezed out some shavers cream and apply all over their hands and faces treating them like their BABY LOTIONS!  

YX even attempt to shave his own chin and got cut a little. When I called mum (later that night) to tell her about their mischievousness, mum said "Luckily your kids did not shave each other's hair ! " Oh.....I won't know what to do if they really did that ! 

A mini cut on YX's chin. Saw the tiny red dot? 
I took a deep breath, controlling not to scold or punished them as I was partly to be blame as well for falling asleep on the sofa. I dragged both to the bathroom and at the same time explained to them why they can't play with the shavers, bla bla bla...... Both bath together that day because I couldn't stand the shaving cream on their skin !

After bath, both continue to watch cartoons obediently as they knew they just escaped from a punishment. As they did not take their afternoon nap (YX no longer nap but XJ did not nap that day), both slept early. XJ slept at around 8pm while YX slept half an hour later without any fuss.

Since I already had afternoon nap earlier (even not enjoyable), I did not sleep early. I decided to do face mask since I've not been doing it for a long long time already. It was so refreshing and the essence from the mask makes me felt so 'light'. Simply love it. Hope I could do another sessions of face mask this coming weekends. But never fall asleep again when nobody is eying on the kids !

27 comments:

  1. afternoon nap is always a bliss.. next time plan your nap with your hubby, take turn to nap and take care of the kids.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.O , dangerous to play with shaver. Blame your hubby for not keeping them properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With small kids around, have to becareful lorr. Luckily didn't mohican hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mum is right, luckily they dint shave each other's hair, if not..... =_=""
    Must inform your hubby to store them properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha oh this is the story you wanna share. Oh ya luckily they never shave other part. But I guess they are a very good copycat, thus only shave on the chin like daddy keke. That is wat my boy do only applied lips gloss on his lips nia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you woke up or else don't know what could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mother instincts are always sharp,,thank goodness for it.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol! I need to compliment you for able to control your temper and give yourself a fussfree evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, when i saw the pics of the shaver, my heart go "thump thump thump"... phew! nasib! omg... eeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha....I can relate to this too. Young kids will do all sorts of 'funny' things when they know you are not watching. One time, my hubby already slept while I watched over Juan Or as he watched his DVD on the laptop. Then I sendiri tertidur pulak! Then mother instinct asked me to wake up and I caught Juan Or about to disturb his father's new flat screen TV (which is like 2nd wife to hubby!). If hubby had known this, he would have scolded me! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. eh, xj's hair long also, sweet.
    u are very good la, no temper... tabik u! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. wa wa, so dangerous leh. luckily they didn't hurt (serious) themselves. phew

    ReplyDelete
  13. When i take nap, my girls will do her own things also...sometimes i cant help myself to fall asleep in de sofa. Hahah..they dont dare to disturb me, else the momster will Roar...ahhaha..u they have to behave kuai kuai.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luckily YX's chin is not badly cut! Actually the kids are not mischievous cos they don't know the danger of it. They are just exploring out of curiosity cos the objects were left lying around. Unless the shavers were kept out of their reach and the kids went to dig it out, then you can say they are mischievous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have seen kids shaving their eyebrows and using scissors to cut a chunk of hair from their friends' heads. LOL Seemed funny now but we shudder from the thought what kids could think of doing if adults weren't near at hand!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Luckily it was just a little cut and nothing serious. I better make sure this kind of stuff are kept away safely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahahaha!!! I did that too when I was small. Used my uncle's razor and shaved off all my eyebrows! ROTFL!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. phew..that was a relief that they didnt shave their hair, as their granny said.. hahaa...

    ReplyDelete
  19. agree with mummy-j that mnhl's temper is so good.

    i guess kids are usually curious with adults' stuff... later on probably may play with your cosmetic

    de-stress by doing mask!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, luckily you woke up on time and they didn't cut themselves... except for the minor one on YX's chin. Lesson learnt, never leave any sharp and dangerous item within the reach of children.

    ReplyDelete
  21. [SK] ~ Ya ya....should have some planning. haha...thks for the idea.

    Elaine ~ Exactly! I scolded him instead. haha

    Pete ~ LOL....I really don't dare to think what will happen if they really shave their hairs!

    Hayley ~ haha.....luckily ya.

    AngelineBK ~ Thks.... it is high time to change a new template already

    Vickylow ~ luckily no bad cuts else... sigh! But kids, they are good in intimating.

    Mummy Moon ~ Ya ya....thks god I woke up on time!

    eugene ~ I agreed to it. Instincts are so true.

    Sheoh Yan ~ I was at fault too. So cannot punish the kids. And glad I manage to control my temper that day.

    Irene ~ I jumped up when I saw their hand holding the shavers too. So scary.

    Alice Phua ~ Wow wow...luckily you woke up in time. haha....

    mummy-J ~ Wanna keep her hair long... can tie up like a little princess. hehe..... I was at fault too for falling asleep. So not fair to punish the kids. I have bad temper...can erupt like a volcano, sometimes. hahaha

    Yin Yue ~ ya...lucky! Else...i will have to explain to those people besides me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yee Ling ~ Sometimes really tired, no choice ya. Suddenly fall asleep.

    Chloe ~ Ya....all kids are curious.

    Jiawen ~ OMG ! Shaving the eyebrows! Luckily my kids did not do that too!

    Mummy Gwen ~ haha....better hid them away

    suituapui ~ hahahaha......u r so naughty! And your look sure weird without the eyebrows. hahaha

    reanaclaire ~ hahaha...a relieved too that they did not shave other parts of their body.

    SP ~ haha...i will erupt like a volcano when the time is up. hahaha....Yes...kids are curious. When I apply tonner to my face, they will line up beside me asking to apply some too... haha

    Yvonne ~ all because of hubby...did not keep properly. phew...lucky nothing serious happened.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh dear, luckily your son just had a slight cut. This incident made me remember about my neighbour's son. My neighbour's son played with a shaver and used that to shave away one of his eye-brows. Then his mom realized but had no choice that she had to shave away his another side of eye-brows so that, her son has a balance look.
    At that time, this incident was a good laugh at our small village.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yee Ling ~ Sometimes really tired, no choice ya. Suddenly fall asleep.

    Chloe ~ Ya....all kids are curious.

    Jiawen ~ OMG ! Shaving the eyebrows! Luckily my kids did not do that too!

    Mummy Gwen ~ haha....better hid them away

    suituapui ~ hahahaha......u r so naughty! And your look sure weird without the eyebrows. hahaha

    reanaclaire ~ hahaha...a relieved too that they did not shave other parts of their body.

    SP ~ haha...i will erupt like a volcano when the time is up. hahaha....Yes...kids are curious. When I apply tonner to my face, they will line up beside me asking to apply some too... haha

    Yvonne ~ all because of hubby...did not keep properly. phew...lucky nothing serious happened.

    ReplyDelete
  25. omg, when i saw the pics of the shaver, my heart go "thump thump thump"... phew! nasib! omg... eeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lucky you woke up or else don't know what could happen.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails