Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Primary school

I still remembered the days when I was hunting for YX's preschool 2 years ago. I searched for a few, comparing them before decided the one which YX is attending now. But for primary school, I doesn't need to repeat the hunting job because hubby had already decided which school to enroll YX ever since YX was born. That's because hubby and SILs graduated from this primary school 20 over years ago. 

Yesterday (1-3-2011), was the 1st day to register for primary school starting year 2013 for children born in year 2006 . 2 years in advanced are required to 'secure a place' and I was told to reconfirm the registration again next year. The registration are open up till 31 March 2011. 

Being kiasu, I went to the school early as I thought there will be a big crowd. How wrong was I. There was only 1 couple there and nobody else. The registration only took me about 10 minutes (filling up form + handing it over to the counter). 


Basketball court in front of the teacher's room + admin office

Some of the classrooms and canteen at the bottom. 
It is a SRJK (C) and used to be a very good school. According to the attendance chart pinned outside the teacher's room, I was relieved to know that each class consist of about 28 - 35 students. Hopefully, by enrolling YX into a Chinese based school, he will be able to cope up as I heard Chinese based school are very stressful and lots of writings to do.

21 comments:

  1. Hi ! How come I saw other parents say have to online register than only go to the school and give the online printed out form?

    Anyway....good that you have it all settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah... it's only the 2nd day of March and had already registered :) Better early than late to secure a place in a good school, eh?

    I bet YX will cope well in the Chinese based school~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its a smart choice! Mandarin is becoming more important these days.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to share with you, my girl is in primary 1, with the new syllabus, not that much homework and writing already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...meaning i ve to start to enroll Ethel jor..sweat**still yet to make the decision. so hectic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heard many parent commented new KSSR system is good, not so stressful for kids. Just that the teacher have to do many paper work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. uiks....no crowd? If KL sure to be crowded

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why nobody now? Standard has dropped or what? Something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smart choice...but how come not crowded leh..?I thought normally during school registration should be very crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like i need to register d lor...I thght 5 years old leh..

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are flying back to KL this Friday for Gwen's primary school registration. We are also enrolling her into a Chinese based school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to admit I'm not looking forward to the school registration process for my son becos I'm still blur-blur about it. I heard that for my son's birth year (2008), they have to start Std 1 at 6 years old instead of 7 already. If it means registering 2 years in advance, it means I have to start doing this (and start making up my mind!) by next year already! *Stress*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I better start too. We were going to do online registration... if go to d school...need all d docs already right???
    Hope there won't be a crowd if i go this friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wah you are really fast! I tried doing online registration yesterday too but the stupid system kept saying "no available school". I guess the school you chose for YX must be either in Temiang or Lobak, right? All the good Chinese primary schools that I know of are in these two places :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didnt know we have to register liao. P is 2007. I did plan to register him for private school. but i guess i still need to register him for govt school for backup..

    ReplyDelete
  16. over here also same, heard of lot of homework in chinese schools.. but then, they are cope-able.. i m sure your kids will have no problem..

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's a surprise to me the registration started two years ahead?? wow!!! i still remember i register for my primary school only on that day itself, haha~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. chinese school is good as they get to learn Mandarin.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, the school looks really spacious! I also planning to send my kids to Chinese school, sounds stressful hor?!!>_<

    ReplyDelete
  20. man, luckily i read ur blog.. otherwise i will be blur blur.. dont know when to register my yinyue. she was born in year 2006 pun.
    wats the website to register online ah?

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails