Thursday, April 21, 2011

Doctor, doctor Part 2

XJ was alright already and next, YX was down !  :(

On 13 April, when we reached home after work, MIL informed that YX was having slight fever. He just woke up from his nap but looked active. I quickly check if he was having running nose / cough (which is common when a kid has a fever). He looked fine to me. He has got no other complaint except for headache.

14 April - He was still having slight fever and we had decided not to bring him to school. I brought him to the office instead. He was still as active as normal and was very mischievous too. But why is he having fever then? His appetite was good and he doesn't look sick at all !

But in the afternoon, YX started to complaint of headache and wanted to sleep. I decided to bring him to visit the doctor at the Govt clinic. To my surprised, YX's fever rose up to 39 Degree C. Back to the office, I quickly sponged him while he rested. After work, we brought him to visit our normal pead. for further check up. The pead. checked his throat, ears, etc and did not detect any infection. He was puzzled too why YX was having a high fever with no other symptom. By the way, his temperature was at 38.8 Degree C at that time. The pead. even suspected YX might have caught the flu bug which has not showed out yet. Anyway, he advised to bring YX back again if his fever does not subside. In the middle of the night, YX shivered and I felt his body was very hot. I quickly inserted a suppository and continue to sponged him.

All these while, I did check with him if he was having sore throat, stomach discomfort, ear pain, mouth ulcer, etc but he has got no complaint. I even checked his throat and mouth to see if any ulcers, but none.

16 April, YX started to complaint of sore throat. This time, I could  see some white spots on the side of his throat. I quickly bring him to the doctor again (govt clinic as our normal pead was closed that day) and the doctor commented YX caught a lot of germs !

A blood test was done to determine if it is a viral infection or not. YX had been very cooperative during the blood test and the results - It was NOT a viral infections.

Doc. prescribed antibiotic x 5 days for him. After 3 days of antibiotic, YX had fully recovered and the white spots in his throat had gone ! He is now back to his normal mischievous self.

I still continue to give both kids their supplements and hope they will be able to built a stronger immune system in their tiny bodies, soon. Hope we will visit the doctor less....

The pead even mentioned that once a kid goes to school, they will get sick very often. If too worried, we will have to stop YX from going to school for a few months for him to built up his body's immune system. Impossible isn't ?

27 comments:

  1. It is very normal for kids to fall sick and build their immune system from there. Not too worry, ok? Well balance diet,supplement, exercises are all important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping YX from going to school isn't a solution, in my opinion. Recover from a fever/flu means leaving our body's immune system growing stronger.

    When my girl started her school, she got sick quite often too - like once in every 2 months we visited our doctor. As she progresses I noticed her immune system is building up.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The remedy I used for my kids - I give them spirulina everyday. (when not sick 1 tablets for morning and night, if have sickness, 2-3 tablets for morning and night), I give probiotics twice weekly. And 1 serving of fruit everyday (an apple a day normally - cos my kids like apple. Sometimes they have papaya or banana or orange).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know YX has recovered already. Gwen is having slight cough and flu too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to know YX has fully recovered in 3 days after the antibiotics.. hmmm, actually what were the white spots in his throat?? sounds quite scary lor.. well, impossible not to let him go to school just to get his immune system build up lah.. immune system will only build up if you caught the sickness no?? so don't worry too much, just go natural and normal will do lah.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was reading about XJ and YX now.

    The constipation was really bad. Maybe can try some probiotics on a regular basis or yogurt? My colleague's daughter used to have problem too but since she was on probiotics every other day, go toilet now much easier.

    As for YX....hmm...I had this problem when my son started going to daycare. So, there wasnt much issue when he was in school.But I have started him on propolis and seems to help him. I am buying it from a Taiwan distributor...quite expensive but its good for killing bacteria. can google search propolis to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard of probiotic but not propolis for kids. I'm now giving my kids multivits, Vit c and cod liver oil (original). I started too late. Should have given to them earlier. With a stronger body, they won't fall sick so easily?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doc did not explain what the white spots were but she stress the word GERMS. Hopefully by getting sick now will built up a stronger YX. hahaha......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Gwen gets well soon....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friend intro spirulina to me too......and colostrum. There are just so many types of supp for kids on the shelf. Heard probiotics are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son is weaker. He needs to visit the doc once every month :( Glad that your girl are stronger now. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thks for your comforting word. I just hope YX will gets stronger as time goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's true...once they go to school, they will fall sick all the time....and they may even come home with lice in their hair...and bumps here, there and everywhere. Been there, done that - all part of growing up...

    ReplyDelete
  14. lastime doc also ask me to stop sending Jeremy to nursery or in full days . But we hv to work ... no choice .... it been hard for us to see the boy sick , after one another ... spend alot $$ and see doc almost every week.
    But after i get Jeremy to had H1N1 jab , now he hardly fall sick (touch wood), perhaps u can try .. doctor advise, especially kids who start going to kiddy, this jab is advisable to take ...
    But for my small J, i think i start sending him after he is 4 or 5yo, since he had a very bad wheezing and poor lung ... scared la ....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Impossible to quit school right....We just have to make sure they have a balance diet that can help to build stronger immune system. Teach them the cleanliness and get them a bottle of hand sanitizer or wet tissues to use it b4 taking their snack. My girl kinder ask us to prepare it for the kid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had those lice on my hair when I was in my primary school. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also delayed in sending my girl to school since she is easy to care at home. I also scared she will be sick all the time. Wait till she grows older a bit first. My boy went to school at 2 yrs + because he is too active at home. MIL unable to take care of him. haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply impossible ya. When he is down, I felt so worried and frustrated at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi mNhL, Mak isah glad your children getting better.
    btw, if it is all right with you, Mak isah can't read the others' comments here clearly as your font are in white. any possibility that you can change to another color?

    Have a good evening my dear

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm...kids these days are truly more vulnerable to mutated viruses and others. Have to take it as they come, I suppose. All part of making them stronger. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Poor boy... besides boosting his immune system, hygiene is equally important too, since it is caused by "germs". I remember reading about him refusing to take his bath after coming back from school. Hope this is not the root problem. I won't let Chloe touch anything in the house right after coming back from school or anywhere outside, be it to the mall or playground etc. She must go to the bathroom first and she knows this "rule" very well ;) I'm a super clean freak (a bit of OCD too) and health freak haha...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sigh... what worry more the parents thn their children were unwell! Sorry for you and wishing tht both your kids growing strong and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thks Alice. Both are now well and healthy again. But I'm having my fingers crossed as well. Pumping health supp into them and hope no more visiting the doc.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agreed. Glad to say that the bathing issues are history. Hahaha......I even bathed him before we went to bed. Just to make sure he is thoroughly clean.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Strengthening their immune system by giving them balanced diet since young is very important. I started late ;(

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mak Isah. I;ve changed my template and hope it is clearer. I'm still at the mist of experimenting .....might change template again. haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, its true that when kids are into their school days, they become more vulnerable to illness. At the same time, they build natural antibodies to the 'new' illness, so that they become stronger the next time they meet the same 'enemy'. To help them in winning this battle, lots of Vitamins C and good night rest will help. Good Luck Mommy! Its a phase, all of us have to go through.... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails