Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Doctor, doctor

Ha...looks like I've been missing for a while. Have been busy lately with work and with the 2 kids. Both went to the doctor on a separate date and different case. Let's talk about XJ first. 

On 12 April, while I was about to eat my dinner, XJ requested to poo. I helped her to sit on the potty and thought I could quickly take my dinner after that. But she yelled for me.  I went to see what was wrong and she seems to have some difficulties to do her business. I sat beside her telling her to take her time while I can see her trying her best. Nothing came out. After about 10 minutes, XJ started to cry and mumbling "pain". 

I quickly carried her to the toilet and asked her to squat instead (hoping by squatting will help her to release) but still nothing. She was scared and wanted to give up. MIL then suggested to buy medication from the Chinese Medical Hall. Quickly, she and hubby went and bought back the medication. A 5 minutes wait was like 5 hours to me that day. XJ was sitting on the potty waiting and dare not poo. She was still crying and mumbling "pain". 

When MIL and hubby were back, we quickly insert the medication into her anus and hoping for some good news. Still nothing. We inserted the 2nd tube and still nothing. Maybe we do not have the skill / done the wrong way ? This had frighten XJ even more. I got panicked too and don't know what to do. 

I even pour some olive oil (for hair) on my palm and rub her anus hoping to make it lubricated and try to help XJ to 'dig' out her stool. Oh my! her 'gold' was really HARD like a stone and there are just no way it is coming out. XJ was too tired and she nearly FELL ASLEEP on her potty !!! 

No choice, we brought XJ to the hospital. The doctor used the same method (pump in the medication into her anus) and advised me to bring her to the toilet immediately. XJ was afraid and refused to enter the toilet at first, but maybe she have got the urged (the medication was working) and allowed me to bring her in. Soon, her 'gold' fell like atom bomb and we were both relieved ! 

XJ still cried pain but was fine after a short rest in the hospital compound. Looking at her earlier, really scared me and felt so pity for her. Not going to let this happen again. 

I took my dinner at 10pm that day. Ya...I still have the appetite and was damn hungry!  

33 comments:

  1. poor little girl. Next time you can try to give her prune juice. it has the laxative action. Remember to include fruits and more water in her diet. I make sure my kids poo everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know every time when i read about how parents got so nervous when their children are sick really brings me back to the time when i was a kid and how my parents were so worried sick about me too.

    I guess it always pains us as parents when that happens, we give all that we can just to see that they are all right.............

    take care ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,glad the she is ok now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah...u like doctor also. Shhh...let me tell u, i dun even dare to insert any medication to the kid's anus......U r brave mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she needs to drink plenty of water n more fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pity XJ, insert med into anus really frighten the child. Luckily she manage to pass motion at the end. Em really got to take note did our kids poo2 daily.

    If my kids didn't pass out today, tmr I'll make sure they take yogurt, plenty of fluid...oh and glucose added into their tumbler too. The sugars in the water will help draw water back into the stool in the intestines, which will make bowel movements easier for your kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear. sorry to hear abt this. constipation is really a killer. was she heaty? poor kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Constipation! Must take prunes juice regularly

    ReplyDelete
  8. After that incident, already bought a bottle of prunce juice to keep in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these while, I thought I've already given her lots of water and fruits and vege.......din know she will still suffer from constipation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did gave XJ calciyum .... but not everyday la. But she still suffer from constipation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I've given her a lot.....but I think it is not enough. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually I was scared too....but no choice. Maybe I did not push deep enough that's y after the medication at home, she still can't poo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remembered how my parents got worried when I was sick too ! It is natural for all parents to feel like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. After that incident, already bought a bottle of prune juice to keep. So scare of that already.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to have constipation when I was younger, really very terrible one...
    Must drink enough water and increase in fruits intake!
    -Hayley-

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not good to use this method! Some people use a bit of soap. Also no good. Must drink lots of water all the time and juices and fruits...and go regularly - if you keep for too long, it turns hard like stone and you constipate.The first sign of any problem in the bowel movement, take prune juice...and regular eating of prunes will be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ppl say prune juice.. but i dun like prune juice :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know that my Chloe eats tonnes of veges and fruits, right? She drinks a lot of water too but her bowel movement is not very regular. She only poos every other day but her stool is not hard and according to her paed, it's not constipation. So don't worry too much about what happened to XJ. Sometimes it is not solely caused by what she ate or didn't eat. Even if you give her prune juice everyday, if it can happen, it will happen. Btw, prune juice has no effect on Chloe at all...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really??? Thought vege and fruits will help in the bowel movements. My kids usually poo every other day too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. After this incident, we stocked up some prunes and prune juice at home. haha......hope this is not going to happen again......

    ReplyDelete
  21. From my observation, I think female are more prone to constipation. Don't know true or not... haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, poor XJ... so sorry to hear that she has to experience those scary moment. I'm quite inexperience in this case, because so far both my kids poo-poo on every alternate day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good that your kids have good bowel movement even on alternate day. Make sure the poo are soft. Then that will not be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad XJ is OK now, I can imagine the ordeal both you and her went thru although I have never really experienced shitting problem to this extend before with Juan Or.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my, my heart was pounding as i read along, i guess that might be what you've experienced by that time also.. so it's time you have to get XJ to have more drinks and more fibre to eat already.. hmmm, yoghurt drink would be a good source of those good bacteria (something bilafidus i don't know the word haha)..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Better give her more fruit juice to drink.. maybe not enough water.. or perhaps too much durians?? hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Please, more fluid and fruit, like bananas, papaya, apple and etc. Yogurt also good for bowel movement.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh dear...what a horrifying experience for XJ. Glad to know she is fine now. Gwen at that age used to have constipation prob too. I gave her prune juice when she has hard stools. It worked for her.

    ReplyDelete
  29. We already bought prune juice and kept in the fridge just in case for emergency like that. haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  30. Heard banana and papaya are good. Trying to stock up these at home.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Haha....we have yet to get any durians this year. Going to hunt for some soon...........stalls are everywhere along the roadside.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My 1st time experiencing things like that. I was sooooo worried and helpless. I nearly cried with XJ. haha...... glad that the hospital is just nearby. Imagine if I stayed somewhere in the kampung area. Aiyo..... i won't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Poor XJ.. XJ has hard stool at the while?? Can try to change formula?? I notice Formula effect a lot on the bowel movement..

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails