Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cinema outings with kids

On one of the Sunday last month, hubby and I decided to bring the kids to watch RIO. I've read a few blogs praising RIO as a good movie and how entertaining it was.

Indeed, it was a good show. I love it so much. Hubby doesn't like cartoon as he prefers action movie more so his job that day was to look after the kids. haha

YX was very cooperative. He sat quietly throughout the movie, with his eyes glued onto the big screen. Only towards the end, he started to ask me 3 - 4 times "Is the movie going to end soon?" Not sure if he was afraid the movie will end soon (he is gonna missed it) or he is getting impatience and wish to get out of the cinema as soon as possible. Anyway, after the movie I asked if he likes the show and glad to receive positive comments from him.

As for XJ, oh dear! She created some scene to attract others to look over. At the start of the movie, she was quite cooperative. Mainly because of the pop corns that kept her in place. Once the pop corns were finished, she started to feel restless. Then, she began to get down from my lap (she was sitting with me) and wanted to walk towards hubby. Then, she requested to drink water and spoke in a LOUD tone. We went "Shhhhhh !"

Once she drank her water, she asked again in a LOUD tone when she did not see any birds on the screen "Where are the BIRD BIRD?" We went another round of "Shhhhh" and asked her to concentrate. Bird Bird coming soon......

Then, she accidentally dropped my mineral water cap and she insisted to search for it in the dark even I already told her nevermind. She raised her voice and started to be cranky. Hubby quickly got up from his seat and carried her out of the cinema for a 5 minutes break.

This was actually XJ's 2nd time into the cinema. The 1st time was during the CNY break and we went during her nap time. She slept in the cinema comfortably. This time, we brought her for a 5 pm show where she just got up from her nap. Wrong timing !

34 comments:

  1. hehehe... I took Princess to movie for 4 times so far, and she will sleep half way through the movie... Yes, Rio is a nice movie.. very colourful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought my girl twice for movies (first Kung Fu Panda where she slept most of the movie and second, Avatar which she commented it looks like green monkeys), but haven't have the courage to bring the boy (1 year old plus) to cinema. He is more cranky than the sister, so we dare not do so. Maybe in a year time

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine was similar to XJ. 15mins into the show bored already. Half way thru he asked for remote control wanna chnage channel. pengsan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had wanted to watch Rio last weekend but cinemas have ended its screening oredi. I haven't been to the cinema in quite awhile. Am picky with what I watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm, not a good idea to bring kids to the cinema, especially when they are likely to be "hyperactive" inside yeah?? hehe~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've watched Rio too, indeed very enjoyable movie when watching it... it was very funny when the male macaw said his own eyes were very beautiful... hahah....

    ReplyDelete
  7. so..there will be a 3rd time.. but have to wait longer, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched RIO for the THIRD time today :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard many positive reviews about this RIO, will wait for the DvD instead =)
    Oh ya by the way, did you manage to come Taiping during the long weekend?
    -Hayley-

    ReplyDelete
  10. XJ is soooooooooo cute! *laugh*
    So when the 3rd visit to the cinema comes, make sure its during her nap time and you have amour-ed yourself with a Gigantic box of popcorn! *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. keke wrong timing, so next time let her get wild in playground b4 entering cinema?? I dare not bring my boy to cinema yet keke.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aiyo...good to know about this!! Must get the right timing!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mommy to ChumsyMay 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM

    oh i heard Rio is a good movie but we haven't watched it yet. You are brave to bring your kids to watch this. When Ashley was younger, i don't dare to bring her into the cinema :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha! It's common antic, I must say. It happened too when I brought my son to cinema, and I got additional headache to deal with - he puked and created a mess @___@

    Try again next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We watched RIO too, both my daughters appreciated the movie. Guess XJ is still too small for movie outing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brought my girl twice for movies (first Kung Fu Panda where she slept most of the movie and second, Avatar which she commented it looks like green monkeys), but haven't have the courage to bring the boy (1 year old plus) to cinema. He is more cranky than the sister, so we dare not do so. Maybe in a year time

    ReplyDelete
  17. Because the mother wanna watch this cartoon, so XJ got to tagged along. hehe....

    ReplyDelete
  18. adui. puke! Too much of pop corns and water ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahaah......it was because I wanted to watch this movie. I love cartoons. So XJ got to tagged along as no one was at home at that time to look after her.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahaha...to make her tired~

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh yes.....gonna plan during her nap time. haha.... so no disturbance throughout the show.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great movie with beautiful scenes. And humorous too.

    Yes yes....we did it. Will sort out the photos and blog bout it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. exactly. Got to wait till she knows how to appreciate cinema outing. haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. wah......salute! I can't go for the same movie again and again even they are nice to watch. I get bored. haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was very colorful ya. Love cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  26. paisey...paisey.....i think the other moviegoers are cursing me. hahaah....disturbing their show.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh ...... grab a DVD and enjoyed it at home. A nice cartoon. Colorful and humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL !!!! remote control somemore!!!! hahahaha.......

    ReplyDelete
  29. DId your girl enjoy the Avatar? I dare not bring my kids to adult movies. Afraid they will have nightmares. ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wah.....your princess is so cooperative! haha... you got the timing right!

    ReplyDelete
  31. i ll get the DVD instead....very tempting to watch this movie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Finally, I can get thru..hehe. My browser and connection not good lah.Yes, Rio was was very nice. It's hard for a 2 years old to sit still la but she only talked loudly still ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Now I'm so tempted to bring my boy to the cinema since your girl did so good(Exempt the treasure hunt part)!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh yeah, the Angry Bird is making a big hit now! May buy RIO dvd instead 'coz I'm sure my XJ won't sit still in the big dark room ;-) Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails