Monday, May 2, 2011

Compensations

Last week, I went to the Post Office and happen to chance upon a stall manned by an uncle and a youngster selling different species of mangoes. I'm not a fruit lover but sweet and juicy mangoes won my heart. I stopped and asked what are the differences of these mangoes. The youngster recommended the yellow skin type and said they are VERY SWEET and FLESHY. Unlike the others, this yellow skin type does not have any roughage.

Since he praised sky high, I decided to grab some. He was selling at RM10 for 2 kg while the others are selling at RM10 for 3 kg. He weighed, 2 kg = 8 mangoes. I even asked him to pick those ripe mangoes so I can eat them either today or tomorrow. I was very happy with my purchased and trusted this guy. In the car, I was even drooling over these sweet mangoes.

But to my great disappointment, these mangoes were VERY SOUR ! It was indeed very fleshy but they were way too sour to be swallow. I've tried 4 of them and all turned out to be SOUR. Maybe I should try out Pete's recipe with the remaining 4 of them. I bet they are sour too.

I've been thinking should I go back to seek for some compensations but was afraid I got a good scolding instead. haha......

Have you ever seek any compensations for the things you had purchased ?

12 comments:

  1. errr, i guess i would just curse the seller and do nothing else since it's just a small amount and i rather save the hassle.. furthermore, sour or sweet is very subjective to personal definition, so we just cannot argue i guess.. so next time, just ban that stall lor.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. But will never go back to buy from the fella ever again... Cheat once, cannot cheat twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same happen to me too. Bght 2kg of water lily mango. Duno why though ripe still sour.

    errr....it depends la....like durian and if it is nearby, i bring back to them lo. But like mango they sure wont change coz memang the whole basket should be sour as from same source

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also bought sour mangoes before.. no la.. i didnt return them but only told him the next time i went.. i said sour one la!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy to ChumsyMay 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM

    I think you should go back to tell him that the mangoes are sour and not sweet like he claimed. Don't think he will give you your money back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should go back and ask for exchange... maybe exchange for other mangoes as I don't think you get the $$ back...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't dare...scare he will scold me. Just take it as my luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to but too scare. haha.... later cause a ruckus in the market area. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. so what was his reactions ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. u r true la....from the same source sure sour. haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. ya lor...i also will never go back to that stall again.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. ya la....never want to go back to that stall anymore...

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails