Saturday, September 10, 2011

Shopping with parents

Last Sunday, I brought both kids to Jusco with my parents. Hubby never enjoy shopping unless he has got something to buy, so he prefer to stay at home. Luckily both my parents ENJOYED shopping a lot ! and I've got them to accompany me. I've wanted to leave the kids at home with hubby but, both wanted to tag along.

We headed to the shopping mall after breakfast at home. That was at around 10.30 am. Parking was easy to find and we have plenty of space to choose from. With dad around, he assisted to look after the 2 kids where they spent most of their time at the Jusco's indoor amusement park. Mum and I managed to take our own sweet time browsing through the ladies department. What a bliss ! And I even managed to buy some blouses.

As I have a RM50 Starbucks vouchers, I suggested to have a light lunch somewhere and we can proceed to Starbucks for afternoon tea later. Both my parents agreed and we choose to eat at the Manhattan Fish Market since my parents never ate this before and I only had this once a few years back.

We ordered a set of baked fish with rice (RM16.90) and a set of grilled chicken breast with rice (RM16.90) and a mixed platter (deep fried button mushroom, deep fried prawn & squid - RM13 ++) to share. Love the deep fried button mushrooms to bits. It was so crunchy at the outside and so juicy in the inside *sorry, no photos to share*

Next, we went to Starbucks to fill up our half full tummy. We had 3 drinks, tiramisu, chicken pie and a classic donut for the kids. Dad enjoyed the cosy environment. While sipping on our drinks, we chatted and relaxed while the kids enjoyed digging into their donuts ! Glad that both were so cooperative that day which makes me wanting to plan for another shopping spree with my parents again next trip they are in town.

Then, I received a call from MIL inviting my parents to have an early dinner together at around 6pm. Since it was already around 2 pm + when the call came in, I suggested to stay at the shopping mall until dinner time. I regretted doing so. I was dead tired and came back home with a pair of sore leg. XJ skipped her bath that day because she slept in the car after our dinner. The mighty strong YX still managed to watch one round of cartoon before agreed to sleep.

As for my both parents, they were tired too. They slept early that night after bath. I jokingly told my parents that I broke record that day by staying in the mall from morning till evening for the 1st time ever in Seremban! Even I do enjoyed that very much (with their great company), but I don't think I can do this again (long hour) in the future as my legs can't take it. hahaha.....

Note #1 : Salute to those who can stay at the shopping mall for the whole day. You know who you are ^_^
Note #2 : I felt so lucky to be able to spent time with my parents even I'm already married with kids. Hope they will stay healthy and we can still do this in the next 5, 10, 15 or 20 years ahead !
Note #3 : I should wear a proper walking shoes. Maybe my legs won't hurt so much if I really did.  

16 comments:

  1. Wow, wow! I ditched my this habit of mine (whole day shopping), like years ago. Couldn't catch up with the shopping marathon when children is around.

    If I really need to shop, then I'll leave the kiddos at home and I shop with girlfriends / sister. And yes, an appropriate shoes is a MUST! Hihi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was studying at KL, I can shop whole day with my gal friends. But now I cant =_= May be because I've stop doing that for some times already........

    ReplyDelete
  3. what shoes did you wear? better to wear comfortable flats with good heel support if out shopping...

    on note #2... i also feel lucky that i still go out eat/shopping with grandma! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha great excuse now for u to go shopping to buy a good pair of walking shoe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 I'm like your hubby.
    2 I love Manhattan Fish especially the seafood platter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy a nice pair to walk more... yes, it is not just for shopping, actually it protects our legs in the long run.. wont get pain at ankles.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, last time i can stay up for hours in the mall.. but really not now, feel so tired even an hour walking.. unless i have lots of things to buy, else shopping is just not so exciting to me anymore.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. one whole day at the mall? shopping marathon ar?? hehe...but Jusco S2 so small woh, can stay there 1 day meh?? if Mid Valley, can lah...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good that ur parents enjoy shopping. Can bring them go makan makan exp food and shop for clothes together.
    I dun like to go shopping with the kids. They dun hv patience (n try to "explore" elsewhr) when I look at my stuff. Even when buying clothes for them, they sometimes dun hv the patience to try. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  10. When young time I can stay & shop in Mall for whole day. But now not with 2 kiddos and ageing body haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha.. i feel your tiredness.. I can't go shopping for too long too.. maybe getting old d..haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. 月圆圆,人甜甜。祝你越来越有钱。
    yuè yuányuán, rén tiántián。zhù nǐ yuè lái yuè yǒu qián。

    月光光,人双双。祝你心情多放宽。
    yuè guāngguāng, rén shuāngshuāng。 zhù nǐ xīn qíng duō fàng kuān。

    贵人齐,小人离。祝你大利又大吉。
    guì rén qí, xiǎo rén lí。zhù nǐ dà lì yòu dà jí。

    祝你与家人,中秋节快乐。
    zhù nǐ yú jiā rén, Zhōng qiūjié kuàilè。

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seremban Jusco is so small yet you can shop there from morning to evening haha! Were you circling the same places again and again ? :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Used to be able to walk a lot but now no more lo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have stopped doing this long long time ago. I mean shopping from morning till evening. I get easily tired now, may be age is catching up. I prefer to take a nap most of the weekend, I am weird , right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. yvonne ~ I wanted to leave my kids at home too...haha...but both wanted to follow me. Both stick to me. haha

    Hayley ~ Last time I used to shop the whole day too in KL....but now age is catching up. haha

    SP ~ cheap sandals. haha

    LittleLamb ~ That's a great idea... next shopping time.

    stp ~ haha... guys are always so lazy to shop. Ya...the Manhattan Fish served delicious food...

    reanaclaire ~ agree...should invest in a pair of good shoes.. to protect our back bones too...

    [SK] ~ oh...hardly hear guys enjoy shopping. haha...

    IYSON ~ agree...haha...Jusco S2 is indeed very small.... it was really surprising we can do it for almost the whole day!

    slavemom ~ Happy to accompany them :) Both my kids so noisy... talk and laugh non stop...so embarrassing

    Vickylow ~ agree....old already, our body really cannot take it. haha

    Broccoli Ginger ~ haha.... when young, we have full energy ya.

    Bananaz ~ Thank you. Hope you have a great Mooncake festival too !

    Chloe ~ hahaha....Jusco S2 is really very small compare to KL shopping complex. And yes...we were circling around and around. haha

    Small kucing ~ And with the kids along, lagi tak boleh. haha

    Sheoh Yan ~ Not weird. If got time, I want to nap too..... sleeping is such a bliss !

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails