Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Looking For Roommate ?

I still remembered when I first came to KL to further my studies in a local college, dad and mum accompanied me to look for a room to rent. Both my parents will prefer me to stay in a place within walking distance to the college. We actually drove around the housing area near the college to see if there is any room to let. Lucky stars were shinning upon us as we found a house just right opposite the college hanging an advertisement on the front gate. Due to the distance, dad said no matter how much the room cost, he will still grab it for me. 

Those were the days. If without my parent's help, I think I will be lost if I were to come to KL alone. Unlike nowadays, with the advance of the Internet we don't have to drive around the housing area just to look out for the 'room to let' notice hanging on the front gate. With just a click on the mouse and from the comfort of our home or office, we can get all the information pertaining to the house or room we were looking for. We can also search according to the location and preferences. It is very convenient and most importantly, easy to use.

As for people who are going for a short holidays or to attend a function (eg, wedding) in another town, they can book a house under short term rental. Booking a house is better than a hotel room if you have a bigger group. It will be more economical with a bigger space. You can plan your accommodation ahead and have no worries during traveling. With such conveniences, maybe I should start to plan a short gateway with my family soon since school holidays are approaching !        

9 comments:

  1. yeah, of course with the internet we can now do many things with the convenient click of our fingers.. hmmm, so you have started to plan your short getaway with your family?? how nice~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty convenient nowadays with few simple clicks, hor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emm, back then and now.... with a few clicks. I love technology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely cheaper for big groups...and good for people with a car. Usually these houses are not in the city centre or commercial areas - may be hard to get around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many things we can do with the internet and saves a lot of time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last time, looking for a room to let was a nightmare, I had to go to 7-11 shop and copy the phone number from the notice board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tQ for the info time changed and technology is getting so advance. All of us went through the 'hard' way searching house to house those days haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very true, thus the boom in aparment for rent, homestay programs as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things a made so easy with technology! I guess it will be hard to live without it:D

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails