Friday, May 4, 2012

Hay Bee Hiam

It has been a long long time since I last had 'Hay Bee Hiam' (Cilli dried prawns). Mum used to make this when we were young. She added some sugar to make it spicy - sweet and both my brother and I love them so much. Somehow, this dish disappeared from our list and mum stop making them too.

Not until yesterday, I saw 2 cups of 'Hay Bee Hiam' on the dinning table and can't wait to dig into them. MIL said one of the relatives went somewhere for a short getaway and bought them. MIL gave me 1 cup for me to bring to the office.

2 cups of delicious hay bee hiam

Yummy .........

A small scope is so precious !
This morning, I had this for my breakfast. 

With bread
and had this for my tea time a while ago ..................

Sliced cool cucumber...........
They are so precious that I had to eat them bit by bit. That small cup of 'Hay Bee Hiam' won't last long and I'm gonna crave for them. Looks like I have to remind mum about this yummy 'darling' so she can start to make them again after so many years !


25 comments:

  1. I like this too. Eating this with anything also nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...with anything also nice hor.....

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like it and my mom is good at making this too :D

    1 cup is definitely not enough for me alone, kekeke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that 1 small cup is not enough for me too. haha....but too precious so have to eat little by little

      Delete
  3. I love this too... it goes well with almost everything! Ya, you should remind your mum to make this again. I bought one cup from outside last time and it was not nice. There's nothing like homemade ones and my mum is good in cooking this too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade is always the best. Pure ingredient and tasted better too.

      Delete
  4. You can make your own:
    http://suituapui.wordpress.com/2011/11/15/one-hundred-ways/
    (minus the adding the pumpkin part)
    Can add a bit of lengkuas and serai...and sugar if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes! Here's the post I was looking for:
    http://suituapui.wordpress.com/2009/03/29/follow-me/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eat with porridge also nice ho? Yumz yumz...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never try with porridge because they are spicy. I love meat floss with plain porridge! yum..

      Delete
  7. Eat with plain rice, nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to eat it with cucumber..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. especially cool cucumber...it gave a better umph !

      Delete
  9. unfortunately i am not a fan of hay bee hiam lar... can't appreciate the taste...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U don't like the smell ? Eat with white bread very nice....

      Delete
  10. wah, i can see how you are in love with it.. eating bread or cucumber also need it!! haha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are simply delicious.....

      Delete
  11. We call it here "Sambai Hay Bee"...Nice to eat just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh.. my love!! I also like to eat with bread..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm..now i am drooling looking at these photos. *slurps*

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails