Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fresh from the oven

Late last month, hubby suddenly suggested to buy a breadmaker since we have a 'Roti King' in the house. We must have bread on the table everyday as YX will be asking to eat a slice or two when he has the crave. So, after checking out the ovens in our usual electrical shop, we immediately grab one back home since they have a promotion going on at that time !

My 1st loaf
The oven was sitting in the box for about 2 days before I started my 'engine' to bake my very first loaf. Glad that it turned out well. All we need to do was just measured the ingredient correctly, poured into the pan according to the sequence (refer to the recipe provided), put the pan into the oven, pressed START and the oven will do the job.

Wholemeal
To make a basic loaf, it takes about 3.5 hours from mixing, rising and finished baking. My first loaf did not raise high enough. We guess it must be the quality of yeast used. 

Top with some almond nips
However, the texture of the bread is great, despite the top looks a bit dry. Maybe I did not put in enough of oil / butter. Anyway, it was my first try and it was a success which makes me looking forward to bake more.

My 2nd loaf
A few days later, I tried to bake a different flavour bread by adding a little bit of cocoa powder, add in raisins and chocolate chips into the dough.

Wholemeal with chocolate chips & raisins
Again, the top looks a bit dry even I make sure the oil used are measured correctly. All my chocolate chips melted but the bread smells very nice. Very chocolatey ! And the raisins give the bread a hint of sweetness. The kids love them ! Not forgetting that the house was filled with the freshly baked bread aromas.

My 3rd loaf ~ topped with black and white sesame seeds 
As my 1st and 2nd loaf did not raise high enough like the size of a normal bread selling outside, I went to a local bakery shop to buy a different type of yeast. Surprise ! Surprise ! The bread rose up high and the texture was very soft. I was feeling so satisfied.

 
The texture
For this wholemeal bread, I add in only 30% of the wholemeal flour and the remaining with high protein flour. It was enough to makes the bread cover with loads of wholemeal.

After making a few loafs of bread, I googled and found that I can even bake a cake with the breadmaker. I took down the recipe and was so eager to try them out. 

My 1st Butter cake
Last Friday night when the kids attended their Art class, I worked on the butter cake. I was glad and satisfied too that the cake turned out successfully. Just that the size and shape of the cake doesn't look nice. I think the pan was too big for my recipe. Maybe I should doubled up my ingredient for my next try.

Moist and buttery
Nevertheless, the taste was great. The texture was moist and buttery. I topped my cake with some almond nips as I love almond nips a lot. When buying from the bakery shop, we hardly can find cakes with almond nips.

Our new toy ~ Breville breadmaker made in Australia
All thanks to this breadmaker machine. Our house will be filled with bread and cakes most of the time (if the chef is not lazy). The kids have been placing their orders already, telling me to bake orange cakes, lemon cakes, corn bread and even MILO bread ! Wait wait........I'm still learning.......In fact, I'm very happy and satisfied because my hard work managed to make the kids happy ! 

28 comments:

  1. wah so nice, now everyday also can eat fresh healthy homemade bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the warm freshly baked bread. It was so soft....

      Delete
  2. You bought a breadmaker!!! Nothing beats waking up in the morning to the smell of freshly-baked bread all over the house. You can dump everything in before going to sleep...and have bread in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes...the house was filled with the smell......nice.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. RM390 with free gift (electronic scales). It was during promotion period.

      Delete
  4. With the new toy in the kitchen, your kids will be looking forward to more and more breads in the house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my roti king is the happiest of all ! haha

      Delete
  5. wow, those bread and cake look so yummy!! don't bother the appearance, as long as they taste great right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....appearance not good = can only eat at home. Cannot give to people. paisey with such look!

      Delete
  6. Aah I know that feeling! I was like you too, when I first got my breadmaker 2 years ago. My first batch of wholemeal tak jadi too... just like yours, it didn't rise properly. After a few trial and errors, it was good, fresh and fluffy loaf bread all the way for months until we all got bored of it haha. Nowadays, I just use the dough function and bake mini buns separately in an oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha.....wait till my roti king got bored with eating bread...then this machine gonna be a white elephant !

      Delete
  7. wow, the baker's oven is really so amazing like that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..the bread looking good. So nice can make your own bread at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To satisfy the demand of my roti king. haha

      Delete
  9. wow..yummy looking bread and cakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you wenn. They are just for family consumption. Paisey to give to people. haha...coz not presentable.

      Delete
  10. wow...the bread looks Good. I think of getting one too since my family also love eating bread. Btw, how much is your bread maker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it during promo period. RM390 + free gift (electronic scales). Go get one and u will be amazed by it's magic !

      Delete
  11. So good the kids get to eat freshly baked healthy bread. A breadmaker is in my nice-to-have list. But worry it'll be another deco in the kitchen after the excitement's over. haha

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails