Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mummy-J's Mushroom soup

When mummy-J posted about mushroom soup in her blog, I just can't wait to get all the ingredient and try out the recipe at home. I love mushroom soup. In fact, anything milky, cheesy, creamy and buttery are all my favourites !

Button mushrooms (cut into desired size), whipping cream (200 ml), potato (mashed), Bombay onion (diced)
Before preparing the mushroom soup, the important thing is the chicken stock.

Chicken stock
Boiled chicken stock with some chicken bones / breast meat for at least 2 hours for better taste. 

Creamy mushroom soup.........slurp......
I love the milky taste of the mushroom soup but my other family member doesn't. Maybe I should reduce the amount of whipping cream (if I'm going to cook again in the future) to suit their taste bud. For the recipe, hop over to Mummy-J's blog. 

22 comments:

  1. try putting a dash of black pepper.. it reduce the 'sou' taste of cream... additionally, put in some ginger..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thks for the tip. Din know can add ginger! I love ginger smell too.

      Delete
  2. Home made mushroom soup is the best ya! I made once before, missing it already~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love home made type coz not too salty and confirmed no MSG.

      Delete
  3. hahahaha!! actually i was expecting you to show photos of the steps.. but then saw the ingredients and boiling water, taadaah!! already the finished product~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. halo ! I already link the recipe to mummy-j's blog ma....

      And not boiling water la...it is chicken stock...got chicken bones / breast inside but the pic not clear only. hahaha...

      Delete
  4. hahah...yalor...y u only show boiling water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....next time i will remember to take a clearer pic.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. not salty like the outside one.....healthier. haha

      Delete
  6. Wah nice and creamy homemade mushroom soup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I may just give this a try. Must get some whipping cream first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But don't put too much at one go. Put according to your liking. I love creamy, milky taste buy my family doesn't. It all depends in individual.

      Delete
  8. I would love that but I can't get fresh buttons here. Even if they have in the supermarket, most of the time, they've been there a long time and are going bad... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine under the stock clearance section. RM3 for that box.

      Delete
  9. wow, mnhl - recently you are also turning into a mini chef! can have culinary challenge with mummy-j next time... i can be your judge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha.....when the cooking engine started, it is hard to stop !

      Delete
  10. OK..now I know how to make homemade mushroom soup..ehehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delish! Ya, if you do not want it so creamy, reduce the whipping cream. I'll add more mushrooms if I cook this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looked so delish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So yummy! I love all things creamy too. Using almost the same ingredients, you can try to make your own carbonara sauce for your pasta next time.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails