Friday, August 3, 2012

Grey hair

Recently, I noticed I have lots of grey hair underneath my black hair. I was quite shocked as grey hair symbolized aging. In fact, I should just admit that I'm indeed old. I'm already a mother of 2 and my eldest will be going to primary 1 starting early next year. So, it is just not surprising that I have grey hair. But, somehow I just can't seems to accept this fact.

I still remember seeing my mum plucking her grey hair in front of the mirror when I was a child. Probably in my primary school days. I always asked mum why the hassle to pluck away those grey hairs? They are your hairs too. Mum would said they looked ugly and it will be very obvious telling people that you have aged.

Now, it is my turned and I just finds it hard not to pluck away those grey hair whenever I visited the toilet. The mirror above the sink is just like a reminder telling me to pluck some before I leave the toilet. Automatically, after I washed my hand, I will flip up my black hair to look for those grey ones and pluck one strand after another. It is just so tempting to get rid of them.

This makes me think too. I've noticed men are not so particular in removing their grey hairs. My dad and most uncles have grey hairs and they don't seems to be bothered. Maybe, men looked wiser with a head full of grey hairs !

While women, they are rather particular. Mum and aunts even went to have their hair dyed. Some went to saloon while mum and other aunts uses 'Inai' to dyed their hair. Instead of black, they have shiny dark golden brown hair. Nice colour though.

22 comments:

  1. my mum dye her hair too... and guess my turn will be soon... maybe I just dye other colour instead of black..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...can choose something diff from your natural ones.

      Delete
  2. hmmm, grey hair also your hair mah, why want to pluck them away?? hehehehe, so now maybe your daughter will be asking you this.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but they say, pick one strand and there it will grow three!! you not afraid the more your pick the more they grow?? :p

      Delete
    2. very true, actually guys won't be bothered with those grey hair.. guys looks wiser and more matured with grey hair, haha~~

      Delete
    3. well, maybe you can just go dye your hair then won't notice the grey hair so obviously lah.. :)

      Delete
    4. I did it in the bathroom...nobody saw. haha.....

      I heard of that pick 1 = grow 3 too....but plucking away the grey hairs very addicting la.

      I no need dye hair yet...not till that extend. haha...maybe a few more years down the road.

      Delete
  3. You're right, I think that's because we ladies care more about our appearance compared to men.. But elderly say pluck one grey hair, 3 more grey hair will grow.. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have banyak grey hair...so sad. After I delivered I want to dye my hair already. My husband is older than me but he ain't got any grey hair...hmm...jealous. My husband likes plucking my grey hair..LOL. -__-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, how have you been ? Some ppl said grey hair are genetic. Not too sure about this though.

      Delete
  5. Mine's turning grey too and worse, I think I'm balding but never mind. Old already. LOL!!! But frankly, I've seen people letting their hair go all white and they actually look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....men always experienced balding issues...a full head of whites....look like professor !

      Delete
  6. guess many people have grey hair but luckily we can go dye our hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ya...can dye, can perm, can do all kind of style too. haha....

      Delete
  7. Oh, I have seen ppl use the inai to disguise grey hair too.

    Important to stay cool minded and not stressed out to minimize grey hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact, the Inai colours very striking and nice !

      Not really stress la....just quite addicting when picking one after another. haha...

      Delete
  8. Just go dye your hair. Grey hair is the natural process of aging, which of course all of us do not want! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some got grey hair because of genetic.....my dad got lots of grey hair....hmmm.........

      Delete
  9. i "enjoyed" plucking grey hair too...then can become lazy and went for a dye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very addicting hor...i tak penah dye my hair le....

      Delete
  10. Appreciate if you can provide the inai name and where to purchase as looking high and low for hair dye preferable without chemical.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails