Monday, August 6, 2012

The great game

I'm not into sports but I just wanted to post this up because my kids made me laughed so hard yesterday night while watching the Badminton game.

I think most Malaysian watched this really amazing game between Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan. It was such a good game to watch but can really gave us heart attack ! haha

Both my parents were in Seremban this week, and they too watched the game. As MIL asked me to bring something for my parents, I left home when Lee Chong Wei was leading the game. When I reached brother's house, I quickly rushed inside and was glad that Lee Chong Wei was still leading. Minutes later, he won 21 - 15. Everyone cheered for him. Then, I continued to watch the 2nd game at my brother's house but Chong Wei was behind of Lin Dan this time. So I quickly drove home to continue with the game because I know there will be a 3rd game.

Just as I reached home, the third game just started and together with my kids, hubby and MIL we cheered for Lee Chong Wei. This just reminded me of my childhood time when my whole family watched the Thomas Cup and we were cheering for our Malaysian team too. That time, I pretty like the double pair Cheah Soon Kit and Soo Beng Kiang.

The kids were as excited as me. YX even hold the newspaper with both player's face in it and told me "See, this two 'koko' here are the same as the one in the tv now". After the game ended, both kids went to sleep as it was late. In the bedroom, YX told me he likes Lee Chong Wei. Upon hearing that, XJ quickly says that she likes Lin Dan ! To my surprised, YX told XJ that Lin Dan is not a Malaysian. We should support Lee Chong Wei instead.! haha........these two kids.

Anyway, Lee Chong Wei played a really great game yesterday. He makes all the Malaysian proud to have won the Olympic Silver Medal twice ! Congratulations Chong Wei ! You are still the best !
    

20 comments:

  1. I think ampteen years that I have not been watching any sport game/competition even the recent football thing but not yesterday badminton match.

    I have been watching it since the first match and everytime LCW hit the shuttlecock, as you said, it really gave me a heart attack.

    I am sure LCW is already the winner in the heart of his supporters with his 'all out' effort and sportsmanship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not into sports but I only watch LCW's matches. haha..... and agreed with you......he is already the winner in all our hearts !

      Delete
  2. yah, it was a super match last nite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...my heart like wanna leap out. haha

      Delete
  3. I was also staying home the entire evening, watching this game with my family. My two girls were holding National flag and chanting beads when cheering for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your girls are so patriotic. Well done !

      Delete
  4. Although he didn't win the Gold medal, but he's still the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is really pro. An interesting match

      Delete
  5. Your children are influenced by their parents. That must be a very cute and funny sight to see them cheering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes...really cute and funny. haha

      Delete
  6. Yes, he did well, Tried his very best...can be proud of himself even though he did not win. Not like once upon a time in China - he played so badly then that I switched off the tv after a while . Refused to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahha...until u switched off the tv! But he played real good on Sun.

      Delete
  7. Yea, Dato made us all proud of him! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really puts his heart into the game....too bad luck was not at his side.

      Delete
  8. yes!! what a great game, especially the 3rd set left all of us heart-pounding and nail-biting!! he was just so close to bring back his gold medal and the nation's first gold medal ever, anyway, i still support him for his great sportsmanship.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so near yet so far. I was so excited until cannot sit down comfortably. hahaha......and my kids too.....cannot sit still.

      Delete
  9. i watched the game too. for a while, i thought that there would be chance... at the end, he was so sad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a waste ya....when he won the 1st set, I was so happy. haha.... but kind of 'ke xi' when he lost.

      Delete
  10. Felt sory for LCW...esp when he lost and sat down on the floor.but at the end...he gave a good fight.
    I had a slight crush on Cheah soon kit last time...wonder what happened to them...??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....that CSK was a killer too.

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails