Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tiny tails

Happy little girl
MIL enjoys a lot to decorate my little girl's hair. Every morning, she will comb and tie XJ's hair in various pattern and will use hair clips that matches the colour of her dress she wore. Even teacher praised MIL for her patience and skill. Last Saturday, XJ did not follow me to the office. Since nothing to do at home, MIL uses about an hour plus to tie up hundreds of tiny tails for XJ.

Hundreds of tiny tails
Not really hundreds as I did not count but I will just assumed there were hundreds of them. XJ was also patience enough to sit at one place obediently for MIL to tie her hair up. MIL slowly plaits one by one. 

Neatly tied up
And she did it neatly too !

Brotherly love
As YX saw me taking photos of XJ, he also 'sibuk' and requested for a photo together. He hugged XJ and I really love to see how he sayang his little sister, while XJ enjoying being loved by her brother.

Due to long hour of hard work and XJ already had her hair washed before her hair being plaited, MIL suggested not to untie the plaits, but instead let XJ sleep with them on. Since no rubber band tied tightly near her scalps, I agreed. XJ agreed too and doesn't even mind to sleep like that !


Another brotherly love
The next morning, the plaits still looked neat with one or two started to loosen. If you did not look closely, then it was fine. We brought the kids to shopping mall and YX eagerly hugged XJ again for a photo shot !

Making funny faces and pose
The kids were so happy posing for me.

More poses 



'Instant noodles' hair
Back at home, I rushed the kids to take their bath after a whole day of outings. While YX took his bath, I helped XJ to untie the plaits. Oh my, not an easy job at all ! I took nearly 30 min or so to remove the rubber band from the end of each tiny plaits. I was so tired and wanted to give up half way but i still have to remove them as XJ needs to have her hair washed. After managed to remove all, her hair looked like instant noodles ! haha

As I'm happy to have MIL to help me around with tying up XJ's hair, but I do hope MIL won't do this kind of plaits anymore because it is really time consuming and I'm definitely not a patience person to slowly removed them ! hahaha

39 comments:

  1. the plaits were really all so nice and neat! wow, it required more than 1 hour... really time consuming to tie and un-tie... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...very time consuming. I salute MIL's patience. haha...

      Delete
  2. What a nice braided hair! My girl would requests me to plait her hair this style, but I don't have the time and energy so I brush her off, everytime :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....try to do it just once for her during your holiday (weekends or PH perhaps).

      Delete
  3. her hair very long d. eh is tat the baju i bought for her (in shopping mall) wah...glad she can still wear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ya.....both pink and red she can still wear!

      Delete
  4. I am a very lousy and lazy mom. My girls hair is long but always in a messy look. At times I really find hard times managing their unruly hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When MIL is not free or not around, my girl's hair will be very messy too. hahaha

      Delete
  5. I would say the braids are really neat and nice. I always admire your 2 kids close bonding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of hard work to plait those tiny tails. haha....

      Delete
  6. That's why so nice to have a daughter - can dress her up, do her hair. Boys...so boring lah! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays, we can also dressed up boys as there are many nice shirt and pants. Can gel their hair too. haha

      Delete
  7. your MIL must have spent a lot of effort in doing this, looks so neat and very professional!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha!! spending more than an hour doing that, but in the end, you have to spend another half an hour to remove them~~

      Delete
    2. i am afraid in the future your MIL is also tired to do that, but your little princess herself would request her to do that again, since she loves to look pretty~~ :p

      Delete
    3. well, ok lah, i don't think she is doing that everyday.. just maybe once in a while..

      Delete
    4. MIL have the patience and skill to tie up my girl's hair. When she was not around, my girl's teacher commented her hair very messy. hahaha......

      Delete
  8. nice to tie up the hair of young girls. When they grow up, they wouldn't like it that way anymore..just like my girl when she was young. Her baby sitter also loved to tie her hair in different styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When grow up, they will have their own point of view..... make own decision.

      Delete
  9. wahhh your MIL really got sum kei to plait it. takes a long time leh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A long time to untie too. hahaa

      Delete
  10. Love it! Your MIL has done a terrific job in braiding XJ's hair. It's so neat and nice. I don't think my Chloe is patient enough to sit still so long for this hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....surprisingly, my girl was also patience to sit down for such a long hour. Really 'ai mei'.

      Delete
  11. Wah your MIL braided XJ's hair so neatly. Suddenly XJ has grown so much taller and not babyish anymore. And her hair is so long now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....kid's grew up fast hor.....I miss her baby times.

      Delete
  12. Nice! Looks like those braits ppl do in Bali. hehe
    I don't hv the patience to tie my girl's hair. Sometimes I'll complain when she requests for 2 ponytails. So most of the time, she goes to sch with just 1 ponytail. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only do 1 ponytail. haha......

      Delete
  13. Love her braids. Very nice. The instant noodles hair is nice too. I used to do this when I was younger. So happy to have those maggi mee hair tu back then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks wavy......i like the effect too....

      Delete
  14. wow, how very nice of your MIL. she has a lot of patience to braid her hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wah your MIL so "yao sum gai" to tie her hair and it look very neat too. Since XJ hair is long enough, you can tied up her hair like a bun. I think it would look good on her too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes...MIL did that bun on her too.....

      Delete
  16. wah.. a lot of effort... I like the after effect of plaited hair..

    ReplyDelete
  17. so nice of your MIL to put in so much effort to decorate her cucu's hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she got the skills too. If to me, I will just tie a normal pony tail.

      Delete
  18. haha the maggi hair looks not bad too :) naturally perm

    FiSh @ www.ohfishiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like that instant noodle hair too. haha....

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails