Friday, September 28, 2012

Pepper

They said as you grow, your tastebud tends to change. I find this statement is so true as I'm experiencing it.

Lately, I like to add pepper into my meals. I used to reject pepper when I saw my dad dashing a lot into his soup or noodles. He loves pepper a lot. Not knowly, I've fell for pepper too, just like him.

I will dash some into my dry wantan noodles and I find that extra delicious. Even the wantan soup must have lots of pepper before I drink it. It really gaves me a kind of satisfied feeling.

When having char kuey teow, I dash some pepper into it and I really enjoyed this new taste. It just makes the noodles tastier. However, hubby will not share with me because he doesn't like the peppery smell.

I started to introduce pepper to my kids and suprisingly, both like it. They will request for some when drinking soup or eating wantan noodles. But when comes to eating half boiled eggs, I will give pepper a skip because I still prefer a dash of soy sauce only.

Do you like pepper?

17 comments:

  1. yes, I love pepper too!! I grind my own pepper powder from white pepper seed to get the best out of the best! :D *high 5*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah..... So authentic by grinding own pepper powder.

      Delete
  2. Pepper does add to the taste of everything but then can be very "yit hei" also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh..... I remember during confiment time, MIL puts a lot os pepper into my soup. Both powder n seeds. Very spicy and i sweat a lot after drinking that soup. Haha

      Delete
  3. hmmm, i actually think it has to do with habit also when you sprinkle pepper on basically ANY food you take.. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't usually have that habit lah, but maybe once in a while i will do like that.. just for fun, hahaha!!

      Delete
    2. those normal white pepper doesn't really arouse my interest.. but if i see fresh peppercorn then i'll like to have some crushed onto my food, looks nicer and can enhance the taste too~~ :)

      Delete
    3. you remind me of my dad.. nothing happens for pepper, but he like to dip basically anything with soy sauce, when he eats, there must be a plate of soy sauce for him.. i guess it's habit than anything else..

      Delete
    4. when it comes to half boiled eggs, though i rarely eat that because i don't really fancy, i think soy sauce and pepper will make a good combination, haha..

      Delete
    5. Habit? I dun think so la. It is the taste that we need to satisfy our tastebud.... So have to add extra spices to spice up our food. My FIL also loves to dip meat or prawn in some soy sauce. Haha.......he enjoyed strong flavoured food.

      Delete
  4. One of my favourite too...to spice up the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food really taste better with a dash of pepper ya. I forgotto add. Even eating fries, i like to put pepper. Yummy!

      Delete
  5. I love pepper too, love it on my half boiled eggs. But my body wont be able to take too much of it as it's pretty heaty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....pretty heaty. Used to eat a lot of pepper during my confinement time.

      Delete
  6. I love to sprinkle pepper on my food too, but i don't encourage my girls to do that. I believe there is some side effect for consuming too much of pepper when young.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was small I love pepper...now I hardly take it unless for seasoning purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom likes adding pepper in all types of food, but me not really.

    I totally opp with you. The only food that I can't live without pepper is, Half Boiled Egg. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails