Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sleep

This morning, it was raining. It was cool and I was hoping to sleep a little bit longer, but still have to wake up because I need to get the kids ready for school and myself, to work. I was a bit reluctant to move until hubby gave me a soft kick signalling me that 'we are going to be late'.

It was true. We were a little bit late this morning. The traffic was crazy and most of the time, once I reached the traffic lights, it turned red ! Such a bad morning.

While driving, I began to think of this somebody who told me that she hardly sleeps at night. She is in her 50s. She even told me that sometimes, she couldn't gets to sleep. After tossing here and there, she still couldn't sleep. Was it aged ? Or was it because she took afternoon nap (not sure if she naps every day or only occasionally) and that effected her night sleeps ?

She even told me that she tried to sleep at around 9 pm and ended up, she woke up so many times in the middle of the night. Due to this, she changed her sleeping time to 10 pm ++ and sometimes, 11 pm. However, by 4 am, she will wake up to collect the newspaper at the gate. Her biological clock will wakes her up automatically. Once she woke up, she couldn't get back to sleep. She will do house work and watch tv to start off her day. As a summary, she only slept about 5 hours a day.

Every time, when I woke up from my sleep, I have the habit to count the number of hours I slept. haha.... I must make sure I sleep at least 7 hours a day. If I slept less than 7 hours, I will make sure I sleep early that night to recover my lost sleep, else I will feel uneasy. That goes the same to both my kids. I will always make sure they gets at least 8 hours of sleep. By 9pm, the lights will be off !

26 comments:

  1. I need beauty sleep too... at least 6 to 8 hours... I am always a baby when come to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get grumpy if my beauty sleep being disturbed. haha

      Delete
  2. 7 hours is very good..I hardly have that many hours..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will feel tired if I sleep less than 7 hours a day.

      Delete
  3. guess the older we get the less sleep we will get

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes....i heard a lot from the elderly.....I'm so afraid of that phrase later on....

      Delete
  4. I must get enough sleep or I will be very very grumpy! I sleep early - around 9-10 p.m. but I wake up early too - around 5 a.m. and after lunch, I would need to have a short nap. I sleep a lot!!!

    So, re. Kucing's comment, I guess I'm not old yet lah? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP, that's a very healthy lifestyle! Good that you sleep a lot. Sleep = rest = healthy. To me, you are not OLD yet.... haha.....

      Delete
  5. very true, this happens to me almost everyday.. i need the alarm clock to snooze like three times before i am willing to wake up.. hahaha!! that is why i set my alarm 30 minutes earlier so i can have enough time to laze around~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, so people just have problems sleeping.. i have a few friends they can never sleep at night most of the time, no matter how hard they try.. i think this is such a suffer..

      Delete
    2. your friend sleeps only 5 hours a day?? well, i think as long as she feels enough and have the energy to last through the day, then it really doesn't matter.. some people just sleep less, especially elder people..

      Delete
    3. hmmm, i don't go and calculate how many hours i have slept everyday lah, hahaha!! i normally sleeps around 11+ and then wake up around 8.. hahahaha!! like that more than 8 hours lah, sure enough.. sleep too much will get tired also lah, just right will do!! :D

      Delete
    4. Oh...now I know [SK] sleeps like a log. haha... Your sleeping hours are consider ok la...but some experts said we must sleep before 10pm because that was when our internal organs needed their rest. So dun over stress them by sleeping late.

      Delete
  6. oh ya when age getting up tend to sleep less ta night but will easily fall sleep during daytime, same like my MIL.
    Actually its matter your sleep is quality or not. We actually get fresh if we have longer deep sleep through out our sleeping time, although we sleep less hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if no disturbance in our sleep, we tends to wakes up fresher...

      Delete
  7. then you also sleep at 9 pm???

    Anyway, i think as people age, will sleep lesser at night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes....but most of the time, around 10pm.

      Delete
  8. Sigh, these days always raining i feel like sleeping more too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When rain comes, I really enjoyed my sleep. Cooling and I like to listen to the rain drops.

      Delete
  9. I'm also like you. I like to count the hours of sleep every day and try to make up for the loss but most of the time, tak jadi..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...after counting, makes ourselves more satisfied.

      Delete
  10. I always make sure I have enough sleep or else, headache will come to visit me the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh...i will experienced that too.....

      Delete
  11. I don't try to count the hours I sleep... I'll be more stress if I do.

    Just sleep whenever I feel like it and I have the habit to wake up early, more fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I sure scare insomnia, but now I am ok in my sleep, just wish to have longer sleeping time. I catch up my sleep loss, so I always nap in the afternoon on weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is always good to sleep early. I tried to practice that but if I slept earlier, I will tend to awake in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails