Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chicken Rice Ball & some talks

This morning, I went downtown to collect something from a supplier. On the way back, I decided to 'ta pau' hubby's favourite chicken rice ball for lunch later. Since MIL already cooked 3 dishes for our lunch, I just bought 1 portion to share. It should be more than enough.

3 rice balls + some chicken breast = RM4.80
What hubby likes about this chicken rice is not about the balls. The texture of the rice are softer but still taste as nice as the normal chicken rice. The MUST have item when eating this chicken rice ball are the sauces.

The MUST have cilli & special soy sauce
The cilli sauce are loaded with 'liu' unlike some chicken rice's cilli sauce are very watery. The sourness and spiciness just make the chicken rice ball extra delicious. Same goes to the special soy sauce. Every drop makes the rice and chicken tastier.

As I used to buy from this uncle, he seems to recognize me. The last trip when I 'ta pau' from him, he had a short conversations with me.

Uncle : Are you Hainanese ?
Me : No, I'm a Hokkien
Uncle : Oh........Before you eat my chicken rice, please remember to pour some soy sauce onto the chicken.
Me : Sure, I always did that. When I eat your chicken rice, I MUST have your soy sauce.
Uncle : A lot of people doesn't know how to eat my chicken rice. I must TEACH them. The soy sauce is very important.
* Paying money and collect my chicken rice *
Uncle : Remember to pour some soy sauce onto the chicken before you eat !

Today, when he saw me, he smiled and while chopping the chicken, he said...........

Uncle : What will be your main problem when coming to buy my chicken rice ?
Me : PARKING !
Uncle : Yes ! A lot of my customers asked me to shift because they had problem finding parking in this area (town area).
Me : ................... (coz I don't know how to answer him)
Uncle : And the parking meter 'eats' $$$
Me : * laugh* It's true. I had experienced a few times already. After I put in coins, the meter still indicate 0.00
Uncle : And the meter doesn't accept new coins. Never ever put the new coins into it. Else, it will be a waste. And remember to only put 10 cents to 'test' the meter first. If the meter is faulty, all you lose is only 10 cents. Write a piece of paper (ROSAK) and paste on the meter.
Me : I was 'bitten' once. Now, I have learned my lesson. I ALWAYS put 10 cents first before top up with a larger amount. The meter very 'fan shui' !
Uncle : That's the problem with the parking problem here. My customers always complaint to me. So I'm just doing my own survey to see what are the main problems. * smile *

He is such a friendly uncle.

29 comments:

  1. parking problem is seems everywhere in town.. guess you can suggest the uncle to do 'call and pick up' service... then no need find parking jor..

    btw, where is this chicken rice shop ah? can email me the address ah? nanti I go back Sban and eat..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wanted to suggest for uncle to open his stall in the hypermarket. Coz parking there free. haha

      The row of shops behind EuYanSang. Kedai Makanan Saudagar.

      Delete
  2. I'm wondering which shop too...

    I like the parking meters in Seremban... you put 10sen, you will get 10 minutes... just nice for short errands like tapau-ing food... that is if you can find a spot lah ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my reply above. Another branch will be directly opposite Public Bank (same row as OCBC). An old coffee shop.

      I prefer this type of parking meter too....but sometimes, have to be careful to spot faulty meters.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. This is Seremban style. Very nice.....try it when u r in town.

      Delete
  4. haha the uncle is cute. Can see he really enjoy his business and have very good connection with his customer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ya...i finds him amusing too. Happy to meet his customers.

      Delete
  5. i thot you went to Malacca to buy the chicken rice balls.. but this one looks bigger than the ones in Malacca, maybe that's why a portions come with three balls rather than five balls..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but frankly, i prefer the normal ones than the balls.. the balls is a little too wet and soggy to my liking (they have to be like that to make into balls that i understand).. i like to have my rice separated into biji-biji lah..

      Delete
    2. hmmm, i don't used to pour the dark soy sauce with my chicken rice leh.. in fact, i don't add in anything even the chili sauce.. just have them plain, the rice itself is flavorful for me even just eating the rice without the chicken i'm okay!! haha~~

      Delete
    3. the boss is very friendly woh, normally chicken rice stall boss are always busy chopping chicken and won't even entertain the customers.. haha!! maybe you "leng lui" so he talks to you~~ :p

      Delete
    4. Haha....Melaka's rice ball not this big la. S'ban style, eat 2 balls sudah very kenyang.

      Yes...the balls are soggy. But nice to eat too la...

      It is not dark soy sauce. Just soy sauce, but I believe the uncle got add something into it to make it taste nicer.

      Wah...eat chicken rice but dun eat the chicken....what chicken rice is that ? hahahah...... I would prefer the chicken over the rice. haha

      ya ya...this uncle very happy to entertain me. haha...

      Delete
  6. Why the balls not round one? I like friendly "uncles" - so many o fthem, if the business is good - rude and grumpy and fierce. I would never go back to buy or eat there anymore, never mind how nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. birds of the same kind mah.. friendly uncle likes friendly uncles~~ :p

      Delete
    2. hahaha....now, that u mentioned only I realised the balls are not round !

      Hmmm.....if the food are nice, i will still go back coz i have soft spot for good food. But this uncle is typical friendly. Like his service. haha

      Delete
    3. [SK] ~ agreed that STP is a very friendly uncle. If he is together with this chicken rice uncle, i think they have lots of things to talk.

      Delete
  7. Just thinking like suituapui why not round? Could be his trade mark for that kind of shape. Agree chili is most important. Love the chicken rice at my place where the stall has finely cut ginger and nice chili sauce. Good way of marketing his chicken rice with reminders on how best to get the best taste out of his product. Some uncles just could not be bothered even to acknowledge your order with a nod or yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you are back! How are you?

      I believe he uses his hand to mould the rice, thus not round. haha

      I love chicken rice with finely chop ginger too.... but they always give so little. I will have to ask for more. Some are happy to give, while some will give you those look !

      Delete
  8. Oh how I miss the chicken rice ball!! Yumz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are not much of different with normal chicken rice as long as their sauces are nice.

      Delete
  9. Chicken rice balls? I don't like chicken rice balls especially the ones from Melaka! But I guess after you put in the soya sauce and also the chili sauce it's yummy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why ? Melaka ones taste good too. The 2 sauces is a MUST.

      Delete
  10. Oh yeah, I always test parking meters with 10 sen coins. Learnt my lesson too! Once put in 50 sen coin and the machine swallowed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....I experienced that 50 cents too. Got so angry! Nowadays, smarter already. haha

      Delete
  11. I still prefer the normal chicken rice..I don't quite like the ball type..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like my mum, she prefer normal chicken rice. She said the ball types are too soggy to her liking.

      Delete
  12. oh ok behind eu yan sang eh? i know where. will tell my hubby. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This uncle sure knows his Marketing subject!?

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails