Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bus / Train

Sometimes, I can be very indecisive. A lot of views will appeared in my mind, making me confused or afraid to make a choice.

This coming Wednesday (14 Nov), I've decided to bring both kids back to my parent's home in Segamat, Johor. Since it was a school holidays, I took 4 days leaves to spend some quality time with my parents. Hubby couldn't afford to take any leave and I have to go back on my own with the kids. As for my boss, he showed an unhappy face but my leaves were granted !

To travel back to my hometown, there are only 2 transportation mode, i.e Bus or Train.

I've never travel by train back home before.

I quickly drove to the KTM and checked on the time and ticket price. The train will leaves at 10.20 am, 3.30 pm and 12.20 am. Journey took around 3 hours. Ticket price is at RM17 + for an adult and RM13 + for a child. Both my kids required tickets. Since I can't make up my mind to take train or bus, I did not buy any.

Later that night, I went to the bus station to check out the timing and ticket pricing. I was surprised that the buses that I used to take 10 over years ago no longer provide the service back to my hometown. I was advised of another coach company which I've never use their service before. Anyway, I went over and was told the bus will leave at 10.30 am and 3.30 pm only. Journey takes approx 3 hours as well. Price at RM11 + for adult and RM8 + for child. The ticketing staff even advised that XJ can sit on my lap, thus I doesn't need to buy any ticket for her.

For I wish to have a more comfortable seat, I do not wish to be separated with my kids. Sitting beside them gives me a more secure feeling. So I quite like the idea given by the ticketing staff.

I stood at the ticketing counter for a few minutes thinking whether to buy the tickets or not. Should I take bus or train ? Bus or train ?

Finally, I bought the bus tickets. I'm really looking forward to this trip and already have lots of plans in mind. I told mum I wanted to eat this and that. Mum gladly said "Let's go!"

Hope we will have a safe journey back home ................

18 comments:

  1. hahaha, i don't think this is indecisive lah, you are just trying to see which is the better option only right?? cos you have your own concerns that need to be addressed..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, taking a coach back?? you no afraid of the traffic congestion on the highway?? somemore you will have XJ to sit on your lap..

      Delete
    2. so you will be on leave the next whole week right?? since tuesday and thursday are holidays, so nice and i think a lot of people also take monday, wednesday and friday off for a long break..

      Delete
    3. have a great time back home at your hometown.. wow, thinking of the nice food already?? :p

      Delete
    4. 1. Actually, i'm really weighing the pros and cons before deciding....

      2. We only used old road (no highway). Hopefully, the journey will be a smooth ones.

      3. Yes...a long holidays!

      4. thks.....am really looking forward to this trip...

      Delete
  2. Have a safe and pleasant trip home. Bus or train, no matter...as long as one gets home safe and sound. 3 hours not very long...and fare so cheap.

    My daughter came back already, ,left the house in Butterworth at 7, flew from Penang at 9 to KLIA...and then to Kuching and then to Sibu, reached here around 3 p.m. Total expense on air ticket: Over RM1,000, one way - peak period, school holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my dad told me! haha... As long as we got home safely!

      Great that your girl is back.....hope she enjoys her holidays too....

      Delete
  3. that's nice..spending some time with your parents back home..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...quality times..... they too, looking forward to our arrivals ;)

      Delete
  4. arrr....not sure...well...safe trip to you and happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thks....... hope i will have time to update my blog and visiting blogs too.....

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thks....wait for more food photos to make you drool... hehehe

      Delete
  6. am sure your kids will be trill to go on a bus ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy your time... looks like you have lots of eating activities planned out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would prefer to take the train... although a bit more expensive, I think the ride and the journey would be more fun, esp for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure u've reached home safe n sound edi. How did the kids enjoy the bus ride? Does it hv a toilet on board? Hv a great hol!

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails