Saturday, November 10, 2012

Malay 'Mi hoon Sup'

My favourite 'mi hoon sup'  @ RM 3 / bowl
Till today, I still missed my secondary school canteen's meehoon soto. The chicken broth and 'sambal kicap' really makes the noodle so delicious.

I was glad, I managed to find a similar taste of delicious meehoon soto in a malay stall situated in the Seremban main Post Office (opposite KTM station). Over there, they named it 'Mi hoon Sup' because the cooked did not add the soto's spices. 

 
Sambal kicap is a MUST  !
The broth (don't know chicken or beef) was so flavorful and I always finished it till the last drop (forget about the msg added). They used fried chicken and the MUST have item is the 'sambal kicap'. It makes the soup a little bit spicy and have very strong garlic smell.

Whenever I visited the Post Office, I will sure have this bowl of 'Mi hoon Sup' for my breakfast. So far, I have never try the other items in their menu because this 'Mi hoon Sup' are just so irresistible to give a skip. 

18 comments:

  1. love it with lots of bean sprout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lots of bean sprout too.....

      Delete
  2. hahaha, i wonder if you can go back to your school and have that meehoon soto in the canteen?? so kepunan meh?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah, you described until so delicious, hahaha!! and very nice with so many beansprouts and the special thing is the fried chicken, sure more flavor like that..

      Delete
    2. and only RM3 a bowl, that's very cheap, but then i think the portion is not big also right?? else you may have problem clearing the entire bowl, haha!!

      Delete
    3. 1. Sadly, I've already shifted away from the town I was born and grown up. It's impossible to return to that school.

      2. Really delicious. Try it yourself and you will hooked onto it! (if u like spicy stuff la). haha...Yes...the fried chicken really makes the soup tastier.....

      3. Right, the portion is not big. Just nice for a simple breakfast. If for you, i think you will need to eat 3 bowls! Last year, only selling at RM2.50/bowl.

      Delete
  3. I can have this type of mee hun sup in our company cafetaria sometimes. I prefer those heavy spicy Malay noodle more, like mee bandung, mee laksam and mee curry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This noodle can be spicy too if you add a lot of sambal kicap into it.

      Delete
  4. Yes yes! I miss our school's mee hun soto as well... so i also often would order mee hun soto if i eat at malay stalls, but the standards may vary. at times, i could get real "shiok" ones too... but usually, the taste/kick just not there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.......I did that too......will order mee hoon soto when dined in a malay stall but most of them not as nice......

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. yes...really good with deep fried chicken + sambal kicap....

      Delete
  6. Is that keropok inside the soup? Seremban has got so many nice food and I am craving for the "fried mee hoon" with stew pork soup on top of your market which my friend once tapau for me from seremban...yumz!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not keropok....it is the fried chicken's skin. They chop the chicken into small pieces. Coincidentally, the skin was detached from the meat. haha.....

      U meant the 'yau yu maifan'? (sotong mee hoon). I don't really like it.

      Delete
  7. Yes the must have is the sambal kicap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so irresistible..........i felt like having a bowl now....

      Delete
  8. Sambal kicap? I didn't even know this makan place existed in town haha. Seldom go to that post office anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes, the sambal kicap is a must for noodle soup... also we cincah the sambal with goreng pisang sometimes.. hehehe..

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails