Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mee Siam and Kunyit Fried Chicken Wings

End of October, MIL went for a trip to China. Again, when the master chef was not around, I will head over to the kitchen to cook my favourite food. By using mum's recipe, I manged to whip up the below 2 dishes.

Mee Siam
I used 'agak - agak' method to cook and phew ! .......they turned out fine!

~ Cut dried shrimp into small pieces and fried with garlic till fragrance.
~ Add in prawns, squids and fried beancurd (tau gua) and stir.
~ Add 1 tablespoon of fermented bean paste and stir.
~ Add in a little bit of water, add in mee hoon (soaked earlier) and stir fried.
~ Add a little bit of tomato sauce & cilli sauce (I omitted this as my kids doesn't dare to eat spicy food) and a little bit of dark soy sauce.

* I did not buy taugeh and spring onions so my fried mee siam doesn't have greens in them *


Kunyit Fried Chicken Wings
I love chicken wings especially deep fried chicken wings. YX prefers breast meat just like hubby while XJ enjoyed those bones and skins just like me !

~ Seasoned the wings overnight with some salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of kunyit powder.
~ Deep fried them till golden brown.

* It will be nice if the wings are seasoned with cilli paste. I did not put that due to my kids *

Hubby and the kids polished everything. I was happy because all my hard work did not goes to the bin ! Looking at the chicken wings, I so feel like eating fried chicken now.


23 comments:

  1. Oh, so you were the chef for several days? Kunyit fried chicken looks delicious, but I would prefer more kunyit, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid too much of kunyit powder will covers the chicken taste.....

      Delete
  2. ya the chicken wings looked good. must be very nice...too bad, i like to eat, but don enjoy the deep frying process, whole kitchen very oily ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first time frying! haha.... i think oven bake will be tasty too......you may try.

      Delete
  3. Hui Li, you can really cook well. Both mee siam and fried chicken wings look delish to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan, thks for that compliment. I don't really know how to cook.....Before I enter the kitchen, i called mum for assistance. Luckily both dishes turned out fine. haha

      Delete
  4. Hmmm...not the Singapore nyonya mee siam. That one is soooo nice but so much work. I wouldn't dare to try and cook it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really that much work comparing to cooking laksa ! I love Laksa Johor but dare not cook my own because too much of things to prepare.

      Delete
  5. You are not bad of a cook huh? If you can use the 'agak-agak' method then you are good. I'm not good at that. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...agak-agak less stressful. No need to refer to recipe book. Just have to make sure all ingredients sufficient..... then can play masak masak already.

      Delete
  6. oh, two of my favorite food!! i just love fried beehoon, any style, can never get tired of that.. and i can eat a lot also lah, hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the chicken wings also, i prefer this type without batter.. love them marinated and then straight away deep fried.. but i would say, the darker the color the more i like, haha~~

      Delete
    2. sure your hubby and kids polished everything lah.. i think they make a good combination in all events.. just like we always have them during parties, agree?? :D

      Delete
    3. 1. Maybe next time u can try my mum's recipe. With dried shrimp and fermented bean paste, the mee hoon sure taste superb regardless who's the chef.

      2. I like fried chicken without batter too. I was afraid the chicken will burnt, so scoop them up once they turned brown. Should have fried a little longer.

      3. haha..parties ? ya lar..... we can find these 2 dishes in most of the parties!

      Delete
  7. Wah! Your kunyit fried chicken looks delicious! Anything home cook is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheaper too~! The above chicken wings cost me RM1 each only.

      Delete
  8. Yeah I love dried shrimp in my meehoon, the combination is so prefect. Your chicken wings look so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Myself prefer boney too than meat.. but sometimes hungry, opt for drumstick.. don't really like breast..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm nice mi siam . hard to find good ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. at least your agak agak method works

      Delete
  11. I can imagine the nice aroma from these two dishes....mmmm, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. both mee siam and chicken wings looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your chicken wings look really good wor!!! i usually use those Kentucky powder to fry. Hmm..should give your recipe a try soon!

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails