Thursday, January 10, 2013

Orientation

11 Nov 2012
We went to YX's primary school to buy activity and exercise books. At the same time, we collected his textbooks which we borrowed from his school. His class had already been specified. A total of 4 primary one classes and each class has 33 students.

Orientations 
On the 28th Dec 2012, I accompanied YX to attend his primary school's orientation day. Hubby was at work, so I have to go alone. The orientation started at 9 am and ended around 11 + am. First, all students were being asked to queue up at the basketball hall according to their respective class. I was glad he cooperated and queued up while I was watching him from afar. None of his kindergarten friends were in the same class.

We were being led to the assembly hall (with air con) where the headmaster gave a speech. All students occupied the front rows while the parents, at the back. Due to the school have some Indians and Malays students, the headmaster uses bilingual in his speech. I could see those new students were really excited and all looked so cute in their uniforms.

After the speech, students were brought for a tour at the school premises before going to their respective classroom while the parents stayed back in the assembly hall to complete a survey form. After we handed up the survey form, we were only allowed to go to the classroom. When I arrived at YX's class, I was worried as I did not see him around. I made sure I check thoroughly and even checked the 2 other classes next to his class before I informed his class teacher. I was told another primary one classroom is in the next block of the building and was glad that I found him there. 3 of his classmates were with him too, stranded in a wrong class!

Back to his classroom, we were basically waiting for his teacher to attend to every students based on their name. As YX's surname is TAN, he was listed towards the end of the lists. What the teacher did was to collect the form with our particulars (given during buying book session in Nov), gives out student's badges and collect the school's donation of RM20. Health Book was also given out to note down all the injections YX received when he was a baby and also for future use when the government clinic teams performed check up in the school. The Health book is to be kept until YX completed his Secondary school. 

During the orientation, YX was doing fine. Even he went to the wrong classroom, he did not cry nor make any fuss. He just gave me a silly smile and seems excited over primary school.   

To be continued .................

28 comments:

  1. Mommy must be excited too. All the best to YX for yet another new milestone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes....indeed, I'm very excited. haha

      Delete
  2. My May's school orientation was on 31 December. I also went alone with her that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best to May in primary. A new chapter of life began.

      Delete
  3. These days, going to school also got orientation one. My time in the old days, just went by ourselves...walked from home to the nearby school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....i heard this many many times already from my parents.

      Delete
  4. Maybe he didn't realize he went to wrong class, since all classmates looked new... Hehehe

    But it's quite good that there is even orientation in M'sia schools...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad there was orientation. Else, I will be blur blur on the first day.

      Delete
  5. Only now I know that going to Primary school also has an orientation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I thought Ryan is in primary too ?

      Delete
  6. Both of us are going through the same steps this year! Both our kids are in standard 1. Haha. So we can exchange stories lar. hehe. Glad to hear that he did fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ya.....hope to read more stories from your blog.....

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear that YX is adapting well to his new school =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially, I was really worried for him.... but now, all my worries were just unnecessary.

      Delete
  8. Oh the first part same like my school orientation too. Luckily you able to find him. How come his class teacher doesn't aware of that incident. I thought different class will wearing different color name tag right? The other class teacher also too busy to aware that 3 students walk in wrong class huh. Well just a little incident, glad he is fine and still smile happily. Happy Schooling ya YX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Primary 1 wearing the same colour name tag. Ya...teacher not aware until I notified them....

      Delete
  9. i thought all the skol in seremban will be crowded, but urs one seems ok, overall only 33 pax per class..

    and the skol hv better arrangement for their new students..at least a mth b4 already collected all the book and necessity..

    hope ur boy enjoy skol as much as my boy enjoy the skol canteen..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seremban got a few primary schools within the same area.....which is good so every school not so crowded.

      Haha....my boy will soon enjoy the school canteen....let's wait and see.

      Delete
  10. he is brave boy. LOL....not scared when when into wrong class room ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was surprised that he did not cry....haha

      Delete
  11. Happy schooling, YX! Chloe will miss schooling in Malaysia....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya....i read about your status in FB the other day. Enjoy your new life.....I'm sure Chloe will be doing fine in a brand new place.

      Delete
  12. You must be excited for the kids first day at school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, very excited until couldn't sleep well for the 1st few nights. haha...

      Delete
  13. How was the 1st 2 wks of sch? I'm sure YX's adapting well, since he's very "steady" during Orientation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is adapting well so far.......

      Delete
  14. I'll be going through all these next year. Dreading it leh..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Ethan will do fine..........

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails