Monday, January 21, 2013

Primary One 2013 ~ Day One

The day I was waiting anxiously arrived. On the 2nd January, school reopens. YX is all ready to enter the next chapter of his life. We woke up at 6 am so we have ample time to get ready for school. We doesn't want to be late on the 1st day of school, thus we left home at 6.45 am. The school is just located 5 minutes drive away from home but it rained that day. So I can foreseen bad traffic jams.

True enough, the main road leading to the school was super packed. What more, we have to pass by 2 traffic lights and eventually, it took us about 15 minutes to reach the school. Not bad at all since we were still 25 minutes early ! I trained YX by dropping him at the drop off area and asked him to wait for me there alone while I looked for a parking space. At first, he was very reluctant. But I scared him by telling him there were a long line of cars waiting behind me. He must get off fast as others need to drop off their kids too. He quickly opened the car door and jumped down. haha.....

Finding a parking was not a problem and I quickly walked to the drop off area to look for my boy. Upon seeing him, I could sensed he was relief but I was shocked because of all places, he was standing in a pool of water with his bag 20% dipped into the water ! I quickly alerted him only to find that he wasn't even aware of that pool of water. *slap forehead*. Thank goodness only the outer layer of his school bag was wet.

We went up to his classroom (on the 1st floor) and since we were early, many of his classmates were not there yet. YX got the privileges to choose his seat ! He choose the side, front row. The classroom lighting and ventilation is good. All four corners are doors and both sides are windows. Tables and chairs are all plastic and are still in good conditions. 

Soon, 2 prefects came to instruct all students to assemble at the basketball court. It was the first day of school, so obviously, there was an assembly. Parents were allowed to sit at the side of the hall. Some Year One students started to cry and hung on to their parents. I was glad YX cooperates and queued up together with his classmates. No tears, no fuss.

Back to his classroom, teacher started the lessons. Teacher doesn't seems too happy to see parents standing outside the classroom and asked us to wait in the canteen. I waved bye bye to YX and suddenly, he cried ! His tears rolled down his cheek and he shook his head asking me not to leave. I thought he was ok, since he was all fine from the start (drop off area and assembly) and I never expected him to cry ! Teachers started to get impatient and I had to leave fast.

While in the canteen, I took the opportunity to try their food. Tasted not too bad. Many parents were having their breakfast there too. A bowl of noodle soup / dry / fried cost RM 1.20. Initially, we planned to give YX RM 1 / day but turned out it was too little.

I checked with the canteen's aunty and was told that they do cater food. Without hesitating, I quickly catered food for YX and was given a table number 74. Food will be placed on the table few minutes before recess time and YX will needs to find his number and eat what was served. It was a great idea.

At 10.15am, it was recess time and I waited for YX by the staircase. Once he saw me, he smiled. I accompanied him until the end of his recess time (10.45 am) before I left for work. He was fine. I believed he already made some friends. At 1.40 pm, MIL went to fetch him back. 

26 comments:

  1. great idea. Too bad my school time they dont have this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya...my school doesn't have those arrangement from the canteen too.... I had to bring bread to eat everyday. So boring. haha

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! Good to read about YX's new school life~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he will enjoy school ...... more activities will be introduced later on......hope to keep him busy. haha

      Delete
  3. I only worry about flies on the food as they'll be unguarded until the kids sit and eat right? How clean can it be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries at all. They used a mini 'tudung saji' to cover the food.

      Delete
  4. Those were the days...and all too soon, it is all over. My daughter's graduated now...and looking back, those were the best years of our lives. Wish we could turn back the clock...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....u should look forward, not backward! haha..... I think, at present, your lives is better. No more rushing here and there.

      Delete
  5. It is nice to have catering system in the canteen, at least parents don't have to think of what to pack for their children daily :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes...that solved my problems I was having earlier.

      Delete
  6. I tried school canteen fried rice, tasteless. They claim no adding MSG wor. But still I cater lunch for Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....the fried rice so bad huh? But as long as can keep the kid's tummy full, no choice. Just give her better food for dinner.

      Delete
  7. Everyone is blogging abt their kids' first day of school. I'm a little left behind here as Chloe will only start her first day after CNY here in Shanghai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all looking forward to know your new life in Shanghai.......

      Delete
  8. The teachers edi started lessons on the 1st day of sch? Vy efficient wor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the assembly, headmaster already announced in order to save time, lessons will start immediately! I think most Chinese schools are kiasu type la. haha

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear that YX is adapting well in big school. I catered food from the canteen for our boy the 1st year and the system was similar like YX's school. It's better that way until he is familiar with his school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty like the catering idea. No need to 'fan' what to pack for him everyday!

      Delete
  10. the catering was so convenient, so senang now.... last time our school mana ada catering ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya...very convenient. And the menu changed everyday. Mon-meehoon soup, Tue- hakka mee, Wed- porridge, Thur- Wantan mee, Fri - western food (but I changed fried noodle/meehoon for him).

      The western food consists of fries, 2 pcs fried nuggets & 1 fried egg. I tried once and it was very oily.

      Delete
  11. I think this catering thing only happens in chinese school lol. Cos I don't hear about this from my colleagues whose children go to kebangsaan school. Anyway, I also catered for my girl..;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With this catering, it is very convenient.

      Delete
  12. Glad to read that everything runs smoothly for YX :-). Wow the school hall has aircond, so nice :-). My boy too, always splash over puddles as if they're not there *slap forehead*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only sch hall. How nice if classroom also air-cond. haha... but then, we parents might need to pay for it. haha

      Delete
  13. Wow, got catering service! And canteen nowadays more exp too... Is the portion big?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half of what was served outside. Just nice for kids / small eater. Nowadays, I also bought my breakfast from the sch canteen.

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails