Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Smartphone

I've been planning to get a smartphone to upgrade myself a few months back. However, I do not know which to buy and what telcos to choose.

During the long Chinese New year's break, I suddenly had the urged to get one immediately. Hubby and I went to one of the telcos company to check out their packages. Shocked by their high monthly commitment fees, I pulled myself back. Quite disappointing when I left the premises.

I really can't imagine my monthly phone bills will shoot up sky high as my current usage is only around RM30. Pretty low huh!

Long story cut short, I still went forward to buy one smartphone without any line at the moment. The phone is amazing. It is easy to use and with WiFi easily available at my side, I can still put the phone in good use.

Should I sign up for a line? I think it is still important to get that done soon, just in case there is no WiFi available. Hmmm......will seriously think about it.

And with this new gadget, I hope I can keep my blog up to date :-)

13 comments:

  1. I have to get a smartphone because I need some important apps to communicate with my bosses when they are oversea.

    Yes..my phone bill also very low but after signing up the package,I fully utilize the phone.ahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you and family a very Happy Chinese New Year!

      Delete
    2. Data packages doesn't comes cheap. But if u really need them for work, then it is really useful. Happy new year to u n family.

      Delete
  2. congrats on the upgrade! and welcome to the club!

    In the beginning when I first start using a Smartphone, I use those pay when use internet service.. I got charged only when I use the 3G services.. other time, I use Wifi... check that out as an option if you have wifi most of the time, then don't need to sign up for a plan.. unless you have got most of your friends on apps which then required the upgrade..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....thanks. I'm glad I'm now in the club.

      Delete
  3. Sign up for a line lah, good that you are connected hahaha.
    I still using my old phone, planning to get a smartphone too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I changed to smartphone when my old phone died abruptly. Take up the package for RM50+ inclusive of free call and data up to ?? something something, haha. I'm not well verse of the package, I leave it to my hubb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that your old phone die at the right timing so u can upgrade yourself.

      Delete
  5. i guess if you do not need to be online all the time,you can still fully utilize your phone when there is WIFI available. I didn't sign up any package. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thks for sharing. Indeed I have WiFi in both office n home. So am thinking to sign or not to.......expenses are increasing all the time.

      Delete
  6. Maxis has this RM50 for 2gig data and that is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about phone calls? I believed they charge more on voice calls .

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails