Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cantonese Songs

I'm not really good in Cantonese. Back in my hometown, you can hardly hear people speaking this dialect. So, when I first arrived in KL for studies, I had a hard time adjusting myself in a whole new environment where Cantonese was widely used.

Regardless of how difficult to master this dialect, I realized that I've fell in love with a few Cantonese songs. Even I do not understand what the song means and can't even sing along as the pronunciation was so difficult, but the songs were so attractive. They just made me wanted to listen more and more. I was glad I found an apps (KKBOX) via Andriod so I could download those wonderful songs into my phone and I can just listened to them whenever I felt like it.

A few songs which I really like .........

1) Kay Tse ( 谢安琪 )

* 你們的幸福 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ * 大城小動 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ * 雨過天陰


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 2) Chilam Cheung ( 張智霖 ). He has got killers dimples...... * 祝君好 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 3) Twins + Boyz * 死性不改

20 comments:

  1. Oh then what dialect you're good at?
    Me too love Cantonese songs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Hokkien. And in my kampung, most ppl speak Hokkien too....

      Delete
  2. hehe, luckily i am quite good in Cantonese as i grow up watching those TVB drama series and my siblings speaks in Cantonese at home.. but i am actually a Teochew~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i can see you like Kay Tse very much huh?? yeah, her songs are more classy than most of the cantopop, and she also sings mandarin songs.. some of the songs i like from her are 囍帖街, 活著, 雨過天陰, 年度之歌, 祝英台 etc and her mandarin song 脆弱..

      Delete
    2. wow, this 祝君好 from Chi Lam!! good, this is one of my all time favorite song.. so touchy and so sweet.. that drama series is also very nice to watch..

      Delete
    3. actually come to think of it, as long as the song is nice, i don't care what it's singing, i am more for the rhythm than the lyrics.. haha~~

      Delete
    4. 1. Oh...so can u speak Teochew ?
      2. Yes....Kay's voice are amazing....so sweet. Thks for sharing the other songs
      3. haha.....din know Chilam will get u all excited ! I thought he only attract female fans. I like that drama a lot too....and this song....my all time fav. He got killer dimples too....so handsome!
      4. haha....but the meaning of the songs are important too.....i always wanted to know what's the meaning. Songs from Fan Wei Chi is fantastic too !

      Delete
  3. Dunno Cantonese. My Mandarin's not good either but I do have some favourite Mandarin songs and singers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sibu doesn't speak Cantonese ? I think Hokkien are widely used over there too.

      Delete
  4. I love Cantonese songs too. Long time never listen already. So I'm quite outdated now. I don't know this Kay Tse wor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay was the one who sang Wedding Invitation Street (hei tip kai). From that song I got to know her......

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I love that song a lot too......her voice really amazing.....

      Delete
  6. Hahahah, my all times favorite Canto songs are still of Leslie's,Jakie Chung's and Anita's and Eason also not bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....same like my hubby, he prefers those classic. He also likes Alan Tam's songs....

      Delete
  7. I used to like Cantonese songs. But nowadays I listen more to English songs. I also like Thai and Korean songs without understand a word the singers are singing haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....just like SK said, no need to understand the lyrics. Just listened to the rhythm and the voice of the singer, enough.

      Delete
  8. hahaha..me terbalik...more bias to cantonese song :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. i seldom listen to cantonese song....

    ReplyDelete
  10. suddenly share so many songs... wanna go sing Karaoke already, is it???

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails