Friday, March 15, 2013

Her first piece of GOLD

Putting on her 1st pair of pure gold earrings. 

In August last year, XJ had her ear pierced. I've blogged about it over here. I still remember Yan commented that I should buy her pure gold / white gold in exchanged with the original earrings used during the piercing process to avoid infections.

In Dec (which was 4 months after the piercing), XJ complained of itchiness on her ear lobes. I noticed they were swollen and red. I quickly removed her earrings and cleaned her ears with mild salt water. MIL advised me not to remove the earrings but to apply oil around her ears. However, seeing her suffering like that, I insisted to remove the earrings.

Then, I remembered Yan's comment and on that weekends itself, hubby and I went to the gold shop to buy a pair of pure gold earrings for this princess. Instead of choosing something with a stopper at the end of the earrings, we chose the circle shaped one. At least, it won't collect dirt around the stopper. That pair of gold earrings cost RM85 nett which is consider cheap.


XJ was delighted when I showed her the gold earrings. Immediately after she put on the gold earrings, her infections disappeared. Luckily she is not allergic to GOLD !

No more infections ! Phew......

22 comments:

  1. hey, this type of earring is what most girls are wearing at school.. no wonder, and i now know the reason behind..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....without the stopper, it is cleaner.

      Delete
  2. yeah, i think it's important to keep the earlobe hygienic all the time since there is a cut there.. but then it took XJ 4 months to get infected?? i thot it would be immediately..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The infections did not come that fast la. As the dirt collected around the earrings, slowly, the ear got infections. Moreover, water trapped there during bath time also contributed to the infections.

      Delete
  3. anyway, great that you did not listen to your MIL, haha!! with this new pair of earring, XJ looks more cheerful now and i bet she loves GOLD~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MIL was afraid the hole might closed up.

      Delete
  4. luckily she didn't asked for a pair of diamond earrings huh?? because diamonds are girls' best friends~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha..... she only knows diamond is a SHAPE which she learned in school.

      Delete
  5. My girl got infection too after the pierced her ears. At the end I found a remedy online, apply antibiotic eyes ointment. It work wonderful and it dried up & heal after few days. Now she is wearing round earrings like your girl but in silver :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time, I had the infections too.... and I regretted removing my earrings because now, the hole closed up already :(

      Delete
  6. Er, I'll wait till my girl is older before bringing her for ears piercing.

    Glad to hear that XJ experiences no problem after changing to gold earring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your girl will be happy with the piercing. Every girl loves to be pretty. haha...

      Delete
  7. reminds me last time my first earing was round like this too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The round shaped at least won't collect dirt around the earrings. I pretty like this shape too....

      Delete
  8. Ooooo...so pretty! Your little girl is growing up now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. She is growing up too fast.....

      Delete
  9. Pretty pretty!

    Luckily no allergy.. So next time can buy more gold earrings for her already! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hayley. Err...I think her next piece of GOLD will be during her marriage. haha

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. You can standby a pair for Hebe soon....

      Delete
  11. oh so adorable. mine still dare not go for this at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, She will ask for it when she grows up a little more.... Every girl loves to be pretty. haha

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails