Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ladies night out

Thanks to the smartphone and those incredible apps, we started a WeChat group with some old friends and that leads us to discuss about gathering, and we actually made it HAPPENED ! I can consider this as my 1st gathering after I left school many many years ago. Since I've shifted away from my hometown once I'd completed my SPM, I was always missing from their CNY gathering. Actually, we did met once, 2 years ago during LF's wedding cum celebrating Mummy-J's baby and my kids' birthday. That was a party cum gathering.

On the 20 Apr, we specially spare our time for this gathering only. Our plan was to meet up at Ah See's Wantan Shop, have dinner there before proceeding to another place for supper. As I traveled down after work on Saturday, I was afraid I would be late for the meet up. Glad that the journey was smooth and everything turned out well as planned. Hubby and my parents took the kids with them while I had my ME-time with the ladies. SL and Mummy-J too, leave their kids and hubby at home ( :

Before LF brought us to her usual hang out place for supper, her mum treated us with 2 plates of delicious fried wantan. For our supper, we had some dishes recommended by LF and fresh fruit juice. It was good to catch up with old friends as we could update each other on our lives and also to be happy to see them all healthy and successful. It was such a blessing.  

Our gathering ended at around 12.30 am and surprisingly, I was not sleepy at all for a person who always sleeps before 11 pm !

We hope this gathering will be an annual one but if only time permits since many of us are working in a different town and some with work plus family commitments.

Thanks to SL for the delicious heong peah and LF for the awesome fresh wantan.

Thank you ladies for that wonderful night out.

SP, we missed you this gathering. Hope you can make it next time ( : 

19 comments:

  1. Glad to know you had a wonderful gathering with yr friends. Yes, love those apps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those apps are incredible. Connect us all ! haha

      Delete
  2. yeah, i agree with you.. social media and communications is so useful now that they help link all of us together..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...no matter how far apart we are, we still can connect to each other.

      Delete
  3. great that you are able to make it to meet up with your old friends.. it must have been a great catch up, and also good food, haha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveled down all the way from S'ban because of gathering and food. Sometimes, such a trip is really worthwhile.

      Delete
  4. no photos taken?? too busy chit chatting already i guess.. and you only wish once a year, must be more regularly la~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only mummy-j took the photos as I did not bring down my camera. Phone camera too dark. I agreed, must do more regularly but then, no time : (

      Delete
  5. LOL....nice meet up leh now techno age. everything also can be arranged

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. haha...u can hop over to mummy-j's blog :)

      Delete
  7. Good that hubby offers to look after the kids while you have a girl night out. :) I seldom have girls night out, maybe about once or twice a year. Most my girlfriends are in other cities working. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can use those apps and make arrangement ! haha...we are all from other town too...purposely made a trip to hometown for the meet up.

      Delete
  8. Nice gathering and catch up with you friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that we managed to make it happened! So looking forward for the next one...dunno when.

      Delete
  9. yah lar... eh, never update me what are the progresses with everybody???

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails