Thursday, April 4, 2013

Never ending dramas at home

Nowadays, whenever friends or relatives saw me and the kids, the first thing they will say was "Wah, your kids so grown up ! You 'senang' already."

In fact, it is true that I'm more 'senang' as they are capable to do many things on their own. They are more independent and doesn't need much help from me. Sometimes, they are just like angels, so lovable, so adorable.

However, when 'wars' between them began, it was really a huge headache! Our house have never ending dramas everyday.

Yesterday, once we reached home after work, we found XJ sleeping on the sofa. MIL said she did not take her nap plus she was being provoked by YX, cried till sleep. We asked what happened and YX quickly defended himself by saying mei mei snatched a book with him.

When we probed further, we found that it was XJ kindy's book which they were both fighting for. YX then said he saw XJ using colour pencils drawing the last page of her kindy's book. Instead of being an elder brother to advise her not to do so, YX joined her to draw. XJ did not allowed her brother to draw her book, thus, the fights began.

Worst, the book was torn with it's skin dropped out which leads XJ to cry profusely until she fell asleep.

I think MIL is immuned to their daily 'war' and she leaves to us to sort out with the kids.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a separate story which I wanted to jot down for remembrance. This morning, I don't know whether to laugh or to be angry. As usual, we will dropped YX at school before going to work. So, I told YX to take his school bags and goes to the car. Instead of moving, he stood at the doorway watching cartoon! XJ was awake and was watching cartoon in the living room at that time.

Tired of shouting at him, I took my belongings and walked towards the car. I started the ignition, open the gate and shut my car door ! YX suddenly realized I was leaving without him and shouted for me to wait for him. One hand holding his school bags and another hand holding 1 side of his shoe, he rushed towards the car with tears in his eyes. He had since wore another side of his shoe earlier.

No need to shout, no need to scold but makes me wanna laugh. Action really speaks louder than words !   


29 comments:

  1. that's good tactic..I used to do that too when my kids were young..threaten them once and they will really behave in future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes....we do need to threaten them once in a while......

      Delete
  2. I'm in that situation now... I say once, two.. and off I will go... Don't want to start all the shouting and stuff... lazy jor... if my girl want to follow, she will go get things done quickly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning, I did not even count the 1,2..... so lazy to talk and shout since he won't be listening anyway.

      Delete
  3. hahaha, kids will be kids.. i think they will quarrel and they will fight, but then the next moment, they will be loving brother and sister again.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha..ya....when XJ woke up from her sleep, they became best of friends again.

      Delete
  4. i think sometimes we just do not have to bother them if they are doing no harm, cos when they did not manage to get attention from the adults, they will sure stop automatically..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do agree with this. Kids are always seeking for attentions.

      Delete
  5. the more we adults try to intervene, the worse things will get.. that is what i think.. so rather, the "action speaks louder than words" strategy works, agree?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but cannot do that all the time also....later it won't work anymore.

      Delete
  6. that is why i like your second story, if you keep reminding them and pushing them, they feel annoyed and unwilling.. just drive your car out ditching them behind, and they will feel anxious and will follow straight on~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ya....i was glad this morning I did not shout like a crazy woman. I choose to keep quiet and walked off..... he eventually followed behind, anxiously! hahaha

      Delete
  7. guess at one time or another kids will fight but blood is thicker than water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are best of friends again. Hug and played with each other.

      Delete
  8. LOL...the TV scenerio happens many times to J.

    Just recently the father call him say its time to go home. He was in playland but he ignored him. so the father just walked away....straight he scrambling run out of playland grab his shoes and into the lift....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah....I believed in future J won't dare to do that anymore. GO means GO. haha.....

      Delete
  9. at least u have two kids to cari gaduh with each other. my daughter nobody to gaduh with her, end up gaduh with me....hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh, both kids also cari gaduh with me. Nowadays, grown up already. Knows how to talk back and argue! Pening.

      Delete
  10. Haha it's totally normal! Siblings fight, but they love each other deep down ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many mummies told me their anak anak also fight at home. Fight for big and little things. haha....

      Delete
  11. Haha, it's like that lor...siblings who don't fight are "not normal". I also fought a lot with my brother last time. My poor C doesn't have anyone to fight with so she is super timid and very easily get bullied outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw Mummy-j's comment ? Her little girl will cari gaduh with her ! haha.... My anak, especially my girl will cari gaduh with me too. She can really argue!

      Delete
  12. All part and parcel of it all - and I'm sure you would not give it all up for anything in the world. That's life and that's family love for you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...they are the roots of my life!

      Delete
  13. Understand how you felt after coming home from work. Went the time we get really tired and suddenly this never ending dramas.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Somehow, kids are like that fight even a lil things. Hey, my Hebe gal also the same... "tak nak kalah" one... fight with her kor kor sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just like you said, after a sleep or tomorrow morning wake up... they are friends again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, so the book's cover can be stapled back, right?
    the 2nd story was quite funny, but it must have been nerve-wrecking for YX...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Same goes to my house, everyday different series drama on air. Action, crying, comedy & etc.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails