Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Seafood lunch

Besides than me having the gathering, dad who followed us to BP met up with an old family friend too. Uncle H who was in his 70s now, was such a hospitality person, drove us around BP. 

After having that delicious bowl of kuey chap, we proceeded to Segenting, a seaside which I've blogged about it before. It was drizziling that day. A very good weather for us as the weather recently was crazily HOT & HUMID !

Salted egg crabs
Uncle H loves seafood but unfortunately, he was allergy to them. He still eats in minimal and asked us to finished off everything. He recommended the salted egg crabs which was super delicious and meaty. I had a great time eating the crab even at times, there was some stinky smell blown by the winds. This restaurant was located besides the sea. Click here and you will understand where the smells came from.

'Kam Heong' giant mantis prawn
Uncle H also recommended this giant mantis prawn which he said was a MUST order whenever he dined there. The mantis prawn was deep fried and later stir fried ala kam heong style. To me, I prefer the crab more as I finds the meat of the mantis prawn a bit bland. Nevertheless, it was worth ordering as it was fresh and that makes the flesh chewy. Have those 'chop chop chop' effects. haha

Fried noodles
To complete a meal, Uncle H ordered a plate of fried noodles and a plate of fried kuey teow (not in the pic). Nothing special about the noodle though but my little girl enjoyed her meal that day as she is a 'noodle girl'. She preferred noodles over rice. Uncle H also ordered fried oyster omellet and a plate of belacan kangkung which I'd forgotten to take the pictures because my hand was busy peeling the crabs !

Not only treating us a wonderful lunch, Uncle H gave my kids a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates ! Thank you Uncle H and wish you are blessed with good health ! 

20 comments:

  1. your bp 3rd blog post.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ! I was quite free that day, so I scheduled all the posts!

      Delete
  2. The salted egg crabs look yummy. I use to order this flavour too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer marmite ....the salted egg ones also ok. As long as crab, they are delicious. haha

      Delete
  3. mNhL, I just posted about the seafood restaurant you would love to go to? at Taiping remember?

    And here I see seafood photos again... I like mantis prawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...yes. I do remember. Will hop over soon to check it out. I love seafood!

      Delete
  4. wow, so your trip back to BP can be considered as a gastronomic trip?? haha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really a gastronomic one...coz we eat and eat and eat.... actually, still have many we had not eaten yet!

      Delete
  5. i love that salted egg crabs!! actually i like the salted egg gravy more than the crab because i'm always very lazy to shell the crab~~ haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. adui...the best part from eating crab is to shell them while eating. haha

      Delete
  6. the mantis prawns looks good too, and looking at how they are cooked i can tell they are actually quite fresh huh??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very fresh. The flesh are so bouncy!

      Delete
  7. Your Uncle H is so nice. That is one scrumptious meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uncle H is indeed a very nice person. An old family friend.

      Delete
  8. Yummy salted egg crab!! I prefer eating unfried prawns though : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U prefer steam type ? As long as they are seafood, I wallop everything. haha

      Delete
  9. ai...mouth watering dish! i'm interested in the mantis prawn, look scary but want to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails