Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mushroom soup

This is my 2nd attempt in preparing mushroom soup. The first time was using Mummy-J's recipe which I've blog over here. What a coincidence as it was in July too !

For this, I'd google for the recipe and decided to try it since I have all the required ingredient.

INGREDIENT  
1. One Bombay onion
2. Some button mushrooms
3. Some butter
4. 1 tbsp all-purpose flour 
4. About 200 ml chicken stock (I pre-boiled for about 1.5 hour)
5. Some fresh milk
6. Some salt and pepper to taste 

I sliced / diced the onions and mushrooms to my desired sizes. 

Bombay onion and diced button mushrooms
Before that, I pre-boiled some chicken stock.

Chicken stock
Instead of pan fried the onions and mushroom, I used the toaster - oven to toast them. I greased the plate with some butter before placing the onions and mushrooms. Then, I scooped more butter and placed them on top.

Baked onions with mushrooms with some butter in the oven
I toasted roughly around 15 minutes. Water will oozed out from the mushroom but continue to toast until they dried up. Occasionally, I checked the oven to make sure the onions and mushrooms did not burnt !

Tick...tock...tick...tock......baking in progress
Once done, I sprinkled with some all-purpose flour and mixed them thoroughly. Then, I poured the onions and mushrooms into the chicken stock and let it simmer for a while. Finally, I poured in some fresh milk (about 1/2 cup) and continued to let it simmer for another 5 minutes before adding some salt and pepper to taste. 

Creamy mushroom soup !
Have a try ! It's easy peasy. 

While having a bowl of this creamy mushroom soup, I suddenly thought of my son's gross menu he created a few weeks back. Click here to see how gross it was !


34 comments:

  1. tats really easy, no need to wok fry anything...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are back in actions! haha....

      Delete
  2. This looks so good. Such a comforting food on a rainy day. I love mushroom soup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self made mushroom soup not that salty and free from MSG. haha

      Delete
  3. Wah your mushroom soup looks very 'ho liao'! Lots of ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...homecooked, can add as much mushroom as you want !

      Delete
  4. Yummy mushroom soup. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mNhL for sharing the recipe step by step... Home cooked always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried. Can't get fresh muttons here. Would usually just eat the soup that comes in a can...and the same goes with the mushrooms too. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same like my hometown, non are selling fresh button mushrooms.

      Delete
  7. thanks for sharing. i want to try this too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Go ahead and try....

      Delete
  8. my favourite soup to accompany garlic bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh....I love dipping garlic bread into this soup too

      Delete
  9. oooh, homemade mushroom soup!! but i would think that is onion & mushroom soup indeed, haha.. guess they actually make a good combination..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I chopped too much onions. But I love onions !

      Delete
  10. that's a different and special way of making your own mushrooms soup huh.. toasting the mushroom and onions in the oven!! haha, unprecedented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this toasting idea from Google. Simply convenience.

      Delete
  11. looks easy to cook, perhaps i can try that also since i am someone even greener than a beginner when it comes to cooking, hehehehe~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya Ya....u should try coz it's simply easy n healthy.

      Delete
  12. oh, no need to blend the mushroom?? i watch many cooking programs, to make creamy soup one important step is to blend the ingredients to give that creamy texture..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dun have a blender. If u want creamier, add in more flour. That will thicken the soup.

      Delete
  13. Very easy version of mushroom soup. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...this looks really good! I might try this out. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Been looking for some simple but good mushroom soup recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya...it was indeed simple to prepare. Give it a try.

      Delete
  15. Wow~ it's that so simple to cook a mushroom soup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy way to prepare mushroom soup but healthy as no msg added !

      Delete
  16. Yummy! I want some mushroom soup now! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, I will crave for it. Now I've got this simple recipe, can cook anytime.

      Delete
  17. My girls and my favorite soup too! Did the stainless steel plate get burned or browned after toasting in the oven? Mine always does and the stain can't come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plate I used was fine. It did turned browned at the bottom after toasting, but once I soaked it with water and some soap, the stained comes off easily by scrubbing lightly.

      Delete

Other related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails