4 tbsp self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp milk ( I used Chocolate flavoured fresh milk )
5 tbsp sugar ( I reduced to 4 tbsp )
3 tbsp melted butter ( I used 3 tbsp cooking oil as I don't have butter )
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
some chocolate chips ( I don't have chocolate chips )
|Self-raising flour, baking powder & cocoa powder|
|Chocolate fresh milk & an egg|
2. Cracked an egg into a clean bowl and add the other wet ingredient into it. Mix well.
|Mixed wet ingredient into dry ingredient|
3. Mixed the wet ingredient into the dry ingredient and mix well.
|Cake batter ready for steaming|
4. Stir and combined them until you get a smooth batter.
|Poured onto Aluminum foil|
5. Since I have some aluminum foil at home, I used it to make into mini cup cakes. I'm not sure how high the cake will raise after steaming, so I did not fill up the foil. However, the cake didn't raise too much and there were still space for more batter.
6. Pre-boiled a pot of water for steaming. Once the water boils, turn to low fire and steam the cake for 10 - 15 minutes.
|Fresh from the 'pot'|
7. Used a clean fork to test the cake. If you get a clean fork, the cake is ready !
|The obvious holes on the cake's surface was created by a fork I used to test if the cake is done or not|
|Moist chocolate cakes|
The cakes are very moist and very chocolatey. If only I have butter and chocolate chips, I bet the cake will taste even better. I used approx. 40 minutes to prepare the cake (including steaming). The boy happily brought the cake to school the next morning !